Status: completed

I Fell Hard and Fast

Chapter 8

As soon as we were in the forest, Venus took off running. I followed her as quickly as possible, trying not to lose track of her.

When she stopped, she was crouched around a fox. There was a man in front of her with his gun pointed at her. My heart beat quickened and I began to panic.

"Don't hurt her," I shouted, coming from behind the tree I was hiding behind. Coward.

The man looked at me and then at Venus. "Tell your lady that she's messing with my work. My boss wants fox fur and she will have it," the man bellowed.

Venus and the fox stared at the man with a vicious gaze. Both started growling at the same time. Normally I would find it harsh and animalistic and although one was an animal, both of them looked protective and majestic.

The man took a step back but kept his gun pointed at them. "Lady, I'm warning you to move," the man stuttered, probably shaken up by the growling.

For some reason I felt comfortable with it. I felt the need to growl to but I restrained.

"I suggest you get out of here. You are hunting on private property and if you kill and animals in this forest there will be a warrant out for your arrest," Venus stated darkly.

The guy stood in place, slowly lowering his weapon. He looked at me before running off.

The fox stopped growling and Venus rubbed the trembling animal.

She looked up at me, obviously finding confusion on my face. "She may act strong but inside she was afraid of death. Animals understand a lot more than people think," she sighed and petted the fox a bit more before standing up.

The fox stopped shaking and walked away. "Weren't you afraid? He could have killed you," I asked amazed. She showed more bravery than I have ever seen in my life.

For awhile, she stood there quietly, looking as if she were looking for the right words.

"You know all immortal things have a way of dying? Vampires with the stake through the heart or sunlight and werewolves with silver bullets? I don't die and if you choose to stay here with me, you don't either," she explained.

More shock flooded my mind as I processed what she said.

I will never die.

How amazing is that? An eternity with this amazing and gorgeous girl. "I would love to stay with you," I replied, thinking of just never going home after today. We could start our life together.

"Well I understand you have to finish high school and go to college. You don't have to come and live in the forest right now," she claimed.

She was right. My parents would be so mad if I didn't at least finish high school.

I walked towards her and held her waist in my hands. "I want to be with you as soon as possible. Now that you are in my life, I couldn't bare losing you," I spoke the truth.

We have barely each other for 24 hours but I care like crazy for her. This is what true love must feel like.

She kissed my cheek and smiled at me. "I can go where you go. The forest will always be here."

Her words were like a lullaby to me. I wanted more; I wanted her. She grabbed my wrists and stepped away from me.

"Leo," she called out. A lion appeared from the bushes. "Was everything well last night?" she asked and he nodded.

"Good, I'll be gone again tonight and I want close eyes on the foxes, bunnies, and deer. I just caught a hunter and I will not hear news of death in my arrival," she commanded, strong but sweet.

Leo nodded and left. Venus smiled at me and we started running, at lightning speed, towards the car.