Status: In the process of making

Falling nightmares

Chapter 9

It had been exactly a month since I had talked to Justin last and since I had been sleeping with Justin’s diary by my side, still, it was little like a personal souvenir.

Lots of girls had tried their chances on Justin and had failed. Courtney was still trying to win over Justin, but even a blind man could see she wasn’t doing well. She was too desperate and clingy.

Justin was a very anti-social guy. It was not like he didn’t have a choice. If he wanted he could get any girl he wanted and be the most popular guy and much more.

The only girl who hadn’t been all head over heels for Justin was Adrienne, the only girl who may actually had a chance with Justin. When I asked her if she liked him all she did was laugh.

“What’s so funny?” I asked taken back by the laugh.

Still laughing Adrienne said “I just never imagined –” and then she continued to laugh and fit in a snort here and there.

So I guessed she either was really not into Justin or she was being loyal to our friendship. Adrienne and I only talked in Science and French class, the only two classes we had together now that she was sitting with her other friends for lunch.

It was a student free day, which meant no school. I know I should have been happy but, I was not. Not being able to see Justin shouldn’t and couldn’t be something to be happy about.

I know what you are thinking, that Justin had been so mean to me and I still liked him so much but I couldn’t help it. It was almost like there was a magnetic pull around him and I was just getting more and more attracted to him. I still yearned for Justin to once again appear in my dreams. What I would do for him to just appear in my dreams. Now all I could do was fantasize about him at night like any other normal, mundane girl.

My sister as normal was out with her friends for a sleepover and my mum and dad had an important meeting they had to attend in Sydney. So they left me in a deserted house for the full day. I just needed a cup of tea, a book to read, and I wouldn’t complain.

I heard a knock on the door. It was probably the mail man I said to myself inside my head, but I knew there was something very wrong. I ignored my instincts that told me to run or hide.

I heard the knocking again and ignored it. I’d just pretend I’m not home and soon enough the person would go away.

The person didn’t. They kept on knocking, harder and harder as they went on. This wasn’t right. I wouldn’t open the door, besides mum had told me to not to open the door for anyone.

The knocking got unbearable. I couldn’t hear myself think straight. I got up from my bed and went down the stairs to the door even though I was still in my too mini rose, red cotton pajamas shorts, and an unmatched green tank top that rose up, so it showed a little belly. I was going to open the knob when the knocking stopped. Everything seemed so silent and peaceful.

I stepped away from the door and headed up the stairs when I heard my name being called from outside the door.

“Ciara, Ciara!” It was a male’s voice. Ian? No. Ian would never speak to me in such a careless tone.

“Open the god damn door Ciara!” Now I really got scared. I started to run as silently as I could to the kitchen to get a knife from the kitchen draw. It wasn’t a sharp knife but sharp enough that if you stroked it in someone’s heart he would surely die.

“I know you are in there Ciara, just open the door!”

I made my mind up and decided to say “Who are you?” My voice was strong but my hands were shaking and awkwardly holding the knife.

“Well if you open the door, maybe you’ll find out.” he said in an easier tone. I realized that he was teasing. He was teasing at such a time. What a psycho.

“Go away!” I shouted

“Listen Ciara!” his voice was all serious and business like now. All humor was gone from his voice.

“Either you open this door in 15 seconds or I’ll break it.” He was threatening me. I couldn’t believe it.

I held my ground “Go away.”

“15.” He started counting

“Go away.”

“10.”

“Please just go away.” I started crying.

“5.”

“No.”

“I’m coming in.”

I decided to run but my legs were frozen in place. I couldn’t even move. I still had my dagger in my right hand but my hands were frozen by my side useless.

The door crumbled down and dust spread around the room. I saw a shadowy male figure step through the dust and his eyes met mine.

“Justin?”

Justin was wearing a black see through t-shirt with black shorts with lots of pockets and buckles that came up to his knees.

“Justin,” I repeated “What are you doing here and, and why did you break my door?” I managed to say gesturing at the broken remains of what used to be a French antique door. “My parents are gonna freak, do you have any idea how much trouble I’ll be in?” Now I was mad.

“First of all you’re not gonna get in trouble because you’ll be gone before they arrive and second you’re real parents aren’t gonna be mad,” He winked at me then said “Trust me.”

“What do you mean my real parents and what do you mean by me not being here?”

“Look Ciara, we don’t have much time. I know you don’t trust me but you’ll have to trust me now.” He reached out his hand so I could place mine on his.

