‹ Prequel: Bus Stop
Sequel: So Close Yet So Far

Green Porcupine

Chapter 6

"You were awesome." Tre says smiling after the show.
"You always say that."
"I mean it every time."
"Tre, my dear, you are too cheesy."
"Guilty as charged." I grab the back of his neck and pull him in for a kiss.
"I missed kissing you." Tre pulls me into his arms for another kiss. Yet again we found ourselves back at my apartment, in a massive mess of limbs.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!
"They'll go away eventually" I mumble to Tre.
KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!
"Ooo, sounds urgent." Tre jokes.
KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!
"Oh, give me a second, I'll make them go away." I say getting up and putting my shirt back on. I open the door.
"Hey Bianca, is Tre there?" Lisea asks, standing next to Ramona.
"Hold on." I walk back to my bedroom where Tre is waiting.
"So did you make the annoying people go away?" Tre asks smirking.
"No, because the annoying people are your ex and your daughter, and they need to speak to you." Tre's smile falls off his face.
"I can't."
"Why the hell not?" Tre grunts and rolls his eyes.
"I'm erect."
"Well make yourself un-erect."
"I can't just turn it off!"
"I can buy you some time, just hurry up!" I hiss as I walk back to the living room where Ramona and Lisea are still standing.
"Tre and I went for sushi and apparently sushi doesn't sit well in his stomach. He'll be out in a second."
"Tre? You are talking about the guy who ate frozen hot dogs soaked in sour milk?" Lisea asks in disbelief.
"Funny huh?" I say casually as Tre walks out of the room cautiously and fully dressed.
"What's up?" Tre asks nervously.
"My mother is in the hospital, I need you to watch Ramona till I get back." Lisea says handing over Ramona's back pack.
"Why's she in the hospital? How long will you be gone for?" Tre asks worriedly.
"It's just appendicitis; I should be back in about four days." Lisea says as she hugs Ramona good bye.
"Alright." Tre says, waving good bye.

"What time is it?" Tre asks as he scratches his head.
"Ten." I say looking at my watch.
"Ramona, time for bed little lady."
"But I'm not tired." Ramona whines as she breaks into a yawn.
"Then would you like to explain that yawn?" Tre asks slyly.
"No." she mutters as she makes her way to the guest room. Tre and I sit on the couch and turn on the T.V.
"Is there anything good on?" Tre asks as he flips through the channels.
"Umm, it's Friday, so there's a movie on channel fifteen." I say carelessly. Tre flips through the channels till fifteen.
"Hey, it's Ferris Bueller!" he exclaims.
"I haven't watched this movie in ages. I remember last time we watched this movie together, we were drunk and you proposed." I say laughing at out teenage years.
"Oh yeah, you puked!" Tre states as he points at me with amusement.
"Oh yes, and I believe you told me I was a sexy puker or something."
"I think I meant it." Tre says laughing at me.
"Can I watch the movie?" Ramona yells from the guest room.

I look at Tre and nod.
"Sure." He yells as she scurries out of the room.
"You proposed to Bianca?" Ramona asks amused.
"Yeah, well I was just kidding around."
"Did you say yes?" Ramona asks looking at me.
"Yeah, but then I said I wanted to go to sleep first, so my priorities were kind of messed up." I say laughing.
"Are you two going out again? I heard my mom talking to Aunt Adie but she wouldn't tell me what's going on." Ramona says looking at me funny.
"Well yeah, we got back together." I say looking at Tre thoughtfully.
"So are you going to get an orange porcupine tattoo, because now my dad has orange hair?" Ramona asks with big eyes.
"No, one porcupine is enough." I say laughing.
"Can we just watch the movie now." Tre asks, acting all serious.
"Yeah." I say laughing at his mockery of seriousness. We watch the movie and shortly after Ramona falls asleep.
"Shall we pick up where we left off?" Tre asks evilly. I shake me head.
"Your daughter is in the next room and these walls are paper thin." I say pushing him away playfully.
"Fine then."