Status: Finished One Shot

Beautiful Soul

One/One

“Ni-nick, I s-saw him. At the ma-mall,” she told me. Kenzie was my best friend and next door neighbor since my family to Jersey when I was three. We always tell each other everything and anything that was on our minds. This time, it dealt with her ass of a boyfriend, Nathan. I, Nicholas Jerry Jonas, was always there picking up the pieces of her broken heart when it happened. But hey, I couldn’t help it. This was the girl I love.

This was the third time she had caught him with another girl. I was pretty sure it happened many times before and not just the two times she had caught him before, but I never told her my thoughts, afraid she might get her feelings hurt or become angry with me.

“Again! Kenzie, where are you? I’m gonna come get you.”

After getting the information I wanted, I grabbed my car keys from the kitchen counter and raced to the front door to the parked car in the driveway.

[&&]

“So, do you want to talk about it?” I hesitantly asked her.

“Not really but I know I need to.”

I nodded my head slightly.

“Nick, this was the third time!” Kenzie whispered to me. I felt bad for her, hoping she wouldn’t go back to him, hoping that this was a sign for her saying enough was enough, and that she would break it off, once and for all.

“How could he do this to me again?” she said, her eyes brimming with tears, that I wished weren’t there.

“Did I do something to make him cheat on me three times? Who knows, it was probably even more than that?” she was whispering again.

“No, Kenzie. Don’t ever say that. You didn’t do anything. It’s never okay for someone to cheat on another person. He doesn’t deserve you and you know what, it’s his lose. He probably lost the best thing that is ever going to happen to him all because of a stupid decision,” I told her. She needed to be happy and I didn’t want her thinking this was all her fault, because it wasn’t.

“Thanks Nick,” she responded sniffling, “that means a lot. I think I’ll break up with him tomorrow. Your right, he doesn’t deserve me.”

“Glad I could make you feel better. Well, I better go. I think we both need some sleep. It’s been a long day for the both of us,” I said to her while getting up from the couch, her following me to the door.

“Thanks again for what you said. I made me feel a lot better.”

“I’m always happy to help, you know that.”

“I know. Goodnight Nick. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Yup, as always,” I said back with a grin on my face, “Night Kenzie.”

[&&]

That night I could hardly sleep. I slept for about an hour until I realized I would never get to sleep; so I wrote a song.

It took me the whole night, many mistakes, waking up Kevin and Joe at about four in the morning to help with the music to the lyrics, tons of coffee, and inspiration from the girl next door, but I finished.

“Nick, Kenzie better love this song after the night we had,” Kevin said to me, rubbing his eyes like he had been all this morning.

“How did you it was about her?”

The both of them just shook their heads and headed back to their bedrooms to sleep for the rest of the morning.

I decided it was way too early to go to Kenzie’s house, so I went back to my room to get clothes for today. I went to the bathroom and took a good fifteen minute shower before getting out to get dressed.

Going back to my bedroom, I sat down on my bed and took out the newly written song that took all night to write.

Sighing I got up off of the bed and started to head over to the house next door. “I hope this works.”

[&&]

Crossing my front yard, I reached to the walkway to her house and started up towards the door and rang the doorbell.

Looking down waiting for someone to come and get the door, I heard her voice. “Nick? What are you doing here so early?”

“Umm I just thought I’d come over and see how you were doing,” I said back, rubbing the back of my neck.

“Oh okay, thanks. Come on in. I was just making some breakfast. My mom and dad already headed out for work. I swear, those two are never away from their offices,” she stated, chuckling.

“Haha, I’m not surprised. Your parents have always been the workaholic types.”

After about thirty minutes later when we were both done eating our breakfast, I decided to go ahead and show her the song, hoping I wasn’t about to make a fool out of myself.

“Hey, Kenz. Um do you want to hear a song I wrote up last night?” I hesitantly asked her.

“Oh my gosh! Yeah! I would love to. What’s it called?” she answered me eagerly.

“It’s called Beautiful Soul. Kevin and Joe helped me out with it last night too.”

“Okay, well then, play it. I’m dying here!” she responded, a huge smile apparent on her flawless face.

I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul
You're the one I wanna chase
You're the one I wanna hold
I won’t let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul

I know that you are something special
To you I'd be always faithful
I want to be what you always needed
Then I hope you'll see the heart in me

I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul
You're the one I wanna chase
You're the one I wanna hold
I won’t let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul

You might need time to think it over
But I’m just fine moving forward
I'll ease your mind
If you give me the chance
I will never make you cry c`mon let’s try

I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul
You're the one I wanna chase
You're the one I wanna hold
I won’t let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul

Am I crazy for wanting you
Baby do you think you could want me too
I don't wanna waste your time
Do you see things the way I do
I just wanna know if you feel it too
There is nothing left to hide

I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul
You're the one I wanna chase
You're the one I wanna hold
I won’t let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul


“Wow, Nick. That was… amazing,” she said, her eyes glistening with tears yet again.

“Um, I’m glad you liked it,” I said back. I looked down at my scuffed up converse. So, she didn’t know it was about her. I thought I made it quite obvious.

“Nick, I know it’s about me. Don’t worry,” she whispered. I looked back up to see her face inches from mine. I could feel her breath on my lips.

“Thank you. It means a lot that you feel that way. I didn’t know you liked me like that.”

“Yeah, well I-,” and I was cut off, by her pressing her lips to mine.

My heart started pounding and I let go of the notepad in my hands and wrapped them around her waist. She was mine once and for all, and I wasn’t going to let her go.

She was my beautiful soul.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh I don't really like it very much :P