Status: In process

Breaking the Unbreakable Vow

Chapter Eight

I felt uneasy, the room was silent. Draco and I had to whisper, “What is wrong with Hogwarts as it is?”

“Not now Harry, be casual…” he was right, we’d already raised there suspicions without talking about who shall not be named. “Um, so Potter…that broom of yours?”

He looked at me, “You ever fancied a game of quidditch?”

“Really?” it seemed like Draco really wanted friendship.

“Yeah… I won’t play rough Potter” we both laughed. This made the room go silent. We got talking, about lots of random stuff. Slugghorn congratulated us on our team work. Once class was over, Ron shoved Draco “What do you want with Harry you little snake?”

“Look – he brushed himself off- I realized how many opportunities I’ve missed, not being Potters friend.”

“Yeah? Like what?” he pushed

“Well, two great wizards shouldn’t work alone.” Draco began walking away

“You do fancy yourself, don’t you Malfoy!”

“What did you say Wheeze Bag?” In response, Ron punched him in the face. Fired up, Draco grabbed Ron by his robe. Draco began to beat him in return, before long they ended up in a full blown fight. Harry could not get involved without getting hurt himself… Snape stepped in, stopping the fight. None of them got the best of it; they both left the corridor with bloody mouths, noses and black eyes. Ron was upset, Harry decided to follow Draco. Feeling betrayed he sought comfort in Hermione. Hermione planned to confront Harry and find out the truth. Mean while Draco, was sat on a wall with his head hanging in shame. “Do you really think I’d get a beating of a ginger, if I wasn’t serious?” he tried to see the funny side.

“Yeah, I guess” I laughed, “its okay you know, I trust you.”

“Thanks it means a lot.” Tears in his eyes, he blamed it on the swelling.

“You never really had any true friends?” I asked from the heart.

“Nope.” He sniffed, “Crab and Goyle, don’t relate to me what so ever but Potter in some weird way we have a connection.”

“Yes I noticed, we both get a lot of unwanted attention. We’re both underestimated.”

“I suppose, but I didn’t necessarily mean that.”

“You were supposed to be in Slytherin Potter.”