Status: New.

How A Heart Breaks

Porter

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Porter! Happy birthday to you!”

Taking in a deep breath, I blow out the fourteen candles decorating my chocolate cake. Laughter and clapping filled the air as I smiled goofily. A flash was seen and I knew my mother had taken a picture, not that I minded.

“When can I open presents?” I ask eagerly. Pash laughed from my left, knowing why I wanted to open them so bad.

Any time Pash got me presents, they were good ones, sometimes expensive. He said that he enjoyed watching my face light up so he tried to get me presents that I liked.

My mom sighed, “Not now, it’s time for cake.”

I whined, but stopped as soon as she slid a plate of chocolate cake and ice cream in front of me. Soon everyone was digging in, eating junk food and drinking pop until we felt sick. With a groan I lay my head on the table and rub my now full stomach.

“So good.”

Pash nodded in agreement from beside me. My other friends laughed and started handing me their cards or presents. I ripped through them all, finding cash, clothes, video games, clothes, and CD’s among them. Grinning, I look at Pash and ask, “Where’s my present biotch?”

With a roll of his eyes Pash pulled out a wrapped gift from his pocket. The object was small, able to fit in my hand. I stared at it suspiciously before asking, “Is this a trick where I’m going to be open it and it’s going to be empty?”

“Shut up and open it,” Pash ordered with a sly smirk.One that had my heart jumping.

I grinned widely before ripping the package open. Inside sat a black iPod touch, that had me screaming with delight for nearly five minutes. My mother groaned, knowing that I won’t be unplugging myself from it once I open it, but she smiled as she did it.

I barely gave him anytime to speak before I jumped him. “Thanks Pash! You’re the best!”

“No prob,” Pash spoke into my hair since I had my head buried in the crock of his neck.

I pulled away then with a silly grin. After the presents were opened and the party ended people started heading home. Pash and my other friends, Julian, Mark, and Hayden stayed since they were spending the night. Julian, Mark, and Hayden were my age so Pash began complaining.

“This sucks. I’m stuck in a house with spoiled brats who haven’t hit puberty yet.”

“Hey!” Julian shrieked. “These little brats who haven’t hit puberty out number you and we can easily kick your ass.”

“I highly doubt that,” Pash cackled.

“Charge!” Mark hollered, tackling Pash from behind. I shouted and jumped on him, but within four minutes he had all four of us lying on the floor.

He was, after all, three times our size and nothing but muscle. I frowned as he set his foot on my chest and leaned so we were nose to nose.

“Whose your daddy?”

“Fuck you!” I smacked his face away, laughing.

The night was filled with smiles, laughs, and jokes. It was all fun and games. It always was when we were all mixed together.

At first, Pash was super shy around my friends, he was shy around almost everyone he first met, but as the days and weeks went on he got used to them. Eventually he wasn’t afraid to talk or joke around with them and we all became super close.

“Since I’m birthday boy I get my bed!” I call when we all were too tired to stay up anymore.

Julian yawned, “I call couch!”

“I get the love seat!” Mark followed after Julian downstairs to the living room.

There were only two places left, the floor and an extra space in my bed. Hayden and Pash looked at each other before shouting, “I call bed!”

They both snarled. Pash glared at him and Hayden scoffed. I rolled my eyes before saying, “Rock, paper, scissors, best two out of three wins.”

Pash ended up winning and cheered with victory whenever Hayden whined. The boy stalked to the made up bed on the floor and curled in the blankets. Pash snickered before shutting off the lights and lying next to me in my bed.

We both turned on our sides so we were facing the other. With a smile I say, “Thanks for the birthday present.”

“You’re welcome,” Pash yawned before closing his eyes. “Night.”

“G’night,” I whisper before falling to sleep not long after him.

When I awoke the nextmorning afternoon I was pressed against a firm chest. I yawned and wiped the sleep from my eyes before blinking multiple times, wondering where I was. My cheeks got fire when I remembered…Pash cuddles.

I glanced up to see his sleeping face not far from my own. I flushed probably the darkest of reds when I felt the grip around my waist tighten and his arm pull me closer to him. I could feel his soft skin rubbing against my own.It felt amazing.

I felt this spark ignite inside my stomach. It exploded and swam throughout my entire body, tingling me from the inside out.

I don’t know what it was. I don’t know why it happened or why it only happened when Pash was around. All I know is that, I liked it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, there was a two year skip so you didn't read wrong.
Porter is now 14 and Pash is 18
I did the time skip to kind of show that they were friends and stuff y'know what I mean? :]
Your turn again lovely co-writer :]

Comment&Subscribe?