Status: completed

I Fell Hard and Fast

Chapter 5

The next morning, I awoke to Venus calling my name quietly as she laid in my arms. My eyes opened and I looked down to see her smiling at me.

She let out a small, sweet laugh. "I got to help you're mom soon," she reminded me. I looked at her with confusion written all over my face. Why did she wake me up to tell me that?

She laughed again and wiggled in my arms. I realized I was holding her to me. I pulled my arms back and she got out of the bed.

I turned over and grabbed my phone to check the time. "You guys are working on the garden at eight in the morning on a Saturday?" I asked groggily. I turned to look at her.

"I thought I would make breakfast. Since your up, want to help me?" she asked. I smiled and got out of bed.

We crept downstairs and she started raiding the kitchen. "Do you even know how to use the stove?" I asked. She turned to me slowly with the cutest, helpless face and shook her head.

"I'm going to need you're help more than I thought," she said and I laughed. "I know how to read though and this is pancake mix. All I need is water."

"I'll bake the pancakes and you can mix the water in," I ordered. She nodded and I got a bowl for her.

I took out a pan and put it on the stove.

When we finished making breakfast, we had a tall stack of pancakes, scrambled eggs, tons of bacon, and she insisted on making french toast.

My parents were the first to walk into the dining room to see the food. My dad's eyes lit up and my mom looked relieved and happy.

"Who made the breakfast?" my mom asked as she sat down at the table. My dad was already seated and attacking the pancakes.

"She woke me up," I whined, looking at a smiling Venus.

"I thought I would help out," she claimed.

"Honey, you do too much," my mom said as she piled eggs onto her plate.

Venus looked at me. "Actually your son did most of the work," she commented.

I was trying to avoid telling them that. My parents stopped moving and looked at me. "Nothing is broken right?" my dad asked.

"Burned, still lit, everything in the kitchen is turned off right?" mom questioned.

This is why I don't bother cooking. One day both of my parents were working late. Mom asked me to make dinner.

You can't go wrong with mac and cheese right? Apparently, I'm the only dumb one that can. I forgot to turn off the stove and Matt ran pass the stove.

This would be just fine if there wasn't a super skinny roll of paper towels next to the stove that ended up on top of the burning isle because of the wind.

It created a huge fire that would've burned down the house if Samantha didn't run across the street to get Tank, our neighbor. When you have a kid like me, you need a firefighter to live in the neighborhood.

In conclusion, half of the kitchen burned before Tank came in with a fire extinguisher and put it out. Tank and the rest of my family never let me forget about that.

"Mom, everything is fine," I promised. She eyed me and then looked at Venus before going back to fixing her plate. Venus and I sat down as Matt and Sam came stumbling in.

Matt obviously woke up Sammy. She looked like she could fall asleep standing up. Her eyes widen when she saw the food. "Mom, you haven't made breakfast this big in years," Sammy shouted.

They sat down and started dishing food onto their plates. "I didn't make this," mom spoke softly. Sammy and Matt stopped moving and looked at her. "Venus and Kyle made breakfast." She added emphasis to my name.

"i missed Tank this morning? What did you burn this time?" Sammy whined and Matt got up to check the kitchen.

He came back and sat down, panting. "Did a run around the kitchen. Everything is off and nothing is burned. The paper towels are far away from the stove," Matt reported and Venus laughed.

"Did he tell you the story?" Sammy asked her.

Venus shook her head. "No, but from your reactions I'm guessing it wasn't good," she chuckled at the end.

"Sweetie, he almost burned down the house," mom explained.

"Can we all just get over the past?" I tried to save myself from any more embarrassment. Everyone nodded and continued eating.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments would be helpful please
I'm dying to know what you guys think about my story