Chase the Morning, Yield for Nothing

Chapter 4.

The wind was howling all around them. No sound could be heard apart from the howling wind and the snapping of a nearby branch. All five immortals stood frozen glaring out through the fog and mist for another sign of movement. None came but they didn’t relax.

Not.

One.

Single.

Bit.

“They know we’re on to them! We’re never going to get to her in time!” Alex growled, scanning the trees in front of them for a new sound, anything, that would get them going in the right direction again.

“Alex, will you relax? We’ll get to her before anything bad happens, I promise.” Ali told the angry dark haired man.

“Before anything bad happens! What do you think’s happening to her?! She’s been taken away by them…them…mutts! How can that be a fucking good thing?!” The dark haired man snaps at the tall leader.

“Alex, calm down! Whatever is out…there…might hear you! Just cool it and think positively!” The small black haired man said calmly to his raging friend and fellow immortal.

Another snapping sound, louder and closer to them this time, made them stop all their arguing and remain motionless, like a spider waiting for it’s prey to fly into it’s web. The snapping seemed to be coming from Ed’s left. The short black haired man moved slightly to the left and tried to glare through the fog and mist to see what figure was resting against a tree near the edge of the small forest, surrounding the foggy and creepy moor.

Seconds past that seemed like hours and not another sound could be heard, yet the five immortals stood in their statue like state just waiting for the tiniest sound. But there was nothing. They were losing precious minutes by just standing there, the same thought was going through not only Alex’s mind, but Dan’s too. Will Faith still be human when they find her? Or will she be dead?