Status: Active

Teacher of the Year

Chapter 6

Audrey's Point of View.
October 12, 2010
6:00 p.m.

----

We we're in Bradley's kitchen now, he was dragging out ingredients and making some mindless small talk that just flowed off the tongue. All of our conversations we're like that. Nothing was held back, nothing needed to be held. We wanted to know everything about each other.

"What are you going to cook?" I couldn't help but wonder if he was a good cook or not. He mentioned it earlier, it had me curious.

"Ravioli, made from scratch." He looked over at me giving me a smirk. I love looking at his face, if I could I would stare at him for days.

It's like when you see someone new and you can't stop looking at them. It's not like you won't see them everyday after that, but you just want to remember their face; for whatever reason. Or when you first figure out you have a crush on someone you want to look but you know as soon as you do they will look over and catch you staring. So you sneak a peak at the clock just glancing at their profile.

"What?! Isn't that, like, impossible?"

"Not for an amazing cook, like myself." Cocky bastard.

I looked over at him and shook my head. He met my eyes for a brief second. Staring for a moment. He always knew how to make my heart melt. My heart rate sped up. I looked down to my lap and started to pick at my light purple finger nail polish, a nervous habit of mine.

----

His house is very warm. The colors in every room flowed. He had paintings on the walls, just all kinds of art work. Bowls of fruit in the kitchen, lamps, and magazines gave the house and even more sense of home. It really was beautiful. I had been here once before, about a month ago. The night my parents decided to leave me home alone with no key to get in. I don't really remember a lot, I was too focused on the idea that I was in my teacher's house.

I was in his guest bedroom. I just put down my bag that had all of my supplies. Tonight I planed on wooing Bradley and his mom.

I brought make-up, hair products, and pretty much anything I could find in my miniscule bathroom that would make me look just a speck of good. Hopefully I won't look just 'good', hopefully i will look hot.

I left Bradley in the kitchen, apron and all. He looked too cute, or hot which ever. Okay Audrey, you have to stop thinking of him.

I started to on my hair, since it would take the longest I decided to do it first. Once I put some anti-frizz serum in it I slowly curled my hair trying to make it look half way decent. It turned every way, it was a mixture of wavy and extremely curly. It looked really nice. I brushed out some of the really thick parts, then added some hair spray; making sure it would hold the long night ahead of me.

My make-up was next. I applied a thin layer of foundation, evening out my skin. Tanish gold toned eyeshadow made my eyes pop, along with a very thin line of liquid eyeliner on my top eyelid. Some mascara made my eyes shine even more. People had always told me that I had extremely long eyelashes, and they wished they had them. I never knew wether or not that was a compliment, now I know it is. Some powder and blush evened out my skin even more.

I was in the middle of the guest bedroom, and in the middle of slipping on the dress that brought my entire outfit together.

Bradley walked in. I was wearing a lacy tan bra with tan boy shorts to match. Basically I was wearing just about nothing. Of course he would come in now.

"Oh God, I'm.. I'm" He paused, not leaving the room, not moving, not even breathing. The dress was crumbled around my middle now, my legs still naked. I scrambled to pull down the dress as soon as possible. Also trying to hide the prominent blush creeping up to my cheeks.

"God, I'm so sorry I should have gone into the bathroom, really.. I'm so stupid, all of this is my fault. I can't believe I just let you come in..Sorry, sorry, sorry." I was rushing around, pacing trying to convince him and myself that I made a mistake.

"Hey," He walked up to me steadying me with his muscular ams. "It's not your fault, I should have knocked. Don't even worry about it. I don want you to come down stairs thought. I want to see what you think of how I set up the dining room." He placed his hands on my cheeks rubbing his thumbs over the soft skin right under my eye calming me down.

"Okay." I squeaked, trying not to let my heavy breathing come through my voice.

We traveled down the stairs both not saying much, trying to shake the awkwardness, and failing unbelievably. I tried to ignore the fact that he had a little problem down south. Today just wasn't his day. First, I was teasing him, now it was all him. How could Bradley really.. you know, just from me?

----

I tried the sauce, I loved it. Man he wasn't kidding he is a wonderful cook. Bradley persisted that I eat it off the spoon while he held it. After he put it down he wiped his hands on the towel on the counter. He turned back around to look at me. Bradley did an adorable head tilt. His right hand came up to brush my bangs out of my eyes. His hand was left on the side of my face, I brought my small hands up to his big one and held it over my cheek. Savoring the feeling I rubbed my cheek against his calloused, rough hand. It felt as if we were the only people in the world. It was like a movie scene, where the adorable guys cooks dinner for the small, lonely girl. Then they fall in love, and live happily ever after.

Not so much in this story.

Ding Dong.

"Looks like mom is here!" Way to ruin a moment.

Bradley pulled away from me, rubbing his thumb across my cheek, saying he was sorry for the interruption.

"Mom!" He ran up to her, and wrapped his arms around her.

Seconds passed.

"Okay son, let me breath." He stepped away. I thought it was sweet. He told me that he had not seen his mother in almost a year, he also mentioned they do not have a great relationship anymore, they had grown apart.

The middle aged woman walked toward me. She looked like she just stepped out of a magazine, thirty years ago of course. She looked me up and down several times trying to take in my outfit.

"Dreadful." That was all the cruel woman said. She lifted her head, nose up in the air and walked straight to the dining room. "Are you going to stand there or are we going to have dinner?"

Bradley gave me a look as to say, 'I'm sorry!'. I nodded understanding that he couldn't control his mother, and her opinions. He put both of his large hands on my forearms controlling my erratic beating heart. She scared me.

----

We were only ten minutes into the dinner. We had eaten the salad in silence. She never said a word. Not until I started to ingulf myself in the delicious ravioli Bradley had so brilliantly made.

"Really, you are going to eat that?" I noticed she did not have any of the main dish on her plate.

"Yes, I enjoy ravioli very much, and I wouldn't want to be rude." I tried to be as sweet as sugar as I looked at her.

"But, your figure? How do you maintain it, if not with dieting?" She looked at me like I was stupid. This evening was doing wonders for my self-esteem.

"I don't watch my weight. My mom was a very skinny person. I guess it's just in my jeans." I shrugged my shoulders. There really was no need for me to try and even impress this woman, it was never going to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
4 stars? I love you guys!
fast update right?!

I'm going to my sister's house in Birmingham this weekend, so don't expect an update.
So this chapter just shows that they really do have feelings for each other they are just trying to kind of hide them. You know the old game of cat and mouse. Last chapter was my favorite so far!

Comments?

p.s. Special thanks to heyitsbecca. Your comment made my day!
and if you have any questions you can ask me on my formspring account. www.formspring.me/rikkahhh

p.s.s. The mom is based off Meryl Streap's character in The Devil Wears Prada.