Status: about 4 chapters to go.... Enjoy!!!! Oh and we heart feedback. a lot.

You Rock Like Escape The Fate

What it Might Look Like to People Passing By

Ronnie grabbed my hand and pulled me along as we left the house.

“Ronnie, where are we going?” I asked, laughing.

“I don’t know. I’m just tired of being cooped up in there and I wanted to talk to you,” he said as he swung our hands between us.

“Okay then. What do you want to talk about?”

“Well, first, where did you get that ring you’re always wearing?”

I bit my lip and contemplated telling him. I decided against it though because I hadn’t told Liesl yet.

“Secret.”

“Aww come on! I wanna know,” he whined.

He even added a pout to add to the effect but I just laughed at him.

“I’ll tell you eventually. You just have to wait until I’m ready to tell Jess.”

“Okay, I can do that. But you have to promise that you’ll tell me.”

“Don’t worry, Bean Stalk, I promise.” I smirked.

“Bean Stalk? Is this going to turn into some type of teasing thing?”

“Yeah if you’re going to keep making fun of how short I am.”

“Or we could do it this way. I call you short and you don’t get to call me Bean Stalk.”

“What? No way, Bean Stalk!”

“Well then I guess I’m going to have to unleash the Tickle Monster!”

“Ahhhhhhh!” I screeched as I ran away.

I giggled slightly as I ran and hid behind a tree. Ronnie caught up quickly and I screamed and laughed at the same time.

I ran away again right before he could grab me though and I hid behind a bigger tree, this time staying quiet. I heard him calling my name and I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing. Suddenly he tackled me from the side, scaring me and knocking me over.

I started laughing extremely hard when he finally started tickling me.

“R-R-Ronnieeeeeeee!!!!” I whined.

“What do you say?” he asked teasingly.

“P-please?”

“Nope.”

“Ugh fine I’ll say it! Ronnie Radke is a sexy beast and I won’t call him Bean Stalk anymore!” I gasped between laughs.

“That’s better. Okay, the Tickle Monster is gone.”

He stopped tickling me but he was still on top of me.

“Ronnie, you’re crushing me!”

“Are you calling me fat?” he asked, feigning hurt.

“Maybe.” I smirked.

“You know the Tickle Monster could always come back.”

“Oh… Er… Umm…. Never mind that then.”

“That’s what I thought.”

“Could you get off me anyway?”

“Nah, I don’t think I will.”

I pouted at him but all he did was smirk.

“What do you want buttface?” I asked.

“Buttface? What are you? 5?”

“Well, luckily for you I’m not 5, I’m 20 something.”

“20 something?”

I grinned sheepishly and shrugged.

“Can I try something?”

He was still on top of me when he asked this.

“It depends. Are you going to get off of me?”

“Not unless you let me try this.”

I rolled my eyes. “Fine.”

He looked at me, searching my face for some kind of reassurance. It seemed like he thought that if he did whatever it was that he wanted to do, I would hit him.

“Just do it, Ronnie. You’ll never know how it would have worked out if you didn’t try. I won’t hit you, promise.”

He smiled and nodded to himself before leaning down and kissing me. Instead of pushing him away I pulled him closer. Soon though, I realized our position and what it might look like if someone passed by. I pushed Ronnie away and sat up.

“Why’d we stop?” he asked, clearly confused and probably thinking that I was rejecting him.

“Because we were kissing and we were laying on the ground. Do you realize what people would think we were doing if they passed us?”

His eyes lit up as he realized what I was saying and he grinned.

“I have no problem with people thinking that.”

I slapped him upside the head playfully.

“Fine, fine whatever.”

I laughed softly. “So what do you want to do now? We can either sit here for a while or we can go back.”

“Let’s just stay here for a while. Watch the squirrels and stuff.”

“Okay.”

He pulled me onto his lap, letting me get settled, and wrapped his arms around me.

“It’s pretty out here,” he commented as some plants blew in the breeze.

“Yeah, it is.”

We sat there like that, just looking at everything and talking, for a little over an hour before we finally decided to head back.

On the way to the house we saw a wolf. I had been walking behind Ronnie and he put his arm out in front of me. I was about to ask why he had stopped when I looked ahead of us. My eyes widened and I held on to his arm.

“Will it attack?” I whispered.

“Not if we go slowly and don’t scare it.”

