Light Me On Fire

But Now That You're Here, I'm Okay;

John

The drive back to my house was relatively silent. Garrett had Third Eye Blind blasting through the car, so there wasn't much room for talking. But, I didn't really have much to say anyways. When he pulled into my driveway, I noticed that he turned the volume down and looked at me. I arched my brows in curiosity and he groaned.

"What?" I finally asked.

"What happened last night?"

I ran my fingers through my hair, and tried to think of what he meant by asking me that question.

"Um, last night . . . are you talking about me and Ellie's fight?"

He rolled his eyes and leaned his head back on the headrest. "No, dumbass. I don't care about what went on with you and the she-devil."

"Well then, exactly what the fuck are you talking about, Garrett?" I was becoming annoyed.

"You and Sophia, John!"

"Oh," I said.

He stared blankly at me and I returned the look to him.

"Did anything happen?" he asked me slowly, drawing out each word as if I were mentally retarded.

"No, Garrett. What the fuck are you asking me this for?"

"After what Ellie said last night, the group and I got to thinking," he told me and rubbed his thumb and index finger under his chin.

"Thinking about what?" I was confused as to what the fuck he was talking about.

"I mean, you and Sophia are really close," he mumbled.

My eyes widened as I realized just what he was getting at. I opened the door and shook my head. "Whatever it is you're thinking, you've got the wrong fucking idea, Garrett." I got out and shut the door.

"If I'm so wrong, why are you getting so damn defensive?"

Without giving him an answer, I threw up my middle finger and made my way up to my door. I noticed both my parent's cars were gone, meaning they had already left work. I grabbed the spare house key from under a cactus plant my mom kept by the door, and walked inside. I shut the door and walked up to my room.

I can't believe Garrett and everyone thought Sophia and I had something going on. I shook my head and laughed at the thought, as I grabbed my towel from the hanger on my closet door and walked to the bathroom. I turned the water on, allowing it to warm up, before taking off my clothes from last night.

The warm water hit my body, making me feel relaxed and calm. I set my palms on the wall in front of me and let the water run over my head.

As weird as I thought the idea was, did Sophia and I really make it seem like we liked each other? I mean, sure we had gone out during our freshman year, but it wasn't like that was really anything big. We dated for a month at the most, before we realized that things were too awkward and we were better off as friends. I tilted my head back and closed my eyes.

Then again, it wasn't like I didn't notice how beautiful Sophie was; because, to be completely honest, she's fucking gorgeous. Her hair was it's natural shade of light brown and nearly reached her elbows. Her skin was a gorgeous, light shade of caramel that darkened a bit in the summer, from being out in the sun so much. Her smile was perfect and reached the corners of her hazel eyes. And her body . . . her body was stunning. She had flawless long legs and curves that could leave any boy hypnotized. From rummaging through her drawers so many times, I had learned that she wore a 38 C in bras, though she hates it whenever anyone brings up the subject of her breasts.

It took me all of two minutes, to realize that my thoughts had caused a reaction from my body.

"Fuck," I mumbled.

This was not good. Not good at all.

______________________________________________________

"I just don't see why you put up with her, Sophie."

I sighed and threw the purple shirt in my hand to the floor. "Kelsi, Ellie's really not that bad once you get to know her."

She scoffed. "Soph, hon, almost everyone in our group hates her."

"That's because you just see her and John fighting. You've never really spent one-on-one time with her."

She sighed. "Is this your way of suggesting we have a girl's day?"

I laughed. "Maybe. Like tomorrow, we can all go to the mall or something?"

Kelsi was silent for a moment, before I heard another sigh escape her mouth. "Fine.But I'm warning you now, Soph, if she tries any stupid shit, you might have to call security on me."

"Ha ha. You're real funny, Kels."

"I'm being serious!"

I laughed. "Okay, whatever. You're still coming to pick me up, right?"

"Yes, ma'am. I'll be there in twenty."

"Alrighty then. See ya."

"See ya, love."

I hung up and looked around in my closet. So many options and yet, I couldn't find an outfit that I liked. How pathetic, right? I sighed and decided on wearing a purple and grey tank with a pair of light blue denim capris. I wore my hair down, letting it fall in its natural waves. I applied mascara and eye-liner to my eyes, before calling it good. After all, it was only a barbecue at Pat's with the guys. It wasn't like I really had anyone to impress. I grabbed my grey sandals from my closet and my phone, before running downstairs.

