‹ Prequel: Bus Stop
Sequel: So Close Yet So Far

Green Porcupine

Chapter 11

"Welcome to Illinois." The intercom on the airplane echoes out. I walk out of the airplane excitedly and go through the baggage claim. I walk out into the main part of the airport and see Tre sitting next to Mike sticking his tongue uncomfortably close to Mike's face.
"Pixie!" Tre screeches as he sees me. I run over to him and wrap my arms around his neck.
"Damn you for being so addictive." I say as I kiss his lips.
"Tre, the new fad drug." Mike says comically.
"Hi Mikey." I say as I give him a friendly hug.
"So let's go?" I ask. Tre shakes his head.
"We have to wait for Mike's new gal." Tre says as he wraps his arms around me.
"Who?" I ask eagerly.
"Her name's Cassie." Mike says happily.
"Meeting her was totally awkward, she was our media photographer." Tre says in a bimbo voice.
"So you date Reprise employees now" I say in a mocking tone.
"No, she's a freelance photographer; she didn't know I was a member of Green Day, so she took the job of being our photographer." Mike explains. I laugh hysterically.
"Oh how awkward! And she didn't dump your sorry butt for lying to her?" I say mocking Mike.
"No, I didn't lie, I just failed to inform." He says smugly.
"Gold digger" I cough.
"She really isn't." Tre says reassuringly.
"Okay." I say as I go back to hugging Tre.
"Oh there she is." Mike says happily as he walks toward the gate.
"Cassie, darling this is Bianca." Tre says as points to me.
"So you do exist." She says in disbelief as she shakes my hand.
"Yup, last time I checked."

We walk to the car and Mike tells the driver to take us to the hotel. On our way there as Tre is snuggling his face into my neck he yells at the driver.
"Pull over!" he runs out of the car and returns a few minutes later with a 7/11 bag full of M&M's. I laugh as he passes me pack.
"Jesus Tre, not M&M's again, after what happened last time." Mike says exasperated.
"That's what I'm counting on." Tre says happily.
"Am I missing something?" Cassie asks. We explain what happened in Texas, which makes Cassie laugh.

We get to the hotel and Cassie and Mike go to their room but Tre and I decide to join Billie and Adrienne for a pre-dinner drink.
"Honestly Tre, not more M&M's" Adie says in disbelief, she turns to me. "So you met Cassie?"
"Yeah, she's pretty nice."
"Oh yeah, Mike and her are all in love now." Billie mocks.
"Hey, she's great. Better than that Brittney." Adie says with slight annoyance.
"Yeah, Brittney was just a pretty face." I say taking a sip from my drink.
"I'm hungry, let's go for dinner." Tre whines.
"Not yet, it's still early." Adie says rolling her eyes, "Eat some of your M&M's."
"And ruin my dinner?" Tre says in disbelief. "What would my mother say?"
"Your mother? Hmm, you go on stage and light your drums on fire, yet you're worried about what your mother would say about your eating habits." I ask as I burst into laughter.
"Yes." Tre says trying to act dignified. Joseph and Jakob run out of the T.V. part of the suite and go up to Adie.
"Mom, can we stay here and watch movies?" Joseph asks.
"We don't want to go dinner with you adults." Jakob says pointing around the room.
"I don't know." Adie says nervously.
"Please! We know your cell phone numbers by heart." Joseph persists.
"Fine but no fighting," Adie says sternly.
"We promise." Joseph says putting his hand over his heart.
"Okay." Adie says.

"Here you go boys." Tre says as he takes a couple packs of M&M's and puts them in his pocket and hands them the rest of the bag.
"Thanks Tre." They say as they scurry back to the T.V. area.
"I'm going to see if Mike and Cassie are ready to go." Billie says walking out of the hotel room.
"I'll just order something for the boys to eat." Adie says picking up the hotel phone. "What do you kids want to eat?"
"Hamburger!" Joseph yells.
"Me too!" Jakob says happily. Adie places the order and hangs up the phone, just as Billie comes back into the room.
"We're going to meet them downstairs." Billie says as he puts on his jacket. "See ya later boys, behave yourselves."
"We will" they call back. The four of us sit in the lobby waiting for Mike and Cassie. They finally come down Mike's arm wrapped around her waist.
"About time." Tre says pretending to be annoyed.
"Hair dryer wasn't working" Cassie says trying not to call too much attention to herself.
"If you say so." Billie says suspiciously. The six of us make our way to the restaurant.

"Oh don't they look guilty." I whisper into Tre's ear.
"Hmm I'd say she committed the upper thigh slide." He chuckles into my ear.
"Hmm, just to be sure." I rub my hand up and down Tre's thigh which makes him laugh. "Oh yeah Tre, you're absolutely right." Cassie excuses herself claiming she was tired. After they leave the restaurant Billie smirks evilly.
"They're defiantly going to have really hot sex" he says smugly.
"Ahh the newbie's are so naïve." Tre says laughing. "As if we don't know what I'm tired really means." Adie and I are laughing uncontrollably at how Billie and Tre are acting like psychologists.
"Hey, we're being mean." I say still trying to stop laughing.
"Yeah you're right, she doesn't know about the freedom of conversation we have." Tre nods.
"So true." Billie says pretending to pity Cassie.
"We'll inform her tomorrow." Adie says very business-like.
"Bianca let's go have really hot sex now." Tre says maneuvering his neck towards the door. I laugh and shrug my shoulders.
"See ya tomorrow" I say waving goodbye to Adie and Billie who are laughing uncontrollably. Tre takes my hand and starts running towards the hotel.

"Tre!" I yell, laughing. "Do you want to tire me out before we get to the hotel?" Tre grunts and rolls his eyes. He picks me up and slings me over his shoulder and carries me to the hotel. He puts me down once we get into the elevator. We stand quietly as we wait for our floor but I can't take it, and pounce him.
"Whoa!" he exclaims happily and we lock lips. We stumble out of the elevator into the hall.
"We should actually, take this action to the hotel room, children might roam these halls." I say laughing as Tre kisses my neck uncontrollably. He lifts his head up and looks me straight in the eye.
"Won't somebody think of the children!" he says in a hysterical old woman voice. I pull my hotel key out of my tank top and open the door.
"So that's where you keep your key." He smirks evilly.
"Indeed" I say laughing, even though I only put it there because my pants had no pockets.