Light Me On Fire

Now That You're Not Away;

I quickly turned my body around and came face to face with none other than a certain orange-headed boy. A smile quickly grew on my face.

"Nick!" I pulled him into a tight hug and felt his breath on my neck as he laughed. "When in the hell did you get here?"

"Oh, just this afternoon. John and the guys thought it'd be a good idea to surprise you." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "So, uh, surprise."

I laughed and pulled him into another quick hug. "Well, it was a good idea. I am surprised."

He smiled. "Good. So where's that thing that you just so happen to call a friend and John calls his girlfriend."

I playfully slapped his shoulder. "Don't be rude. And Elle is somewhere off finding that boyfriend of hers."

"Figures. Have you gotten something to drink yet?"

I held my hands up, showing him that they were empty. "What do you think?"

"No need to get cheeky. What do you want?"

"Anything. Please." I smiled.

He nodded his head. "Be back in a sec."

He walked away and I waved Kennedy over. He gave me a quick hug before taking a sip out of the long neck he cradled in his hand.

"So did you like the surprise?"

"If you're talking about Nick, then yes. I can't believe he's actually here."

Kennedy let out a hearty laugh. "Well, good. Where's your drink?"

"Is everyone here trying to get me drunk?"

He raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"First Nick asks me about my shortness of drinks and now you."

"Oh." He shrugged. "I was just wondering."

"Mhm." I smiled and he laughed.

Nick's pale hand appeared in front of me and I gratefully took the red Solo cup from his hand.

"It's vodka and cranberry juice."

I smiled. "You remembered!"

He laughed. "Yeah, yeah. Don't feel too special. Almost every girl I know loves that drink."

I rolled my eyes and took a sip of the red colored substance. "Let's go find the rest of our gang."

"Let's." Kennedy led the way through the crowded room and Nick and I followed in pursuit.

We ended up finding the rest of our friends huddled around Garrett's table in the kitchen.

"Sophie, babe!"

I smiled as I heard my best friend's voice ring through my ears. "Hey, Kels. How're ya?"

"Pretty good. I'm glad you found my boyfriend." She smiled and her gaze fell upon Kennedy.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, unfortunately I did."

She laughed and embraced Kennedy in a hug. I felt a little awkward watching them share a kiss, so I took a seat at the table where everyone was randomly situated.

"What're you drinking?" Garrett asked, glancing into my cup.

"Vodka and cranberry juice," John and I spoke at once, causing us both to laugh.

"How'd you know?" Elle questioned him.

"It's her favorite drink, babe. You should know. You're her best friend too," he joked and pinched her cheek.

She squirmed a little in his lap and rolled her eyes, "Apparently you two are closer."

I ignored the part of me that wanted to roll my own eyes and took another gulp of my drink. "Where's Pat?"

"Right here! Miss me?" he asked suddenly appearing behind me, causing me to jump a little.

"Shitface."

He smile and took a seat in the chair beside me. "That's not very nice."

"Sorry?" I threw a fake smile his way, which resulted in him sticking his tongue out at me.

The music gradually grew louder as we all conversed and I found myself on my third vodka and cranberry juice mix. I was going slightly fast in my drinking, but I didn't really put much thought to it. I knew for a fact that I was behind the others in their drinking.

"Sophia, love! Come dance with me!" A tipsy Nick held his hand out in front of me and I giggled.

"I don't dance."

He pouted. "Why not?"

"Because I/she sucks!" Garrett and I answered him in unison.

I glared at him and he smiled back. "I'm sorry, dear. I'm just stating the truth."

"Yeah, well, you're not that great yourself."

"How would you know?"

"Uh, does last year's homecoming dance ring a bell? You nearly broke all of the toes on my right foot."

"That was one time!" Garrett tried to defend himself as a chorus of laughter erupted.

"Yeah, sure." I quickly downed what was left in my cup and stood up. "But just because I like proving people wrong, I am in fact going to dance with Nick."

"Yay!" Nick grabbed my hand pulled me out of the kitchen into the very warm and packed living room.

A fast beat song began blaring through the speakers and even though it had been awhile since I danced, I felt myself going with the vibe and rhythm. Nick's hands planted themselves on my waist and pulled me closer. A small laugh escaped my mouth and Nick smirked in response. We continued to dance, and yes, grind a little until the song finished. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Kelsi and Kennedy had joined the 'dance floor' as well. I gave Kelsi a wink as she looked my way. She rolled her eyes and grinned as she proceeded to move her hips in sync with Kennedy's.

