Dearly Beloved

bloody dreams

As the waited through the drive thru, Mike picked up the map.
"Dude, where are we?"
"Uh... beats me...."
"Welcome to Wendy's, can I take your order?" a young girl's voice came from the speaker.
"Yeah, I'll have a kid's meal with a medium orange soda and a cheese burger, a double bacon cheese burger, large coke and some crispy strips with barbeque—"
"Honey mustard!" Mike corrected him.
"Make that honey mustard sauce and a fix 'n' mix frosty with—"
"Oreos!"
"Yes I know! Uh, with Oreos please... "
"Will that be all?"
"Ye-" suddenly Mike leaned across Billie's lap and stuck his head out the window.
"And another double bacon cheese burger combo, and a baked potato, oh some those-" Billie pulled him by his shirt back into his seat trying to hold him back.
"That'll be all, please!"
"Your total is $21.57." As they pulled up to the window, Billie and Mike swapped their glasses on, and mike put a cap on his head and threw a blanket over Tre who was still passed out. Then he turned to Billie.
"Billie!"
"What?"
"I didn't finish my order!"
"Yeah, like your gonna eat all that!"
"Watch me!"

Back on the road, Tre had woken up and was gobbling down his kids' meal and Mike was on his cheeseburger. Billie just watched him in awe, trying to keep his eyes on the road. When Mike said he was hungry, he wasn't kidding, thought Billie. Tre seemed like he was also starving. Even though he still couldn't speak, it wouldn't have made a difference, both were concentrated on their food. Mike then finished his food in record timing.
"Ha! I told you I could eat it all!" he said braggingly.
"Yeah, yeah, don't rub in it." Billie grumbled.
"Where are we anyway?" He said.
"I have no idea."
"I think we're near Vegas."
Tre started getting all excited and jumping up and down.
"All right, Tre we'll stop in Vegas don't you worry."
"WHAT?!"
"What's wrong with going to Vegas?" Mike asked.
"Well, ever time we go there something bad happens."
"Like what?" Mike asked unconvinced.
"Well, we got robbed and kicked out of bars and got in trouble with national security and Tre got abducted by a stripper and was missing for a week!"
Tre had a wide grin on his face.
"So, it was fun... kinda."
Billie just shook his head.
"I mean it's not like we're putting anyone's life in danger."
Billie hesitated.
"Yeah, I guess you're right. All part of experience. Hell, why not? Let's go!"
"Alrighty then, Vegas here we come!"
Tre was doing a little happy dance in the back seat.

A few hours later, the guys arrived in Vegas. The only problem was that a severe thunderstorm was passing and the hood of the convertible was jammed and not really cooperating as the rain poured down.
"God damn it!" screamed Billie as he jumping out of the car to free the hood. Mike got out and helped him too. Tre, on the other hand, was sitting criss-crossed in the backseat with a towel on top of his head, holding up the small black umbrella Billie had given Mike. He was already rib deep into the pool of water that had formed inside the car. He was counting the lightning bolts one by one.
"927, 928... holy crap! 929 biggie!"
Mike and Billie pulled a twig free from the hood mechanics and ran back to car. As Billie hopped in he landed with a big, unexpected splash!
"AH! COLD, COLD!" He yelled standing up. Mike opened the car door and the pool of water flowed out like a river past his feet. He hopped in as Billie drew the hood up. Soaking wet and shivering cold, Mike and Billie caught their breath.
"Here you go." Tre handed them the damp almost soaked towel he had had on top of his head.
"Thanks Tre." Mike said semi-sarcastically as he took the towel from him.
"Hey, you got your voice back." Billie said. But Tre was suddenly distracted.
"Ahhh, 941 and 942."
"You've been counting them?" Mike asked.
"They're pretty."
"Dangerous." Billie added, "Let's get out of here."
He got back on the road again, hoping to find a hotel quickly as possible.

Mike flopped down onto the plush bed sheets of their hotel room. Ah, a bed at last... he slowly drifted to sleep, snuggling into a pillow. Soon, he started dreaming...

He found himself standing in some sort of field of flowers. A never-ending field of flowers that stretched beyond what the eye could see in all directions. The sky was clear and navy blue, and soon large exaggerated stars appeared in the sky. Then in the distance he could see someone standing out in the field. As he focused, he realized she looked familiar. Brittney? What is she doing here? Mike started to walk towards her. As he did the stars began to disappear, the sky went from navy blue to black, the field of flowers turned into saw grass cutting at his arms as he walked. Mike tried to keep his arms from the blades of grass when he looked up and saw Brittney a few feet from him. She stood with her arms gathered in front of her, her hair to one side and stared at Mike with eyes glazed of red. She had a small smile as she saw him approach her. A look of wicked pleasure, a look of revenge. He took a step forward. Instead of landing on the stern soil of the field, his foot landed on something squishy and flooded. The entire field turned into a marsh. But there was no water.

It was blood.

Mike stepped back startled, but it was the same. He gasped as he saw Brittney standing in a puddle of blood. She slowly reached her hand out to him, her fist closed but palm up. Mike was horrified when he saw that her arm was soaked dripping in blood. He saw why. Cut into the inside of her arm, glistening red, were names. Cut in like a razor blade. He didn't know most but they where all over her arm, endless names dripping, bleeding of terror. The drops flooded the pool of blood she was standing in. He started to step back, breathing deeply when she opened her fist and cut into her palm was another name.
Dirnt.
Mike screamed as he saw his name begin to spill blood. He suddenly fell backwards. The Marsh started over flooding with the blood she shed. He felt stuck and could not stand. The blood kept rising until almost his entire body was submerged. He screamed but no one could hear him. He cried but no one could see him. He saw her standing above him, watching him drown helplessly. He managed to say to her, "Why?"
She just stared at him blankly as a tear of blood ran down her cheek.
"I'm not sorry." she whispered. She leaned forward and kissed him roughly. Mike tried to turn away but he couldn't. He felt himself suffocating. He couldn't breath. He tried to struggle from her grip as he felt the rising blood pass his neck. He felt himself slipping...
Mike suddenly awoke in cold sweat, gasping for air. He sat up in his bed. He saw that it was dark and moonlight shone through the hotel window. He saw Billie sleeping in the other queen sized bed and Tre snoring from a sleeping bag off the floor. He took deep breaths trying to calm himself. He looked at the digital clock on his nightstand. 4:32 am.

Mike got up and took a shower and got dressed. It was almost 5. He turned on the TV to see if anything was on. There was absolutely no way he was going back to sleep after his nightmare. He flipped channels for almost an hour until he actually found something. It was still dark outside and he was surprised neither Billie nor Tre woke up yet with the TV. He started watching West Side Story, trying to take his mind off the dream. When that didn't work he left the hotel, went to the ice cream place right across the street, which was surprisingly open, and bought a 3-gallon tub of Chocolate Swiss Almond and a giant spoon. He walked back to the Hotel room and continued watching West Side Story eating from the giant tub of ice cream in bed. It was 6:30 when it finally ended. He started crying when Tony was shot and dying in the girl's arms. He was crying so loud he woke up Billie. Tre was still out cold snoring away.
"Mike... what time is it?" he grumbled.
"That was so... sad... " He just sobbed. Billie saw the time and looked at the TV and then Mike Fully dressed in bed sobbing with a giant half eaten tub of ice cream on his lap.
"Mike, what the fuck is going on, it's 6:30 in the morning! Why are crying? And where did you get that ice cream? Why are you even up?" Billie complained still half asleep.
"One, I was watching a movie with a sad ending, two, the place across the street and three, I had a horrible nightmare and I couldn't go back to sleep."
"Horrible nightmare?"
"I don't wanna talk about it," Mike said as he turned off the TV, "it scared the living hell and shit out of me."
"Really, let me guess, you where deserted on an island and there was no coffee!" Billie started laughing but stopped when Mike gave him a dirty look. "Oh... you were serious?"
"Yes, Billie Joe, I think my bloody name carved into Brittney's palm and me drowning in blood at her hands is serious shit!" he screamed at him. Billie gave him a worried look.
"Drowning?"
"Yes."
"In blood?"
"Yes."
"Brittney?"
Mike didn't say anything. Billie sighed and got out of his bed and went to the bathroom. He came back out and grabbed his cell saying nothing to him. Mike just sat on his bed, uneasy.
"One missed call."
"I bet it was Adie." Mike said without a second thought. Suddenly Billie's eyes grew wide.
"Uh, Mike... " he said shakily.
"Yeah?" he said uncertainly, looking at his friend.
"Uh, by any chance... in that dream you had, was... was Brittney after you?" Mike suddenly looked terrorized.
"Why?"
Billie handed him his phone to him. There was a text message. It was from her. What terrorized him more was what was text on the screen of the cell phone.

I'm not sorry Dirnt.
I know where you are.