Status: Updates should be frequent if I get readers :)

My Love For You Is The Only Reason I'm Here

Prologue

I’ve never been good with waiting, in high school every time we had a test I always wanted to know my score the next day. The teachers always made us wait a week at least, or even at my birthday or Christmas the first thing I wanted to do was open presents, you could say that I was a very impatient person.

But then this sort of waiting was different all together, waiting for Christmas or birthday presents was something exciting. But this waiting was something I never thought I’d have to do this, well not so early anyway. It wasn’t the waiting that determined my career, it wasn’t the waiting that got me new clothes or new technology, but it was the waiting that would kill anyone literally. I was waiting for the doctor, I was waiting to find out whether I was going to live, I was waiting to find out whether I was dying.

I was always the healthy one, regular exercise, strict eating habits I rarely ate sweet things and yet I’m in the most dangerous position of my life, but no matter how hard we try we always tend to get stuck somewhere, and this is where I’m stuck.

“Kaylee Davis?” Dr. Michael said as he came out of his office. I stood up and greeted him with a warm smile and followed him into his office. I took a seat across from him and waited for him to start.
“Miss Davis” He said as he put his files onto his desk.
“Please call me Kaylee” I replied
“Kaylee, we have your results in from the tests that we ran last week and I’m afraid to say that it isn’t good, as we expected we found a cancerous cell on the left side of your lungs and there isn’t much we can do for you” He said as I took as much as possible in.
“Wait, what, I don’t understand, there’s nothing you can do for me, at all nothing, I just have to crawl up in a ball and die” I replied as the tears started to form in my eyes.

“I know that this is hard news to take and that you are in a very vulnerable state right now, but the risk of doing something for you is too high, if we were to try and remove the cell, there would be around a 80% chance that you won’t make it as it is right on your lungs near the heart, and that’s a risk I’m not willing to take. We can try chemo therapy which will in the long run give you an extra few months to live” He explained further.
“A few months extra, how long do I have?” I asked as I took in the information he was trying to provide for me.
“I’m making a guess of 10 months at the most, it’s a strong cell, but I do recommend the chemo, that will at least give you a year” He replied.

“Well thank you for your time, I think I might think about the chemo first and I’ll contact you when I’ve made my decision” I said on the verge of tears again I couldn’t bare to be in the room any longer as I grabbed my bag and bolted out of that place.
As soon as I reached my car I just couldn’t take it any longer, the tears just came and I couldn’t control them. I silently wept as I tried to regain some composure as I started the car and left the hospital.

Right now I wish I was still waiting, waiting for that news, but if you think about it, all of us are waiting, and my time’s just coming a lot quicker than yours.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's really short but that's the beginning of it anyway.
Hope you enjoyed it and comments are appreciated :)