One Last Kiss...

Prologue

I sighed softly as my body moved without much thought or effort on my part. My petite frame seemed to be moving through the motions with an almost automatic and instinctual way.
The bedroom had no lights and would be pitch black in the November night had it not been for the numerous candles that were lit around it. It seemed like there was at least a hundred votives and tea lights in a mixture of the entrancing Tahitian Vanilla fragrance I loved with my favorite scent, lavender. The soft glowing light of them licked the deep maroon walls with such regal elegance. The trim of my room matched the black leather bed in the center, below a rot iron chandelier. A sigh escaped my lips, even without the extra mystique of the candles, it really was a romantic room.
The bed groaned softly with the movement upon it, while shadows danced off of the blood red walls. The salty sweat scent of sweat hung in the thick air.
“Oh, Amber…” My brown haired, muscular boyfriend of the past two years, Toby, moaned softly through those pouty lips of his, with golden eyes half closed.
I dropped my luggage in the doorway feeling the overwhelming onset of emotion stick to my throat.
The noise caused those familiar eyes to shoot open all the way and dart from the sweat-sticky blonde over to me in the doorway… the girlfriend of his that flew back from her job interview early to surprise him.
And surprise him I, clearly, did.