Tell Me Why.

002 - The Friend

Rosie's POV

“Thanks mum.” I said smiling as I opened the car door and jumped out.

“Have a great day sweetie.” She blew me a kiss before driving off. I sighed and turned round to look at my new school. I couldn’t believe that my parents had done this to me. We had only juts moved here yesterday and I’m already going to school.

“Here we go.” I mumbled to myself as I navigated the crowds of people walking towards the door. I some how had to find the reception. How hard could it be?

I pushed my way through the doors and stood in a hallway. Everything was silent and everyone was staring at me. I laughed nervously and looked at the ground as I walked past them all. Looking at the ground wasn’t the best idea and I soon bumped into someone.

“Oh no, I’m so sorry!” I squeaked. What a great way to start the first day.

“Watch it!” The girl I bumped into yelled. She turned around and her eyes widened. “Your hair is amazing.” She said admiring my chocolate brown, shoulder length curly hair. “But it doesn’t suit that style of uniform, No, what you need is a red top and this jumper.” She pulled a blue jumped out of her bag and handed it to me. “You can keep that, I have millions that I need to get rid of.”

“Umm, Thanks.” I smiled sweetly. I was a bit confused; people sure didn’t act like this back in England, if you walked into them they would knock your head off, but maybe that was just my old school.

“You’ll look fabulous with that, all it needs is a red top under it and that blazer, oh and also some black tights, not leggings.” The girl continued to waffle. “I’m Stella by the way.”

“I’m Rosie, and as you can probably know, I’m new.” I told her. She just smiled, shut her locker and put her arm around me.

“Well I better show you to the reception then, it helps having someone there with you as the receptionist tends to ramble.” Stella began leading the way. “My friends actually just told me there was someone new in town; they said they saw you moving in.”

“Oh, I guess our secret move in wasn’t so secret.” I laughed, and surprisingly she laughed with me. “Do the people round here not ever get any action?”

“Trust me, we get a lot of action, it’s just we’re use to it.” She sighed. I raised one eyebrow and looked at her. “Please tell me you know.” She was almost begging me now. “Don’t make me have to explain to another fan girl, last time that happened my blazer sleeves got ripped clean off.”

“Ahh, of course, that band goes here, the one they had to interview me about to make sure I wasn’t just coming here because of them." I finally clicked and Stella looked relieved. “Don’t worry, I’m no fan girl, not really heard of them that much, apart from my friends always going on about them, never paid much attention, it’s a shame that when I told them I was leaving they told me to never ever call them again.”

“Ha-ha, well that’s ok; you’ll make plenty of new friends here, maybe even become friends with the band.” Stella giggled; she then looked over my shoulder at someone and gave them evil eyes. “Hey, meet me a dinner and I’ll introduce you to them.”

“Ok.” I smiled and with that she walked off. I looked around; she never actually showed me the way to the reception.