‹ Prequel: Bus Stop
Sequel: So Close Yet So Far

Green Porcupine

Chapter 26

"Good morning Mrs. Cool." Tre whispers in my ear.
"Good morning, my one and only." I say laughing. "We're such cheese balls."
"So true, but we're the sexiest cheese balls ever!" Tre says hugging me again. "Guess where I'm taking you."
"Paradise." I say happily remembering the night before.
"Yes, but where I will I take you to paradise?" he says smirking evilly.
"Umm hopefully not in a dumpster." I say cautiously. He shakes his head.
"Bahamas."
"Oh yeah baby." I say kissing Tre.
"Damn I'm good." He says happily as he pulls me closer to him.
"When do we leave?" I ask yawning. Tre shifts his weight to look at the bedside clock.
"Well we're supposed to be at the airport in one hour." He says casually.
"One hour? You're joking right?"
"No."
"But we didn't even pack!" I say in disbelief.
"Well maybe we should get off our asses and do something about that?" Tre says shrugging his shoulders.
"Awe no! It's so nice here with you." I whine.
"So true."
"But I guess the Bahamas are waiting." I say as I get up lazily.

*two weeks later/ my apartment*
"So what's going to happen to this place?" Tre asks as he runs out of the washroom in only his socks.
"I don't know, new tenants I guess." I say as I pack up one of the final boxes.
"Struttin in my socks, struttin in my socks. Oh yeah." Tre sings while doing the moon walk.
"You should either take off the socks or put on some pants, because socks alone make your legs look stubby." I say laughing.
"Not the stubbiness!" he yelps.
"Oh fuck!" I yell running to the washroom to puke.
"You're still sick?" Tre asks worriedly.
"I guess so." I say after another up-chuck of unpleasantness. "It's weird I didn't drink any of the Bahamian water and I still got sick."
"Do your boobs feel all weird like?" he asks looking over me.
"Tre?!"
"I'm serious."
"Well now that you mention it yeah."
"You're probably pregnant." He says taking his words carefully.
"What?" I say in disbelief as he puts his pants back on.
"Well think about it, what have we been doing for our entire honey moon?"
"True but. . ."
"And half the time you didn't give me a chance to put on a condom."
"Hey!" I say taking slight offence as I walk towards the door.
"Where are you going?" Tre asks watching me intently.
"There's a pharmacy downstairs I'm going to buy a pregnancy test." I say fumbling with my purse.
"What if you puke all over the pharmacy?! I'll go." Tre says dashing out of the apartment. I flop down on the couch which is to be picked up soon to be taken to Salvation Army. My cell phone begins to ring, I look down at the screen; Jill.
"Hey Jill."
"Bianca! You'll never guess what happened!" she squeals.
"You met Green Day!" I say in a teenie voice.
"Yup ages ago, but more recently then that!"
"I don't know Jill; I have too much on my mind to guess."
"I'm pregnant!" she says happily.
"That's funny because, I might be pregnant too." I say nervously.
"What?"
"Tre is at the pharmacy buying a pregnancy test right now."
"Oh this is going to be awesome, we'll get to celebrate our hormones going out of whack together!" she says happily.
"It's not for sure! I still haven't taken the pee test yet!" I say before she hits the moon.
"I'm back!" Tre says holding up a pharmacy bag.
"Jill, I'll call you later. Tre just got back." I say shutting off my phone.

I take the test from Tre and walk into the bathroom in silence. I pee on the stupid piece of plastic and rest it in the sink.
"I'm so nervous." I say as I wait for the five minutes for the results.
"Don't be." Tre says hugging me close.
"Easy for you to say, you've already had two kids." I yelp.
"I haven't had any with you!" he says rolling his eyes. "Five minute's up." I look into the sink at the piece of plastic.
"Positive!" I scream happily, "I'm going to be a mom!"
"And I'm going to be a dad . . . . Again." Tre says hugging me.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!
"I'll get it!" Tre yells as he scampers off to the door. "Hi Amy, right?"
"Uh hi Tre." I hear her say nervously as I walk to the door. "I just came to return the CDs I borrowed."
"Thanks." I say taking them from her.
"Was I interrupting something?" she asks nervously.
"Well, I just found out I'm pregnant." I say slowly.
"Holy Fuck! You're having Tre Cool's baby!" she says in disbelief.
"I guess so." I say as Tre warps his arms around me and hiddenly pokes my hip causing me to twitch.
"Whoa! You're living the life!" she says as she walks back to her apartment.
"Good bye Amy." Tre calls out.

*End*