‹ Prequel: Bus Stop
Sequel: So Close Yet So Far

Green Porcupine

Chapter 16

"Sorry Tre, but I have to get going," I say getting up from the sofa.

"Oh, how many shows do you have to do?" Tre whines.

"Five more, than I have no more shows," I say thankfully. "Don't you have your own shows to perform?"

"Nope, we get November off, then we go to Australia for two weeks in December. Wanna come?" Tre says with glee.

"Australia, awesome!" I say happily.

"Are you always going to be a professional dancer?" he asks looking up at me.

"Nah, I'm passed the age of thirty, I'm going to have to stop soon. I was thinking about opening up my own small dance school, maybe after Christmas," I say as I grab my bag and head out the door. "See ya later Tre."

Several hours later I open the door to my apartment to find Tre sitting at the kitchen counter eating out of a jar of green olives. "Tre? You do know there's real food in the fridge?" I ask as I grab a fork from the drawer, sit next to him and take an olive.

"Olives are real food!" he protests stabbing a couple more with his fork and shoving it in his mouth.

"Hmm, I guess you're right," I say taking another olive.

"Bianca, I've been meaning to ask you something?"

"Sure baby ask me anything," I say popping yet another olive in my mouth.

"Would you like to spend Christmas with me this year?" he asks nervously. "I mean, we usually all get together at Bill's on Christmas Eve and then on Christmas day I go to my parents' house."

"Tre I'd love to spend Christmas with you," I say hugging the man in front of me. "I'll finally get to meet your family."

"Yeah," he says happily as I sit on his lap.

"Do you think they'll like me?" I ask in a cheesy voice.

"No, not at all. They'll hate your guts," he says laughing. I gasp dramatically. "They'll absolutely love you."

"Awe," I say as I kiss Tre's lips. "You taste like olive."

"Thank you, so do you."

I wake up one morning in Tre's nude embrace yet again. I know I should stop getting used to him always there; he'd have to go back to Oakland eventually. "I want you stay here with me," I mumble as I hug him closer.

"I'm not going anywhere," he laughs.

"Eventually you'll have to," I mumble.

"Nope."

"Bathroom?"

"I'll do my business off the edge of the bed," he says evilly.

"Food?"

"I'll eat the bed sheets."

"Water?"

"Your saliva."

"Now that I think about it, you leaving for five minutes at a time wouldn't be so bad," I say caressing his forehead.

"Oh okay," he says running off to the bathroom, seconds later I hear the sound of him urinating. "Oh yeah." I can't help but laugh.

"Tre baby, you left the door open! I can hear you!" I half yell half laugh.

"So?"

"Just thought I'd let you know." Tre walks through the bedroom door just as he left, fully nude.

"Breakfast anyone?"

"Hmm egg and sausage," I say laughing as I toss him his boxers which were lying on the floor. He shrugs.

"If you want," he says maliciously then after he realizes I'm putting on clothes, he puts on his boxers.

We sit at the kitchen counter eating toast and coffee. "So when do you have to go back to Oakland?"

"December first," he says bitterly.

"That's like a week and half away," I say, though pointless comment to make.

"Are you coming with me?" he asks pleadingly.

"Yeah, my last show was last night, so I'm free, until I start auditioning again," I mutter; I hate auditions with a passion.

"What about the dance school thing?"

"Not sure, how to go about opening the school, or where I'll open it, so I'll take another job and research in the mean time," I say shrugging.

"When are you auditioning again?" he asks sincerely.

"January."

"Oh yay! You'll be able to spend all of December with me!" he says happily as grabs me in a bear hug.

"Whoot!" I say happily as we go back to our coffees.