Blizzard Blackout

Tik Tok

“They locked me in the mall with shops open, who cares what I take, its repercussion,” she explained casually with a simple nonchalant shrug of the shoulders. “Plus they look good on me.”

“Fine,” I sighed in defeat and started walking down the first strip I seen. “Hey, there’s an employees only door.”

“That should lead somewhere important, don’t you think?” she put her sunglasses on her head as she started towards the door, I followed until the lights went out, and she did too. The only light that let us see a little was the daylight shining in past the snow on the windows. “Damn it.”

“Let’s go shopping for flash lights first,” I sighed and grabbed Val’s hand so I wouldn’t lose her. “You have your cell on you?”

“Yeah but I have no signal,” she told me dumbly as we walked to outdoor world, it wasn’t far from where we were. “Towers are out so what good would they do us?”

“The screen light can help us find the flashlights in the dark store,” I explained fishing my cell out of my back pocket; I pushed a button to light up the screen as we walked in outdoor world. “You ever been here?”

“Once with Matt, when he bought Zacky a tent for his birthday,” she didn’t sound too happy about going into the darkness of the store.

“Where are the flashlights and lanterns at?” I asked walking towards the first isle, which was where all fishing equipment and other stuff that went with it.

“Tent and camping isle, two over,” she told me knowingly, I led her to the right isle where we found a mother load of lights, lanterns and batteries.

“Good job, Val, grab you one and open it, then we’ll find a bag and stuff some more in it for the others,” I told her the plan and she followed it. I opened three by the time she got back with a hiking, waterproof backpack. “Pink?”

“Its pretty,” she defended and sat down cross legged beside me on the floor and started opening flash light packages. “Should we go find everyone and give them a light?”

“Yeah,” I murmured standing with Val’s help. “Just throw some flash lights and batteries in the bag, we’ll fix them later.”

Val shoved three more packages of three flashlights in the bag and three packs of batteries and then put the bag over one of her shoulders. “Let’s go searching!” she turned her LED light on and started following me out of outdoor world. “Matt said he’d be by the desk at JC Penny’s if he couldn't get on the room and since he can’t get on the roof because of the blizzard he’ll be trying land lines.”

“JC Penny’s is close by, where was everyone else going?” I asked pushing the door open to the bathroom. “I’ll be right back, hold that thought, I really have to pee bad.”

“Go,” she waved me on, it took less then two minutes to come back out, she was playing Tetris on her phone. “Oh shit, you scared me! Okay so Johnny and Lacey were going to start in bed stores.”

“Mattress King and Bed and Bath,” I told her. “What about Zacky and Gena?”

“Bed sheets and clothes,” Val replied with a grunt. “I would think any clothes stores or Bed and Bath.”

“Jimmy and Leana?” I questioned as we neared JC Penny’s.

“Food Court,” she answered simply as she shone her light around the area before us. “Matt?”

“Over here!” Matt popped up in the light, behind the check out desk. “You found flashlights.”

“Outdoor World,” I explained as they shared a sweet reunion kiss that made me roll my eyes.

“You want to come with us, we’re going to find everyone so we can give out flashlights,” Val explained as I fished in the pink backpack for a flashlight. I pulled out a blue maglite and handed it to Matt.

“Thanks,” he kissed my head and ruffled my hair before he took the bag from Val and slung it over his arm. I smiled at him; he was such a sweet and caring guy, just in general, even more so to Val. Why I couldn't get one like him, was beyond me. I had been good for the many years I have been alive, I've always been pleasant and socialable, never rude and/or crude to anyone. Why I got stuck with the dickweed that impregnated me and disliked it, was beyond me and it would stay beyond me because I really didn't understand that idiot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments for more.

Bargain with me people. Just say 'Its good' or 'Damn you suck bad." just something to give me criticism, good or bad, constructive or insulting.