Indiscernable Games

6

I ran from the building again as soon as the last bell sounded.

‘Hey Ivory,’ I heard a cry. ‘Wait up.’ I turned around sheepishly.

‘You don’t wanna walk home with me?’ he said pulling a sad face, his fake puppy dog eyes gazing down on me.

‘Oh no,’ I laughed. ‘I just thought you wouldn’t want to… because of earlier….. you know this morning. And plus I needed to get out before….. people could you know…. Tease?’

‘What?’ he said and he touched my shoulder. ‘Don’t be silly. I don’t care what people think and either should you.’

I smiled gratefully at him.

It was so easy to talk to him that I started to open up a bit, little by little. Soon, I had told him my life story. Everything about Laura and Jason. About my Dad passing away. He had been so understanding. When we arrived home I was embaressed.

‘Sorry,’ I laughed. ‘I was talking way to much.’

He shrugged.

‘I like when you talk,’ He said. ‘See you tomorrow morning yeah?’

I nodded and smiled. He beamed back before turning and strolling up to his house. I gazed dreamily after him before crossing the road to my house. It was the first day in ages that I had come home from school not feeling like shit. However, this feeling didn’t last long when I realised what day it was.

It was Tuesday. The day I visited Dr. Brown.