Status: about 4 chapters to go.... Enjoy!!!! Oh and we heart feedback. a lot.

You Rock Like Escape The Fate

You Better Be Married With Kids

“I need you to understand this, I really do. I hate you, Monte,” I choked out, my body shaking as I searched his eyes for understanding. And I found it. He knew, he knew I had to do this… I made one last prayer and squeezed my eyes shut, my finger poised on the trigger, and one phrase repeating in my head.

I hate you, Monte…


It was like time had stopped. Nothing made sense to me anymore. This was what was happening, and there was nothing I could do about it. I was so afraid of pulling that trigger, I’d only done it with cardboard targets my Uncle Ben had set up in the woods. I wasn’t ready to shoot him yet. I could feel the sweat beading on my forehead and every shaky breath I drew in was just another moment to stall. But there were reasons behind it… Jason was right. I hated him. I hated Monte with a passion. He meant nothing to me; he wasn’t someone I could love. He hurt me; he made me feel like I had to work to be good enough for him. Maybe he never meant to be that person, but now I knew the real person beneath the layers of anger; now I knew that Monte was simply a cover, for Bryan. And one thing I knew above all else…

I hate Monte… But I love Bryan.

That sound, the sound of a bullet traveling through the air at insane speeds… It all went in slow motion. Jason screamed in pain as the bullet went straight through his shoulder, his scream acting as the ignition for everyone to start the fight.

“Go!” I yelled to Bambi, who grabbed Leila and ran outside. Bryan smashed the bodyguard behind him in his happy place with his shoulder, rolling onto his back under him and adding a kick to the pain. The guard cried out and fell to his knees, and I threw the gun to Hayley, who apparently knew how to use one. Craig was kicking the guard that’d been holding Bryan down, who was now rolling around holding himself and whimpering. Ronnie was currently being untied by Hayley as Max and Robert were ‘taking care of’ the guard that’d had Ronnie down. Shannon and Daisy were holding down Jason as he gripped his bleeding arm. I pulled Bryan back and started untying the knots holding him in place. I stopped for a second as he rested his head back against my shoulder and closed his eyes.

“Good job,” I said, smiling down at him as my heart raced. He slowly opened his eyes and as we sat there, looking into each other’s eyes; the chaos around us didn’t seem to matter.

“Thanks…” he replied with that amazing smile. “You were uhh.. pretty sneaky there,”

“Yeah,” I laughed.

“Are you seriously laughing!? Liesl, we need help, you know!” Daisy yelled at me. I looked up and cleared my throat, fixing myself under Bryan and finishing untying the ropes around his wrists. He stood up and Ronnie stood next to him, and we looked around, surveying the room. Two bodyguards lay on the floor, bloody and being tied up by Max, Robert, and Craig. Ronnie and Bryan stood in the middle of the room next to me and Hayley, catching their breath and calming down. Jason lay with his back against the couch, clutching his heavily bleeding shoulder in pain and Daisy and Shannon holding him back just in case. Within a few minutes, sirens could be heard. Jason laid his head back tiredly and accepted his defeat, the blue and red lights soon arriving at the cabin. Bambi showed the officers she’d called in for into the house and pointed to the three men on the floor.

“…uhh…put your hands up…” the officer in the front said awkwardly, making as if to point the gun at the men, but stopping. His partner raised an eyebrow at us, shaking his head as they came up to pick the pitiful men up and help them to the police cars. There was an ambulance, so Jason was taken to it on a stretcher. I sighed and flopped down on the couch as the officer talked to each of the guys and girls about what’d happened. After the officers had left, we all sat on the sofas and tried to let the last few hours sink in. It was quiet, so I opened my eyes and looked around. Hayley was staring at me like I’d burnt down an old persons’ home without helping the old people out of the building first. It didn’t take me long to realize everyone else was staring at me, too.

“What…?” I asked with a shrug of my shoulders. They looked to Bryan, who was sitting next to me, and then back to me. Almost in sync.

“We all thought you were going to kill him! That’s what!” Hayley exclaimed. I narrowed my eyes at her and shook my head.

“No, dude. You seriously think I would do that?”

“Well… You were pretty convincing, Lee,” Ronnie muttered.

“That was sorta the point,”

“And you! How did you know she wasn’t gonna do it!?” Daisy asked Bryan incredulously. He looked over at me and smiled, before turning to them to answer.