“Your damn right I don’t trust you.” So many questions flowed through my head. “Why are you here? And even if I trust you, trust you for what?”

I heard car tires screeching from the end of the street. I could tell Justin heard them to because he had an alarmed look on his face.

“Run,” he said. His face was expressionless.

“What?” I realized what he said after a second I said it.

“Run,” he repeated.

We heard the car tires reach outside house. Before I had any time to react Justin pulled me by my waist and half dragged, half pulled me to the basement under the stairs.

I heard lots of footsteps then heard a harsh and croaky male voice saying “Check this place. Check everything.” Then I heard something falling down and breaking. They were wrecking my whole house.

The basement was very small. It was only designed to store a coat hanger and a hiding spot for when we were younger. It’s a good thing I was not claustrophobic and that I was a tiny girl.

I was leaning on Justin’s well-built torso while Justin’s warm breath was resting on my forehead and my rapid and fast breathing was on his chest. My palms were resting on his chest and his hands were locked behind my back protectively.

My eyes were locked on his even though I couldn’t see very well in the darkness. I looked deep into his eyes for reassurance and I wasn’t disappointed, he didn’t need to say anything, or do anything but at that moment I knew I trusted him with my life.

I heard footsteps approaching us. I broke away our stare and looked to the gap under the door that shined the only light. I saw a shadow of a pair of feet.

“Justin,” I whispered pointing to the gap under the door.

“Shh,” was the only response I got from him.

Everything happened at once then. The doorknob turned and the door flung open. Then I was pushed backward with such force that I fell down and scraped my elbows and knees and banged my head on the coat hanger.

When the dizziness washed through me I saw Justin and another big, scary, black man fighting. The other black man was wearing a torn black singlet and army shorts that came up to his knees and he was clearly winning the fight.

Justin was getting smashed up badly. He was bleeding badly from his mouth and nose. More people started closing around him and ganged up bashing him.

“Stop,” said a bald man quietly but firm. Everyone obeyed, it seemed like he was the boss amongst them. Two guys were holding on to bloody Justin by his forearms. Now that everyone stopped moving I got to see a proper look at Justin. He was bloody from head to toe, and his face was painted black and blue. I started crying at the sight of him.

The bald man stepped forward so he could face Justin. He was the scariest from them all. He was massive and muscles were securing his bare arms. He grabbed Justin hair and pulled him up. “Where is she?” he said. Who were they talking about? Were they talking about me? What did they want with me? I had never been so scared in my life.

Justin opened his mouth with great struggle to say something but then closed it thinking better of it. He opened his mouth again and this time he spat at the man’s face disgustingly.

The bald man wiped his face with a handkerchief he got from his front trouser pocket.

“Kill him.” He said before leaving the opposite direction.

The men made a circle around Justin and I saw a short but masculine man, take out a knife from his leather black jacket and came towards half-dead Justin.

I knew what I had to do, god knows what would happen but if that was what I had to do to get Justin from getting killed I’d do it.

“Stop!” I yelled in my loudest voice I could manage while I was frightened to death and crying.

I came out of my hiding place and confront them. There were more men then I saw from my hiding spot inside the basement.

I broke the circle while I had the advantage of them being shocked and ran to Justin.

“Justin, Justin, Justin.” I kept on repeating his name while I cupped his bloody face in my shaky hands. With great effort Justin opened his eyes.

Before I could say anything more I was being pulled away by strong hands. I yelled at the top of my lungs until I was being shut up by a rough hand. I bit on the hand so hard that I felt blood. Somewhere behind me I heard a manly scream and when I turned around to see where the scream came from I found out it was the same guy who I just bit. He was also bold like his boss except not so well built or buffed.

I punched him in the nose twice before he staggered backwards, before I could go forward and do any more damage to his already ugly face another pair of strong hands caught me by the wrist.

I tried to struggle and scream but it did no good this time. The guy I just bashed up advanced to me and slapped me while he had the chance to. “If you ever do that again bitch I’ll personally kill you and everyone you have ever spoken to.”

“Hey,” I turned behind and saw that Justin with lots of effort was trying to break through the two men’s grasp. “If you ever touch her again I’ll personally rip you bits by bits and feed them to the swine’s.”

“Is that so?” the same guy came in between Justin and me. He raised his right hand up meaning to slap me.
♠ ♠ ♠
if u want more, comment and subscribe. Just tell me what u think, easy.
Lots of thx 2 my editor :D
xoxo