Light Me On Fire

You, Oh, You;

I smoothed the bottom of my white tank top over my jeans and grabbed my phone, before heading downstairs. My mom was sitting at the kitchen table, going over the checkbook and my dad was changing the light bulb in the kitchen.

"Who's the lucky boy?" he asked.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Nick."

"Nick?" my mom questioned and looked up from the calculator she had previously been crunching numbers on. "Little Nicky who used to hang out with you and John all the time?"

I nodded my head. "That'd be him."

My father stepped down from the small ladder he had been using and bellowed out a laugh. "Who would have guessed you two would take a liking to each other."

"We're just friends," I said.

"Mhm. When Nick gets here, let him in so we can say hi," my mom told me.

I groaned. "Mom, does he have to?"

She laughed. "I just want to say to the boy, Sophia."

My dad laid his hand on my shoulder. "We're not going to scare him off." He gave me a sly smile and I laughed.

"Right." The doorbell sounded and I sighed. "That's probably him."

"Well, go get the door," my mom said.

I stuck my tongue out at her, before walking over and opening the door. A smile instantly graced my face as I looked over Nick. He was wearing a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, and a plain white v-neck with a black vest over it. He smiled at me and wriggled his eyebrows.

"Are you just going to stare at me all night, Ettley?"

I laughed and pulled him inside. "Don't flatter yourself. My parents want to say hi."

"Really? Where are they?" he asked.

"Ri-"

"We're right here!" my dad cut me off and walked over to Nick, engulfing him in a hug. "How've you been, son?"

"I've been good, dad. You?"

"Just fine, although my back has been acting up."

My mom rolled her eyes and held her arms out to Nick. "David, the boy doesn't want to hear about your back problems. He wants to take our sweet Sophia out on a date."

Nick laughed as he wrapped his arms around my mom. "I don't mind listening."

"I always did like you, Nick," my father said, smiling.

I laughed. "Alright, alright, can we go now?"

"Yes. Don't be back too late, Soph," my mom said.

I nodded my head and grabbed Nick's hand. "I won't, ma."

"I'll see you guys later," Nick said and threw a wave over his shoulder as I dragged him out of the door. Once we were outside, I let go of his hand. "In a rush?"

I smiled. "You could say that."

He chuckled and opened the passenger door for me. "Interesting." After sitting down, he shut the door and ran over to the driver's side. "Did you eat, yet?"

I looked at him. "Was I supposed to?"

He smiled. "We can grab something real quick, I suppose."

I smiled and turned on the radio. "I'm craving Sonic."

"Are you?"

"Yes."

"Well I'm not."

I laughed and playfully slapped Nick, who began laughing as well. "You're such an ass."

He blew me a kiss and smiled. "One fine piece of ass."

I scoffed. "And conceited."

He laughed. "Anyways, how was school?"

I sighed. "Stressful."

"Oh, yeah? Why?"

"John and Elle are constantly bickering, as always. I've got an article due for journalism in two days, and a psychology project on top of that."

He whistled. "Damn. I'm glad I'm done with school."

I laughed. "Lucky you."

We pulled into a Sonic and parked in one of the drive-ins.

"Know what you want?" he asked me.

I nodded my head. "A number two with a cherry limeade."

"That's it?"

"Yep."

He nodded his head and began placing the order. "And a num-"

"WAIT!" I leaned over Nick. "Instead of fries, can I have tator tots?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Thank you!" I leaned back into my seat and noticed Nick staring at me out of the corner of his eye. "What?"

"Nothing." He laughed and finished placing his order, before rolling the window up. "So . . ."

"So . . ." I turned the volume of the radio down and looked at Nick.

"Can I ask you something?"

"I suppose."

He laughed. "Why don't you have a boyfriend?"

I shrugged. "I don't know."

"Not interested in anyone?"

I sighed. "Not really. Plus, I don't really hang out with anyone outside of our group. And guys that have taken an interest in me, are always intimidated by John and I's friendship." I grabbed Nick's hand and held it in my left palm, tracing small shapes with my right index finger.

"Well, you guys are close," he said.

I looked at him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

He cackled. "Nothing."

I smirked and leaned my face towards Nick's. "Why did you ask me out on this date?"

He smile shyly and intertwined our fingers. "I have my reasons."

"Tell me one."

"Now why would I do that?"

"Because I'm asking politely," I said and batted my eyelashes.

Nick laughed and looked me in the eyes. "You want the blunt truth, or can I stall?"

"Truth, Mr. Santino."

"Well . . . I like you, Sophia. And when I say like, I mean, I really, really like you."

I smiled and pressed my forehead against his. "Do you, now?"

He laughed and his breath brushed across my lips. "I do."

"Well, maybe I really, really like you, too."

He smiled and placed his right hand on my cheek. "That's good to know."

I laughed softly and Nick pressed his lips against mines, right as a tap came on the window.

I backed away and smiled. "The food."

Nick groaned and rolled down his window. "The food."
♠ ♠ ♠
- Sophia

Rejoice NIck Lovers! Hahaa. There's now like 92 of you guys, and I'm
Blown away! THANK YOU SO MUCH! (: