You're The Closest To Heaven I'll Ever Be

We'll do lunch?

THE POINT OF VIEW HAS BEEN CHANGED TO ROXY’S!

Connor and I strolled out of the club laughing our heads of remembering all the good times we had in the past before he left for Italy. We were really close in high school. Olivia was even dating him for a little while freshmen into sophomore year but then she broke it off for her long time boyfriend Jack. Not All Time Low Jack of course. It was after they broke up that Connor and I began getting closer and closer but never made it to a relationship because…well I don’t really know why. Maybe because I was a huge flirt? But that was high school.

(Flashback) **“Guys I have news.” Connor said as we sat in his living room. He had called us over for what I believe to be this news.

“Good or bad?” I asked with a bit of hesitance. I knew there was a good chance of bad. Everyone was splitting since we graduated. Connor paused.

“That means bad.” Olivia said looking down a bit. Connor still didn’t say anything.

“Just tell us, this is only making it worse.” I said trying to get something out of Connor.

“I am leaving for Italy. My grandparents offered me a huge opportunity there and I don’t think I can pass it down.” Connor rushed out, not making eye contact.

The next thing you know, Connor’s best friends Shaun and Eric are with Olivia and I saying good-bye to Connor as he boarded his plane for his Italian adventure. **

That was the last time I had seen, or even heard anything from Connor. Now seeing him after three years away from the lovely small town we grew up in was, well, I don’t really know. But I think it’s good?

“So what are you doing in Baltimore?”

“Well…” Connor hesitated and I glanced at him with a questioning expression. “You want to know the real answer or the answer I was going to give you?” Connor said with a slight hint of laughter in his voice.

“Obviously the real answer Connor. I haven’t changed that much since you saw me last.” I said with a chuckle.

“Well I came to see you and Olivia.” I stopped in place. Why? “Shaun told me that he had heard you two moved here after I left and I honestly missed my best friends. I guess I just need to see you. Make sure you were still alive Roxy because we all know how clumsy you are.” He said with a smile. I continued walking with him not really knowing how to reply. Before I knew it we were almost at my car. “Whoa look at this hot ride!” Connor said pointing to my car and stopping right behind it. He was admiring a lovely black Range Rover with black interior and black rims that he didn’t even know was mine. I took out my keys and the Range Rover started up. New feature. His jaw dropped. “No!”

“Oh yes. This is my newest baby.” I giggled.

“Well before I leave, I am taking it for a spin.”

“Sounds good to me. Why don’t you pass by whenever you are free tomorrow afternoon and we can do like lunch or something?”

“Alright. Just text me your address.”

“Your number hasn’t changed right?”

“Nope.”

“Cool. I’ll see you tomorrow then Connor.” I said with a huge smile as I hopped into my car.

“See ya.” I heard him say as I shut my door.

When I got home I was surprised to see Olivia sitting on the couch watching late night episodes of Family Guy.

“What are you doing home?” I asked as I threw my keys on the table, slipped off my shoes and plopped down next to her on the couch.

“The boys came over and said there was a major top secret emergency so I just left.” She said with a laugh. “And when I got home I was surprised to not see you and Jack making out.”

“Yeah, Jack and I are kind of over now, doing the friends thing. So single Roxy went clubbing.” I stated proudly. “And you won’t believe who I saw when I got there!”

“Who?”

“Connor!”

“What!? I thought he was in Italy?”

“So did I. But he isn’t. He is in Baltimore. At least for now.”
“For how long?”

“I forgot to ask but I am having lunch with him tomorrow so I will ask then.” I could see by the surprised and almost slightly hurt look on Olivia’s face that she wasn’t too excited about my little lunch date with our old bestie tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah. Random. Totally short as usual. Crap as usual. I was bored so I decided to update this. haha. Comment if you think I should try to bring it back.