Status: completed

I Fell Hard and Fast

Chapter 13

"Congratulations class of 2011," the principal cheered as everyone threw their hats in the air.

Venus came running to me and I picked her up.

"Congratulations," she said and gave me a quick kiss before getting down.

My family made their way to us. "I'm very proud of you son. You did it," my dad sounded happy for me.

Finally, school was over. No more teachers, no more homework, no more tests, and no more time away from Venus. From now on it would just be Venus, me and the forest.

After my friends and family congratulated me, I found Venus sitting in the grass away from the crowd. Johnny was sitting on her lap.

"Hey love," I greeted as I sat next to her. She gave me a kiss and Johnny barked happily. "Tonight, me and you, the forest and a small campfire," I scheduled with simple words.

Venus smiled. "Sounds romantic," she whispered seductively and I shivered in delight.

"That's what I was going for," I replied and went in for another kiss. "Go home with my parents and I'll meet you at the forest later," I ordered.

She narrowed her eyes and looked at me skeptically. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were planning something," she assumed as we stood up.

I smiled and gave her another kiss before running off to my car. I drove to the edge of the forest and got out quickly.

There was no time to waste and I had to set everything up perfectly. I told the animals to find sticks and stones. I built a small teepee with the sticks and lit them on fire. I surrounded it with stones so I didn't burn down the forest.

One of the most romantic powers, I think, is the ability to control trees and plants. i used that power to make flowers bloom and make everything look more romantic.

I ran to my car to get the marshmallows. When I came back, Venus was sitting on a log next to the fire.

I hit my pocket to make sure her ring was still there. "This is beautiful," she claimed quietly as I sat next to her. "So I told your mom some of the secret ingredients to my recipes and she said we have to come back for Thanksgiving to see if she got it right."

We told my parents about the forest yesterday. They didn't believe us so we had to come here to prove it. My mom almost fainted but Sam thought it was the coolest thing.

Venus went on talking about things and funny mess-ups at my graduation while I secretively tried to slip the ring around a marshmallow. I gave up, afraid I was looking suspicious.

With my mind, I asked a squirrel to do it for me. I felt stupid when he finished quickly and handed it back to me.

Venus stopped talking and turned to watch the fire. I saw this as my chance.

"Venus, I love you," I started slowly, "and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. These past months of my life with you have been the best. I have never loved someone more than I love you."

She looked at me questioningly as I got down on one knee.

"I'm asking you to make me a happier man." I put the ring in front of me and she laughed a little. "Marry me?" I asked.

I never got to see the rest of that dream but I figured I did something a lot like it.

Tears streamed down her face. She was too choked up to speak so she nodded and hugged me.

She gave me a strong kiss that knocked me backwards as we laughed. I pushed her up and she gave me a confused look.

I ate the marshmallow and slid the ring on her finger as she laughed. "Now you're mine," I claimed as I went in for more kisses.

"Wasn't I always?" she whispered against my lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
So yea that's the end

hope you enjoyed it
thanks for reading