Hitokiri, Aijou

Twelve.

“Hai! Long live Emperor Sakurai!” their voices boomed, Sie grabbed Ohno-kun and kissed him as if her life depended from it, and as I thought about it, it did, this might be the last time any of us saw each other alive, as much as I hated the thought of that I knew it was a possibility.

Mayu walked up to me, I looked at her, her eyes were sad but at the same time strong, her soft lips met mine, I didn’t care if she stained me with blood, because as long as I was with her, I was fine.

“Aishiteru…zutto…zutto, aishiteru…” I breathed.

“And I you.” She whispered back, she moved away, and I turned my head, Jun-kun and Nino were also kissing, they separated and smiled. I smiled at them too, for some reason their relationship felt pure.

“Let us out Toshi.” Sie said gently, he gave a nod, and suddenly they were gone.

“Kurayami, tenchikaimei, seisatsuyodatsu, atashi shinigami desu!” I heard Sie’s raw voice before I felt the chill. “Flow.” She commanded. I knew it deep in my heart, the screams were something I would never forget.

Time slowed down. My world slipped out of my grasp once again.

“Do you always faint when something scary happens?” I opened my eyes to Jun-kun’s face looming over mine, I blinked and sat up there was nothing outside the orb now. I turned and saw Ohno-kun, my eyes widened.

He was sweating profusely, there was a bang outside the orb and Ohno-kun shook almost as if the hit had landed on him. The person outside banged again, I knew just looking at him that he was not friendly.

“They seem to be preoccupied, Emperor allow me fight to defend you.” Jun-kun was bowing, Sho-chan nodded.

“Go my warrior bring me back their heads.” Sho’s voice had stopped shaking, it was almost as if he’d shut himself down from the whole situation.

Time had slowed again.

Jun hadn’t come back, and Ohno-kun was looking weaker and weaker. Fanning him didn’t seem to be working anymore.

“Should we run, find another place to set the orb up?” Sho asked, Ohno-kun looked at him.

“It’s better if we stay in the same place right?” Ohno-kun replied swallowing hard.

“But if we let you rest for a while, then you won’t feel like this right?” I said, he smiled, and gave a small nod.

“But I’m fine, it’s okay.” He rasped.

“But you aren’t!” Sho said, he was getting frustrated, “It’s better if we run for a bit is it not? Right now no one is outside, and if anyone gets anywhere near us, they’ll protect us right?” Ohno-kun swallowed again and nodded.

“If it’s what my emperor wishes, then it shall be granted.” Sho-chan nodded at that.

Time sped up.

We were running now, Ohno-kun was fighting, but he was getting weaker by the second. I was standing in front of Sho, a dagger ready in my hand, if anyone got too close I would kill them. So far there was no blood on my hands.

“Doumo!” I turned it was Jun-kun’s voice, I smiled tears prickling my eyes from the happiness and relief I felt inside.

“Yo!” I turned and saw Nino, he had Ohno-kun’s arm around his neck and he had his arm around Ohno-kun’s waist, before he gently set him down next to me.

“About time you guys show up, I was getting very tired you know.” Ohno-kun said, a smile on his face, they boys smiled.

“We got preoccupied.” Nino said with a smirk, “Emperor how are you?” he asked looking at Sho.

“I am well, now where are the other two?” Sho asked, “And the rest of your fighters?”

“There are many casualties, of course many of the kohai were not trained for this type of battle, many of the dead are ours, but there is also a giant dent in their numbers.” Nino said his expression serious, Sho nodded, his expression grim, “I do not know of my cousins, but I can feel them, they are fine, they are still fight-” Nino stopped talking, and darted away, Jun-kun moved in front of us, there were coming weren’t they, our killers were approaching.

Time slowed down.

My eyes widened, Jun-kun was falling forward his eyes were rolling backwards as they fluttered shut for the last time. His full lips parted as his last breath escaped in a grunt and sigh, there was a stain on his chest, looking remarkably like a heart exploding. Then he landed on the ground soundlessly looking as if he was taking a summer nap, tears prickled at me.

“No!” I heard a roar, I turned, Nino’s crazed look made the tears run down my cheeks. I recognized that look, all it was missing was golden eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aishiteru…zutto…zutto, aishiteru = I love you, always, always, I love you.

Doumo = Hello