“She called me Monte,”

$$$$$$--~~--~~-2 weeks later-~~--~~$$$$$$$

“I love you, my dear best friend,” Hayley said dramatically as we stood outside of the FallingInReverse bus. I sighed and nodded, smiling at her as best I could. “…You should call him, you know,”

“I can’t do that, Willy. He has a life to live, it was just a… I don’t know… weak moment for him,”

“Come on now, Jess, I know you’re not that stupid. When I come back, you two better be married with kids,”

“Hey! I hope you know I can’t date him, marry him, have sex with him, AND have his baby all in the course of five months!”

“You can, cuz you’re just cool like that,” she said. She opened her arms for a hug and I took the offer, squeezing her as tight as I could. She was leaving for tour with Ronnie for five months, and boy, was I gonna miss my best friend. We’d only been back in Vegas for a week, and she was already leaving again. My phone starting playing the guitar solo to The Guillotine and she groaned, pulling back. “You and your phone calls,”

“Hello?”

“Hi, Ms. James?”

“Yeah, hi Ms. Jenson, have you found a buyer yet?” I asked my real estate agent anxiously.

“I found a potential buyer, hun, he isn’t gonna buy the place yet,” she chuckled a little at me. “He says he really wants to be shown the place by the owner, rather than an agent that knows nothing about the house…so you’re going to have to come up here to show him around and answer his questions,”

“He actually said that to you? Jerk, much?”

“No, but he didn’t really have to,” she sighed.

“Hayley! We’re leavin in five!” Nasty called from the bus. She turned and nodded at him, then looked to me.

“Okay, well, I’ll pack up and fly out as soon as I can. When is the appointment?”

“Uh… Saturday at… 3. Yep, 3pm on Saturday afternoon,” she said.

“Alright, I’ll call you when I land. Thanks a lot,” I told her.

“Of course, hun,” she replied, before saying goodbye and hanging up. I wrapped Hayley in another hug before saying our farewells.

“Married with kids!!” she called over her shoulder as she stepped onto the bus. I smiled and rolled my eyes, waving all the way until the bus was completely out of sight. Off to pack for the weekend, I thought, heading back to my car.

~~$$~~

I drove up to the cabin, pulling the keys out of the ignition. I sat in the seat for a few minutes, sighing and letting my jetlagged brain relax after the five hour plane ride. It was 2:45, but the ‘potential buyer’s car was already parked in front of the house. I made sure I looked alright in the mirror before stepping out and locking the car.

“3pm on Saturday afternoon… Oh fun. I hope it isn’t some old, smelly guy…” I muttered to myself as I unlocked the front door. Opening the door, I looked into the front room and didn’t see a soul. I raised an eyebrow as I shut the door behind me.

“Ah ha! I found it!” A voice cried in victory. A voice I knew.

“…hello?” I called into the house. I heard footsteps in the kitchen, and before I knew it, a blonde head of hair poked out from the kitchen doorway. I felt my heart jump into my throat as Bryan smiled at me, coming out of the kitchen all the way and shrugging at me. I squealed and ran towards him, seeing him open his arms for me as I jumped at him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He picked me up and spun me around, laughing with me as I squeezed him closer to me. “How did you do this!?” I asked, pulling back to look into his amazing brown eyes.

“I told you, I love this cabin, and I love the woods, and I…I love you,” he said, mumbling the last part. But I heard it. My mouth dropped open a little as I smiled and pressed my lips to his.

“You didn’t tell me that before…” I whispered against his lips.

“Well you know now,” he replied, kissing me ever so lightly.

“I love you too, Bryan,”

“Ow! Max, can you not run into me, please!” I heard Daisy’s voice exclaim from the stairs. Bryan set me down on my feet as Max and Daisy tumbled off the stairs, Craig, Bambi, Leila, Robert, and Shannon all talking from behind them.

A ginormous smile spread onto my face as I looked at all of them, Bryan’s arm finding its way around my waist.

“Welcome home, Lee!” Craig said, sharing the smile with everyone around him.

He was right. I really was home..
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, guys, there you have it! What did you think? Did Liesl have you with the whole, gun-to-bryan’s-head thing? XD

Thank you so much for the comments! <333 Only ONE chapter left, although this is the actual ending. The next chapter will be an epilogue/sequel teaser. Kaylan and I are still deciding on whether we’ll be doing a sequel to this… let us know? Sequel or no sequel? =]]

THANK YOU GUYS SO SO SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!! This story has been so much fun to write, and its been amazing writing with such an EPIC co-writer! =]

Go read our other stories, you guys? Thanks <3

Have a great evening, and watch the ThisWarIsOurs Deluxe dvd, get it if you don’t have it. ITS AMAZING. <3

Just thought I’d do one last far-too-long author’s note for this story. It’s actually hard to end… I’m a little sad. =\

We love you all, you amazing readers, you!

Molly Mental =]]