‹ Prequel: Bus Stop
Sequel: So Close Yet So Far

Green Porcupine

Chapter 13

"Ramona, don't wonder off, I don't want to lose you in this sea of psychotic tourists." I say as we place out luggage on a trolley at the airport in Hawaii. She giggles at the fact I called the tourists psychotic.
"I won't." she squeaks as we exit the gates. My cell phone ring is heard loud and clear.
"Hello."
"Don't take a cab!"
"Tre?" I ask.
"Yeah, don't take a cab, I'm picking you up."
"Okay, where are you?"
"Dad!" I hear Ramona squeak as she runs off.
"Ramona! Come back here!" I yell as I push the trolley after. She finally stops when in Tre's embrace.
"I missed you Dad." She says as she hugs her father, Joey is standing behind Tre patiently.
"Missed you too kid-o." he mumbles as they let go of each other.
"Joey! You came to pick me up!" Ramona says excitedly as she goes to hug her little friend.
"Hey you." Tre says in playful voice.
"Hey Tre baby." I say wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing his lips softly. Ramona clears her throat in order to make us aware of her presence.
"Right, let's go." Tre says pushing the trolley towards the doors.

We put our bags in the trunk of the rental car and drive off towards the hotel.
"Where's Frankito?" I ask as I fiddle with the radio.
"He stayed at the hotel with Jakob." Tre says shrugging. "How was your flight?"
"Meh, okay."
"The food tasted like crap!" Ramona pipes up from the back seat, causing Tre to laugh. We pull up to the hotel and the bellhop takes our bags and the valet goes to park the car.

"Where is everyone?" I ask as we make our way through the lobby.
"At the restaurant." Tre says leading us to the balcony where there are tables set up. Adie waves us over to the table where she, Billie, Mike, Cassie and Jill are sitting. "I'll get us some drinks."
"Okay" I say as I walk over to sit with the gang. "Hello everyone."
"Hey." They say one after another.
"Hey kids." I say waving at the kids sitting at a separate table playing some sort of board game, they merely wave back.
"How was your flight?" Jill asks politely.
"Meh. So how are your nerves?" I ask, Mike just rolls his eyes and receives a slap on the arm from Cassie.
"Under control, I'm just jittery that's all." Jill says happily. James and Tre walk up to the table with drinks in their hands. Tre hands me my drink and sits next to me.
"Thanks baby." I say kissing him gently. "So what's the plan for tonight?"
"Bachelor party!" Billie yells as he raises his beer and takes a swig.
"Then we're having a bachelorette party." Adie says competitively.
"Fine with me." Tre says eyeing me seductively.
"Who's going to watch the kids?" Cassie asks looking over at the next table.
"Oh, don't worry, Ramona and Joey can baby-sit." Adie says happily. "Besides we can ask the hotel staff to check up on them every so often."
"Umm, isn't anyone going to ask us if we even want parties?" James asks as he puts his arm around Jill.
"Hey, we're going to party with or without you." Mike says as he takes a swig of beer.
***
We make our way out of the elevator after a long night of partying.
"Goodnight." I slur to Jill, Adie, and Cassie as I open my hotel room door. I throw my shoes into the corner then go to check-up on Ramona and Frankito. I shut the door to the kids' room and walk across the dark T.V. room to my own. Tre is lying face down on the bed.
"Tre?" I whisper cautiously.
"Hmm."
"You just get back?" I ask as I lie next to him.
"Mmmhmm. Where'd you gals go?" he mumbles into the pillow.
"Strip club." I mumble, "You jealous."
"Did all of them have two testicles?"
"Yup."
"Then I'm not jealous."
"Where'd you guys go?" I ask yawning.
"Strip club, don't worry all the dancers were hags, but man can James's brothers party."
"Okay" I mumble. "My clothes smell like cigarettes, I'm getting changed." I get up and make my way to me suitcase where I grab a pair of pajama shorts and a tank top. I change and lie back next to Tre. "Your clothes smell like cigarettes too."
"Sorry" he says as he gets up and strips down into his boxers. "Better?"
"Yeah." I say snuggling against his bare chest.
"Bianca, I want to have your babies."
"Tre, aren't I supposed to say that to you, I mean where will you keep it for those nine months."
"In a box. Wait, did you say you want to have my babies?" he asks smirking.
"Sure, how many would you like me to pop out?" I ask jokingly.
"I don't know, five?"
"Five? I was thinking more one or two." I say poking him.
"Okay, choice is yours." He says smiling. "Did you get a pouch?"
"A what?"
"At strip clubs, don't the guys throw their pouches?"
"Yeah they do, but I didn't get one. Jill did, because she's the bride-to-be." I say giggling.
"Shame, I would've modeled it for you." Tre says as he starts laughing lightly.
"Meh, it would squish your manly bits." I say still giggling.
"So true." I kiss Tre's cheek happily and fall asleep spooned in his arms.