Status: completed

I Fell Hard and Fast

Chapter 3

"Here we are," I stated as I pulled into my driveway and shut off the engine. I looked at her clothes. "Maybe I should get you something nicer to wear."

"That would be nice," she smiled.

We got out of the car and I opened the door to the backyard. "Wait here," I told her. I entered the house form the back door. I walked to the living room to see Samantha sitting there, watching TV still. I sneaked up to her room and grabbed a shirt and some pants.

Venus was standing in the same place when I came back out. "Do you-"

"Want to wash off?" she finished and I nodded. "I don't want to get your house dirty."

My brain was hard at work, trying to find some way to get her clean. I snapped my fingers when I finally thought of a good idea. I grabbed our sprinkler toy from the side of the house. None of us have touched it in like six years.

I connected it to the hose and turned on the water. The water started squirting up high. Venus smiled and walked towards it.

At first, she just put her hand through the water then she went under the downfall.

When she was totally wet - and looking hotter than ever - she walked over to me and tugged on my hand. I took my cell out of my pocket and set it on the porch chair.

We laughed and played around in the water until we heard a throat clear. I was holding Venus up with her back against my chest and my arms snaked around her waist.

"Mom's home and who is she?" Samantha asked.

I unwrapped my arms and set Venus down on her feet. "Samantha, this is Venus. Venus, that is my sister, Samantha," I introduced.

Samantha smiled and waved. She looked at the table where her clothes were for Venus. "Are those my clothes?" Sam screeched, pointing to her clothes.

"Sammy she doesn't have any. She's only staying one night. Just let her wear those and I'll do your laundry for a month and you can go bowling with me and my friends," I compromised.

"Fine," she was about to go back into the house but she turned back around with a smirk. "Is she the girl?"

I glared at her and she went into the house. Venus walked over to the clothes and picked up the shirt. "Oh wait," I stopped her. I pulled the back door opened and shouted into the house. "Samantha, I need towels please."

She groaned but a few minutes later brought some towels. "What I do for love," she teased. She looked at Venus and then at me. She giggled and then left.

Venus wrapped the towel around herself and, somehow, was taking her clothes off under it. She got dressed and then let the towel drop to the floor. She looked at me and giggled. "Are you going to stay in your wet clothes?" she asked, stifling a laugh.

I laughed and started stripping down to my boxers. "So I just realized I don't know your name and it's pretty silly of me to just jump in the car and go home with you without knowing your name," she told me with a smile.

"I'm Kyle," I told her.

"You already know my name so not much I can say," she replied.

We went into the house and I tried to sneak her up to my room. Unfortunately, my mom came out of the kitchen and stopped us from going upstairs.

"Kyle, aren't you going to tell me who this is?" my mom asked.

I sighed. "Mom this is-"

"I'm Venus," she cut me off. She held her hand out for my mom. My mom smiled and shook her hand. "And what's your name?"

"My name is Rebecca. You seem sweet so I'll let you call me by my first name," my mom complimented.

I can't believe she did that. I've brought home many girls and she has never let them call her Rebecca.

"That's very nice of you. So how was your day?" Venus asked. She sounded genuinely interested. Most girls don't even try to talk to my mom. If they do bother with her, they speak hesitantly and it sounds almost forced. Venus sounded sincere.

"It was great dear. Are you staying for dinner?" my mom asked. Venus turned to me and I already knew what she was thinking. How could you invite me to spend the night without asking your mom?

She turned back to my mom and smiled. "If that's okay with you," she checked.

My mom waved her hand dismissively. "Yeah it's fine, I always make extra." My mom went back into the kitchen and we went up to my room.

I offered her a seat on my bed while I found dry boxers. My bathroom is connected to my room so I don't have to deal with the whole sibling sharing thing.

When I came out of the bathroom, Venus was sitting cross legged in the middle of the bed with my pet chameleon, Color.

She looked up at me and smirked. "Are you making a protest to clothes?" she teased. I love how witty she is.

"Just thought you wanted one last look before I got dressed." I joked, rubbing my abs as she laughed.

"I'm good now," she replied. I smiled and then walked over to my closet. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a red shirt. I turned around and was about to ask her a question when there was a knock on the door.

They didn't wait for me to answer. Samantha came walking in with Matt trailing behind her. "What do you guys want?" I asked.

"Just wanted to meet your new girl. Samantha wants to know what's special about her," Matt answered. Sam hit his arm and he winced. Venus and I laughed.

"You guys, out now," I commanded as I pointed to the door. Neither one of them bothered advancing towards the door. Instead, Samantha took it as an invitation to sit in my desk chair.

"That's fine, your family is pretty nice," Venus complimented.

"Oh my gosh, Color is actually letting you touch him. He bites everyone except Kyle," Sammy shouted. Matt was surprised too.

I already knew she was good with animals and apparently I am too. Maybe that's why Color never tried to bite me.

"Does this mean you're dumping Monica? Because she is really annoying," Matt whined.

I slapped my forehead. "Could you guys shut up?" I yelled. I didn't want Venus to know about Monica. Monica wasn't even my girlfriend.

"You have a girlfriend?" Venus questioned, tilting her head.

"Not really, I never asked her out," I replied.

"Was she the girl with you in the forest?" she asked and I looked down as I nodded. She laughed and I looked up, confused. "If you think I'm angry, I'm not." Her melodic laugh filled the room again.

Why wasn't she mad? I didn't want her to be but shouldn't she be? Last time I was in this situation I ended up with a drink poured all over me and a slap to the face.

"You're not mad?" Matt asked, sounding confused too.

Venus shook her head. "Not in the slightest," she replied.

"Dinner's ready," mom shouted from downstairs. Venus put Color back in his tank and we all walked downstairs.