My dad was watching an episode of 'How It's Made' and my mom was looking through the sales in the newspapers.

"You look pretty, honey," she told me.

I smiled. "Thanks, ma."

"Now, where are you off to tonight, Soph?" my dad asked me.

"Just to Pat's for a barbecue and some good ole cornhole," I told him and rolled my eyes.

He laughed and shook his head. "Have fun."

"I'll try." I looked out the window just in time to see Kelsi's white jeep pull into my driveway. "Kelsi's here. I'm going!" I yelled as I opened the door.

"HAVE FUN!" my mom yelled.

"AND WE LOVE YOU!" my dad added.

I laughed. "I WILL AND I LOVE YOU, TOO!" I ran out to her car and got in the passenger seat.

"Jeez, I can't even come in and say hi to your parents?" she joked.

I rolled my eyes. "You can still go in. I'll sit out here in your nice air conditioned car."

She laughed and turned onto the main street, and began driving to Pat's house. "So, what happened with you and John last night? You never told me."

I looked at her as if she were crazy. "Come again?"

She rolled her eyes. "You and John, Sophie! Did you guys do anything last night?"

I gasped loudly and placed my hands on the dashboard as we came to a red light. "Where the fuck did that come from?!"

She laughed and shook her head. "You act so surprised, dear. Last night when Ellie made it a point to say how close you two are, well . . . the group got to talkin'."

"Uh huh. And just what did you guys say?" I asked her, crossing my arms over my chest.

"We were just saying how it's true: you and John are so cute together and you guys are real close."

I rolled my eyes. "I can't believe you guys would even think that about John and I."

"Why not? What's wrong with John?"

"Nothing's wrong with John! It's just . . . I don't know. It's weird you guys would think that, I guess."

"Why?" she asked as she turned onto Pat's street.

"Because, I mean . . . we dated freshman year, if you remember."

She nodded her head. "Yeah, I remember."

"Well then, you should probably remember that it didn't last long because the whole relationship was awkward."

She laughed. "Sophie, you and John aren't the same people as you were freshman year. None of us are. I mean, I wasn't dating Kennedy back then, either. But now, look at us."

Just as she said that, we pulled into Pat's driveway and Kennedy was out front shaking his ass at us.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, look at the fine specimen you chose."

She laughed and hit my arm before we both got out of the car. "Babe! Sophia was making fun of you!"

I stuck my tongue out at her. "Tattle tale!"

She smiled and shrugged her shoulders. Kennedy gave me the middle finger and I politely turned down his offer.

He laughed. "Whatever. You're just jealous 'cause you can't have this."

"Oh, yes, Kenny. That's exactly what it is." I smiled and ran up to Jared, wrapping my arms around his torso. "Where were you last night, mister?!"

He laughed and turned around, wrapping his arms around me as well. "Family night. Parent's wouldn't let me go for shit."

I laughed. "Poor you!"

Garrett came out from the house, holding one of the cornhole sacks in his hands. "Hey, Sophie!"

I smile and waved at him. "Hey, Garrett!"

"Think fast!" he yelled.

"WH -" before I could even finish, the bag hit me on the side of my face, causing me to stumble backwards and fall. "You fucking dick!"

He laughed as he ran over to me. "Oh my, God, Sophie! I'm so sorry!" He reached his hands out to me, but I slapped them away.

"Get the fuck away from me!" I told him.

Just then, John emerged from the house and saw me on the ground. He ran over and looked between Garrett and I.

"What the hell happened?"

"This fucking cunt asshole threw a corn bag at my face!"

Garrett scoffed. "It wasn't like it was a rock or something."

I glared at him and John laughed, before reaching his hands out to me.

"I'l help you," he told me.

"Thank you!" I placed my hands in his and he pulled me to my feet.

Once I was steadily on my feet, I noticed John hadn't let go of my hands. My eyes landed on the sight and after a moment, he noticed. He immediately pulled his hands away.

"Um, sorry . . . about that." He hurriedly walked away and I saw Kelsi give me a look that mirrored my thoughts:

What the hell?
♠ ♠ ♠
- Sophie

- Kelsi

Ut - Oh. Do you guys foresee any problems?
I had fun imagining JohnOhhh in the shower. Hahaa. I have problems, I know!
Thank you guys for all the comments and for subscribing! (: