Homecoming

Chapter 17: Epilogue

Chapter 17: Epilogue: 2 years later

Dani couldn’t believe two years had passed. She was now sitting holding Denver, who was now two years old, watching the guys record a few of their new songs. Hopefully they would turn into a new album.
For her birthday Tre had bought Denver her first set of drumsticks. She was now holding one in her little fist and flailing her arms around. Suddenly her arm went back and whacked Dani in the head.
“Owww, Skye girl, be careful. Why don’t you watch Daddy?” Dani said pointing at Tre sitting behind his drum set.

As soon as Dani said daddy Denver got a huge toothy grin on her little face and put her hands on the glass in front of her. She dropped the drumstick but at the moment her focus was on her daddy. After an hour of recording the guys decided to take a break. Tre walked out of the booth and over to Dani giving her a kiss and picking up Denver, who was putting her hands up, and gave her a kiss.
“How’s my girls?”
“We’re doing good Daddy.” Dani didn’t think her life could get any better. Looking around she could see her friends and family all around her. Megan and Derek had got married only 3 weeks earlier and were in the lovey dovey stage. It made her sick sometimes. Mike and Stacey were still together but the were just happy being together for the moment no plans for anything. Frankie was with his mother but he, now being eight, took the role of big brother very seriously. Dani knew that after all she had been through she was finally home.