I nodded and tentatively followed him. We passed by the wolf without any disturbances but once we were out of its sight, I took off in a run, pulling Ronnie along behind me.

“Why are we running?” he asked.

“Because I’m hungry.”

He laughed. “When are you not hungry?”

“Never!” I laughed and kept running.

Soon though, I ran out of breath and flopped on the ground.

“You okay, Hayls?”

I smiled at the new nickname.

“Yup. Let’s just say I haven’t exercised in months so running probably isn’t the smartest thing for me to do unless I’m just messing around for a little bit.”

“Oh. Hey! Do you want a piggy back ride?”

“Really?”

He nodded.

“Yay!”

He bent down so that I could hop on to his back and when I did he held on to my legs and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Are you sure you can carry me so far?”

“Absolutely. I lifted weights a whole bunch while I was still in jail.”

“Ah. Are you positive?”

“Yup.”

I gasped. “You’re positive? Like pregnancy positive or HIV positive?”

“No you dork! You know what I mean.”

I smirked. “No I don’t. Why don’t you explain.”

He sighed. “Do you really want to bug me while I’m carrying you?”

“Oh. I guess you have a point there.”

“I tend to have points you know.”

“Really? Do you have periods too?”

“It depends on if I’m writing.”

“Oh, so you only have periods when you write?”

“Yeah. Wait—NO!”

I giggled and held on to his neck tighter so that he wouldn’t drop me. He grunted and tossed me lightly to adjust me.

I pointed. “There’s the house.”

“Do you think you could walk from here?”

“Yup.”

He bent down and let go of my thighs so that I could climb off. I started running to the house, only looking back once to gesture for him to follow.

I saw Liesl on the couch and I jumped on her lap. Her eyes were wide open. Apparently I had scared her.

“Jessie, do we have any cake?” I asked innocently.

“Cake? No. But we do have get the heck off of me!” she exclaimed as she shoved me on to the floor.

I pouted. “You’re mean. Ronnie? Can you make me a cake?”

He sighed. “You know, it’s no fair when you make that face.”

“I know,” I said, smiling.

When Ronnie went into the kitchen to make the cake I turned to my friend.

“So what did you find out about that kid?” I asked.

She looked around and held her finger to her lips.

“I’ll tell you in our room.”

We went up to our room where she told me about the hit and run.

“If he even thinks about trying to do that to the guys I’ll murder him slowly and painfully. I’ll start while he’s asleep and hurt him so he’ll wake up,” I said menacingly.

“Whoa, Hayley, turn down the violence level.”

“Sorry. It just gets to me that somebody could hurt someone for absolutely no reason. I mean, I just said what I said but that’s only because I would be doing it to help the guys. Whatever reason made him kill that guy and whatever is making him want to kill these guys is probably something really dumb like they didn’t listen to him or something.”

“Yeah, same here.”

I sighed. “I guess we should go downstairs before Ronnie burns the place down.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

She opened the door and I smiled.

“Did I mention that Ronnie called me by a nickname?”

“Aww that’s cute.”

I smiled dreamily causing her to smirk.

“What else happened?”

I blushed. “We kissed. And then we sat and watched squirrels play.”

“How sweet. Me and Craig kissed too,” she said nonchalantly.

It was my turn to smirk this time.

“How was it?”

“Eh. It was okay. No sparks or anything. I think he’s hot and he thinks I’m pretty but I guess we were meant to be more like friends than anything else.”

“Oh. Well, at least you guys tried, right?”

“Right.”

“There’s one more thing.”

“Yeah? What is it?”

“I’m not going to tell you exactly what it is right now, but it’s about the ring and my moodiness.”

Her eyes widened. “Okay then.”

“It’s just that Ronnie asked about it and I told him that I wasn’t going to tell him until I told you. I’m not exactly ready yet, but soon.”

“Okay, well whenever you’re ready just tell me.”

“I will, Jessie.”

“Okay, now let’s go see how Ronnie’s doing with that cake!”

We took off racing to see who could get to the kitchen first.
♠ ♠ ♠
Stallion_Duck- eventually :p

lol i only know about that because of this food class that i took last semester xD

hmm possibly. i've just been spelling it the way i remember it in the private message thing from forever ago. i've just been spelling it this way because i thought that the e and the i were flipped from the way they are in leila.

he wow you did have a long author's note xD

i'm watching jackass :D i love this show!!!