Status: This is all real stuff that happened to me my sophomore year, I just changed the names.

What Could Have Been is No Longer

Chapter 3

Serenity woke the next day feeling completely confident. Checking her phone, she smiled at Daniel’s name, but was taken back by Jack’s name. She looked at Jack’s first.

“Hey, it’s me. You’re probably wondering why I’m texting you, but I need to talk to you later. Give me a call?”

Shrugging, she looked at Daniel’s text.

“Hey. Um… I slept on it. Call me.”

Having mixed feelings of “is it good?” or “is it bad?” she called Daniel.

“Hello?” He answered.

“So, your answer?” She asked, hopeful.

“I can’t. I love Sarah too much to hurt her this bad.”

Serenity fell to her knees and held her stomach. She felt the need to cry, scream, and throw up all at the same time.

“So you leave her, tell me you want me, and then you don’t want me anymore? What the hell is your problem?”

“Look… I’m sorry, but I love Sarah. I mean really and truly. I shouldn’t have even thought to have you when I had her.”

Another pang of sadness waved through her. “You’re an ass. Don’t talk to me ever again.”

I hung up and called Jack.

“Hello?” He answered in a groggy voice.

“Hey, it’s me. You wanted me to call, so I’m calling.” She replied, trying not to cry.

“Yeah, I wanted to – What’s wrong?” He asked, stopping himself.

“I had a really shitty weekend. I dump Sam; I get double crossed by Daniel. You’re the only person I can look up to right now.”

“Well, that’s kind of why I wanted to talk to you. I know I hurt you. I hurt you bad, and I realize this now, but I was wondering…” He trailed off.

“Wondering…?”

“…If you would take me back.”

Serenity jumped and looked at her phone. “Are you sure this isn’t some kind of prank?”

“Serenity, this is no joke. I was looking at your MySpace pictures last night and I had this feeling of regret and I realized right then and there that I missed you and I shouldn’t have let you go in the first place.

Serenity’s eyes began forming tears. They were mixed tears of happiness, and betrayal at the same time. What could she say? The man she loved was asking for another chance.

“Y-yes, I will take you back.” She smiled, wiping the tears from her eyes.

“You mean it?” He asked, surprised.

“Yes, because I’ve come to realize that no one else in life can make me happy besides you. I love you, Jack.”

“I love you, too, Serenity.”

From then on, all was right again and everything was put back into its own place.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, it's short.
I'm sorry, but that is how it ended.
If you've read, thank you for reading.
Comments please! -^_^-