Blizzard Blackout

Live Like Your Dying

Val walked over, pulled Zacky into her arms as he started to cry. I couldn’t breathe anymore, it was too much to take but I wouldn’t let them take him away. “Don’t touch him,” I told Samantha when she tried to grab him. She said she needed to keep him warm. “Hand me the blanket and I’ll do it. You will not take him from me.”

“Alright,” she whispered and handed it over, helping me wrap him up. “I’m so sorry.”

“What happened?” I whispered cuddling my son to my chest, he was still alive but he was weak, probably ready to give out at any moment’s time. “Why is he dying?”

“I don’t know honey, it just happens sometimes,” Dean answered as he walked out. He didn’t want to be in there any longer.

“Its okay, we’ll make it,” I whispered staring down at my son. “You’ll make it, for mommy won’t you?”

Knock, Knock, Knock

“Go get it,” I waved Dan off towards the door as I fed my daughter, Kalia her baby cereal. “Mommy said you have to eat these to grow big and strong.”

“Hey,” Brian stood in the doorway behind Dan; Dan walked over winked and took the bowl from me so I could stand. “How have you been?”

“It’s been awhile,” I murmured walking over to him. I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “A year to be exact, what happened?”

“After tour, I decided to go on vacation,” Brian explain clearing his throat. “I needed some time to think, I’m sorry if I worried anyone.”

“I figured it was something like that,” I shrugged my shoulders. “That’s Kalia, you remember her?”

“When she was still in your stomach, she’s beautiful,” he looked over my shoulder and smiled at her, he walked over to her and picked her up. He smiled and kissed her cheek, she giggled and he handed her back to Dan. “Looks just like you.”

“I think she looks like her daddy,” I chuckled and nodded towards the door. “Come on, I’ll help you.”

“He’s going to hate me,” Brian bit his lip but followed me anyhow, up the stairs of my two stories home. “I haven’t seen him in a year.”

“Its okay, he doesn’t hold grudges, he’s five,” I told him as I opened the bedroom door and walked in, towards the bed in the corner. “Baby doll, its morning. Guess whose here?”

“Hm,” his morning grunt sounded exactly like someone else’s that I knew, I even glanced up to smirk at him. “Go way mama.”

“Trystan, daddy’s here,” I whispered to him and watched as his head popped up and he looked around confused, when he seen Brian he smiled.

“Daddy,” he whispered and held his arms out. Brian picked him up and kissed him on the nose.

“I missed you little man,” Brian sat him down in his chair and looked up at me. “So I’m guessing, you’re mad?”

“I was at first,” I told him softly. “My husband leaves, doesn’t tell me where he’s going while I’m still pregnant with his second child and then he comes back a year later. I’m not mad Brian, I’m done.”

“What?” he whispered standing up. “What do you mean?”

“I gave you a second chance and you screwed that one up too. I’m allowing you to see the kids whenever you want, but all your things are in an apartment I’ve been paying for across from Zacky’s loft. I’m staying here, with my kids, I don’t need you.”

“Are you serious?” he asked, shocked with wide eyes.

“Goodbye,” I kissed him on the lips once more and then I waved him on. “Make sure you watch him. You know he needs special treatment, no extreme sports or stupid stuff.”

“He’s paralyzed from the waist down, Kasey, I know he needs special treatment,” Brian snapped as he strapped Trystan into his chair. He wheeled him down the ramp beside the stairs and out the door before I could blink. I knew he would be fine; Trystan would be safe because even though I trusted Brian, I trusted Michelle more. Though she had once again slept with my man, she had ran away with him to some island off the coast of Fiji (she had called to confirm, she promised me no more lies and she had kept it) and even drove him home, I knew she would take care of my son because she too, would be a good mother.

To bad Brian doesn’t know it yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know.

Your all thinking what a bitch, what the hell did you do?

or something like that.

Just give me comments.