Status: active

Damned If I Do Ya, Damned If I Don't

003

Damned If I Do Ya, Damned If I Don’t:
I stared at my phone, willing it to send the text message of its own accord. I could have easily sent the message myself, but I was far too busy thinking of all the things I’d been doing lately that I sorely regretted.

Always on the top of this list was my relationship with Lily. My constant thought to this predicament was: If only I could have met Lily before she had gotten married. Of course the age difference would have been a separate obstacle to overcome, but it would be nothing compared to this level of sneaking around.

Then, there was Catrina. Having spent the better part of a week away from her, I couldn’t remember what I had found so irresistible about her. Sure, she was funny and smart, but Lily had those exact same qualities in herself. I had apparently done a pretty good job convincing Zack and Rian I had liked Catrina at the bowling alley, since they kept asking me when I would grow a pair and call her.

I had put off calling Catrina until today, when Zack had told me not to bother since she was already probably heartbroken. This had my mind turn in a complete different direction. I didn’t want to hurt Catrina more than I already had. My plan was this: I would call Catrina, meet up with her, and be everything she didn’t want in a boyfriend. Simple, at least it should be.

I bit my lip, picking up my phone in one hand and the piece of notebook paper Zack had scrawled Catrina’s number on. I had to stop being such a little girl. I punched in the number quickly, before I had time to chicken out.

“Hello?” Catrina answered on the third ring.

“Hey Catrina, its Alex, from the bowling alley,” I said, my heart in my throat.

“Oh, hey Alex. What’s up?” She asked, her voice subtly taking on a more excited tone.

“I’m sorry I didn’t call sooner. School’s been…hard,” I lied pathetically, wincing as the words left my mouth, “I was wondering if you wanted to get together sometime soon?”

“Oh, sure, that sounds great,” she replied, “What day were you thinking?”

“Well I’m free Saturday if that’s good for you,” I said breezily, trying not to sound desperate.

“Alright, let’s meet at Bean’s around three?”

“Sure,” I replied after realizing she couldn’t see me nod.

I laid back on my bed, tossing my phone onto the floor behind me. I stayed there for a moment, seriously contemplating how messed up I was going to be when I got older. Before I could get into any truly depressing thoughts my phone started ringing, the vibration of the cell phone making a sick sound on the hard wood floor.

“Hello?” I asked, not bothering to check the caller ID.

“Baby, I want to see you. Now,” Lily commanded from the other side. She had this amazing way of sounding both demanding and sexy at the same time, which had me sitting up straight in bed in an instant.

“God Lil…how long do we have?” I asked, already sifting through my room for a clean pair of jeans.

“I’d say around three hours. If you can keep me busy that long.”

“I’ll be there in fifteen minutes,” I said before snapping my phone closed.

I finished getting ready quickly, eager to be with Lily again. Her body was like a drug to me, and I couldn’t go too long before I needed a quick fix. If I stayed away too long I got needy, shaky, wanting nothing but her soft touch; her sweet kiss. The thought of her alone sent a shiver through my spine, and I decided to drive to her house, since I didn’t think I could make the walk fast enough.

I heard the doorbell sound through the house, and I heard the soft patter of feet as she jogged to the door. She must have been just as impatient as I was to be together again.

It was all I could do not to tackle her. She was in a skimpy tank top and a pair of shorts that were just begging to be ripped off. I did connect our lips hungrily, supporting her weight when she jumped into my arms. God, I had missed this. It had only been six days, but those six days had been torturous. I hated not being able to accurately remember the feel of her against me, kissing me, moaning my name. Soon clothes became nothing more than an obstacle, one I was more than eager to overcome.

I pulled my boxers back on a good while later, glancing at Lily as she slept. When I was done getting dressed I went around the room gathering up her laundry, really just prolonging the time I had to be with her. I leaned down and kissed her on the cheek, and she smiled up at me, her dark eyes still cloudy with exhaustion.

“Leaving already?” Lily mumbled, her voice husky with sleep and satisfaction.

“Yeah, my time here is up. You should probably get up and at least get in the shower too,” I answered, moving some of her hair back from her face.

She groaned indignantly but got up nonetheless, giving me a proper kiss before she slipped into the bathroom. I sighed slightly as I watched the door. This woman would be the death of me. I showed myself to the door as usual, driving down the familiar streets to get in some much needed sleep.