Status: about 4 chapters to go.... Enjoy!!!! Oh and we heart feedback. a lot.

You Rock Like Escape The Fate

A New Band?

"Liesl come look at this band I found," I called out to my best friend.

"Just a second," she yelled back from where she was finding something to eat.

"Okay."

I had just looked up a band that I had heard some kids talking about called Escape the Fate and they were really good. Not to mention the fact that the bassist and singer were really hot.

A minute later Liesl came into the room carrying a sandwich.

"What is it?" she asked.

"It's this band that I just listened to for the first time," I told her.

"What's the name of it?"

"Escape the Fate. Here, this is their video for their song Not Good Enough for Truth in Cliche."

I clicked on the video and moved so that Liesl could see the computer.

She looked amazed.

"Wow. Okay that's just awesome," she said with wide eyes.

"That's the only one I've heard so far," I told her.

I clicked on another video called The Flood.

"Wait a second. That's a different guy," I said, slightly confused.

"You're right. Google them. See what's up," Liesl said.

I did it. According to wikipedia the band got a new singer because the old one went to jail and they couldn't tour or anything.

"Hmm.... I like the old singer better," I commented.

"Eh I kind of like the new guy better," she said.

"Oh well. They're both awesome."

I shut off the computer and pushed my chair back.

"So what are we going to do today?" I asked.

"Work," Liesl suggested.

I groaned. "Ugh I forgot about that. You know the only good thing about work is money. Other than that it's worthless."

"Yeah well you need money so get up and let's go."

"Fine. But we're going to stop somewhere so I can get a monster."

"Sure thing." Liesl pulled me out of the chair and dragged me out to the car.

"Okay, okay I know how to walk you know," I reminded her.

She rolled her eyes at me but smiled and stopped dragging me.

I've been friends with Liesl ever since the first day of kindergarten when she was nice enough to sit with me. I remember I was crying a lot because I hadn't wanted to go but my parents made me and she brought me Kleenex and cookie.


"Here ya go," she said as she handed me the tissue and cookie.

I smiled at her through my tears and accepted it.

"Thank you," I said quietly.

"You're welcome. Feeling better?" she asked.

I nodded.


We've been friends ever since then.

We stopped at a gas station as soon as we left and then we were on our way.

"Mmmmm monster," I said as I opened the can.

Liesl shook her head. "You know if you drink too much of those you can get a heart attack or something."

"Yeah, well if you do your mom too much you can get a heart attack." I smirked.

"Really? Is she that good?" she asked.

"Oh well I don't know personally but the other day I heard your parents through the walls and wow," I joked.

She grinned as she pulled into the parking lot of my job to drop me off.

"Off you go now dearie," she said as if she was an old woman.

I just shook my head and laughed at her before climbing out of the car and into the mall.

I sold stuff at Spencer's for a living. It was kind of boring to just stand around, fix displays, and help people out but the pay was decent and I got a discount on everything so it made up for everything.

"You know what I need to buy?" I asked John, a guy I worked with.

"More clothes?" he questioned sarcastically.

"Naw. There's this CD from a band that I just started listening to," I looked at him pleadingly.

He sighed. "Give me the money and I'll get it for you."

"Thanks. They have two albums I think so just get me both." I gave him the money and he walked off in search of my Cd's.
♠ ♠ ♠
ello peoples :) first chapter of our new story. kind of a slow start but it'll get better soon! :)
now it's molly's turn