After two more songs, I felt small beads of sweat form on my forehead. Not that dancing was a work out, but being in a room full of other bodies and having alcohol flowing in my system, it made me rather warm. I told Nick that I was going to take a break outside and he nodded, following behind me. Once we reached the backyard, I slipped my feet out the golden sandals I had been wearing and took a seat on the steps of the deck. Nick sat beside me and I pulled out my pack of cigarette's from my pocket.

"I imagine I already know your answer, but just to be sure, would you like one?" I asked him, holding the pack out between us.

He laughed and shook his head. "No, thanks."

I shrugged and pulled one out for myself and lit it. I set the pack and the lighter beside my legs and slowly took a drag of the stick.

"So, how've you been since I last came to town?"

"That was only . . . two months ago, Nick."

He chuckled, "A lot could of happened in two months."

I blew out a cloud of smoke, "That is true. But, unfortunately for me, not much has happened."

"Ah."

"What about you?" I asked him and took another drag.

"Just writing some songs and trying to put together an EP with Justin and Eric. They'll probably be coming down in a couple days."

I nodded my head, "I can't wait. I miss those clowns."

He laughed, "Yeah, they're hard to be without."

"Awe, does Nicky miss his bwest fwiends?" I asked him in a high-pitched tone; much like one would talk to a baby.

His pale face flushed. "Shut up, Soph."

I smiled and was about to take another drag of my cigarette, when someone's footsteps came running towards us. I turned around and saw that it was Kelsi.

"What's wrong?" I asked, noticing the expression on her face.

"Uh, Elle and John are at it again. I figured you would know how to handle the situation better than anyone else."

I sighed and stood up, flicking the cigarette into Garrett's yard. I'd apologize later. "Let's go find the dysfunctional couple."

"Are they like this all the time?" Nick asked as we walked into the house.

"Eh, yeah, I guess. Elle's just too insecure for her own good."

He nodded his head and Kelsi led us back into the kitchen, where immediately, I could hear yelling. The majority of it coming from Elle.

"ELLIE!" I yelled walking towards her.

She glanced at me, "What?!"

"What the hell is going on?" I asked whilst stepping between her and John.

"Why don't you ask this fucking idiot!" she yelled in response.

"Fine." I turned around and looked at John. "Hey, you fucking idiot, what the hell is going on?"

A few laughs were belted out. I could tell John wanted to laugh, but due to the situation at hand, he held it back.

"Ellie's just being Ellie, Sophia. She thinks I was trying to talk to some chick while she went to the bathroom."

I turned back to Elle. "Elle, what the hell, babe?"

Her eyes glazed over. "He was, Sophia! I swear! He was hugging her and -"

"Oh, give me a fucking break, Elle!" John spoke up, his tone showing frustration. "Just because I talk or hug another female does not mean I'm trying to jump bones with her, for fuck sakes!"

"Elle, I think you were just overreacting. John was-"

"You always take his fucking side, Sophia! I'm supposed to be your best friend!"

"You're both my best friends." I eyed her.

"But you always take his side! It's not fair!" She huffed and crossed her arms over chest.

"I'm too fucking buzzed for this shit, right now," John said and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Who brought you here?" I asked him.

"Kennedy."

I sighed, "I'll take you home." I turned back to Elle. "I'll come back for you, okay?"

She rolled her eyes. I was trying my best not to get angry myself, but Elle was just making it so fucking difficult.

"Elle, I'm not taking anyone's fucking side, okay? You two are just a little tipsy and I'm saving both your asses from saying shit that you'll regret in the morning."

"Yeah, whatever!"

This time, it was Kelsi who spoke up. "Elle, quit being a fucking bitch, 'kay?"

I looked at her, hoping my eyes would convey a 'thank you' to her. She nodded her head in response.

"Come on, John." I grabbed his arm and began to pull him out of the kitchen.

"You two are just so fucking perfect! Maybe you should be with her, instead of me, John!" Elle shouted out.

I stopped and turned around on my heels. "Elle, I'm going to ignore that statement, because I know you're drunk. Now, like I said, I'll be back as soon as I can for you."

"Don't bother!"

I finally had enough of her shit. "Fine. Walk your ass home then, okay?" I smiled and continued pulling John out of the kitchen, through the living room and out of the house.

This was just another party and another night in which Elle had managed to embarrass not just herself, but John as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was surprised at how many of you instantly hated/disliked Elle so quickly.
I thought you guys would appreciate her friendship with Sophia. Hahaa.
Thank you for the comments and for subscribing, lovelies! (:

Oh, Shameless. made me that lovely banner. If anyone else wants/feels like making me one, feel free too! I'd love to see 'em! (: