‹ Prequel: Bus Stop
Sequel: So Close Yet So Far

Green Porcupine

Chapter 1

Sponge Bob Cool Pants says: He decided his show and tell should be his weenie.
Dancing Freak says: Yup, Frankito is definitely your son. So how's Claudia?
Sponge Bob Cool Pants says: I've had just about enough of her. So are you still going out with that Larry guy?
Dancing Freak says: Larry? His name is Greg and we broke up a while ago. Who the hell is Larry?
Sponge Bob Cool Pants says: Sorry about that
Dancing Freak says: Meh, he was an ass.
Dancing Freak says: One of my neighbors have a 14 year old daughter named Amy who's madly in love with you. She has all the posters and stuff.
Sponge Bob Cool Pants says: Ahh yes teenage angst
Dancing Freak says: She saw the picture of us at my last visit to Oakland and she went berserks. Now she always has a million questions for me.
Sponge Bob Cool Pants says: Questions like what?
Dancing Freak says: Like, how could you leave such a hot guy? Or, is he ever going to come visit?
Sponge Bob Cool Pants says: lol
Dancing Freak says: brb someone at the door, probably Amy.

I get up from my desk and head to the door of my apartment.
"Ramona? What are you doing here?"
"I got in a fight with my mom, so I snuck out. Can I stay here tonight?"
"What? Argh, Fine. Come in. I'm going to call your mom, she's probably worried sick."
"I snuck out; she doesn't know I'm gone."
"Too bad, I'm calling her anyway." I pick up the phone and walk into my room and shut the door behind me, leaving Ramona alone in the living room.
"Hey Lisea."
"Bianca! Ramona's gone!"
"Calm down, she just got to my apartment, she's rather upset."
"Okay, I'll be right over to pick her up."
"You know what, it's okay, she can sleep over. I'll take her to school tomorrow; I have a rehearsal in the area anyway."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, she needs to calm down." This ends the conversation. I walk back into the living room and see Ramona sitting at my laptop.
"So you think you can just use my computer?" I ask, jokingly tapping my foot.
"Sorry, I saw that you were chatting with my dad and... and."
"Ramona, it's okay, next time just ask me first."
"You got an e-mail from Adie by the way."
"Thanks, it's late, you should go to bed," I say, pointing to the guest bedroom.
"Fine," she says as she picks up her school bag and trudges into the room.

Dancing Freak says: I'm back
Sponge Bob Cool Pants says: I already did the whole parental thing and I talked to Ramona. She's like 10 years old and already running away from home. I hope she isn't being a handful
Dancing Freak says: Since when is two blocks running away from home? She's a good kid, kinda reminds me of myself when I was her age.
Sponge Bob Cool Pants says: That's what I'm afraid of
Dancing Freak says: you seemed to like my wild side.
Sponge Bob Cool Pants says: I also used to go on acid trips, so our teen years are not what I want for her.
Dancing Freak says: I'm just going to check my e-mail then I'm going to bed, I have an early rehearsal tomorrow.
Sponge Bob Cool Pants says: Do you still wear my shorts?
Dancing Freak says: Yes, I told you they're the most comfortable shorts ever!
Sponge Bob Cool Pants says: Aw, you're sweet. Alright goodnight.
Sponge Bob Cool Pants has just signed out

Bianca,
We as a collective (myself, Billie Joe, Mike, Tre and Jill) think it is time you come visit again. How about in two weeks? I'd really like all of us to get together before they go back on tour. Tre says Ramona finishes school soon and is coming down at that time anyway so it can be a full-fledged reunion. Alright, let me know what's going on.
Adie

Adie,
I just checked my schedule and I have no major rehearsal at that time, so I can spare a week or two to come home to California. Oh, I miss all of you. Give everyone my love.
Bianca