‹ Prequel: Bus Stop
Sequel: So Close Yet So Far

Green Porcupine

Chapter 9

"I want to shower with you now!" Tre yells from the bathroom.
"Sleeping!" I yell back.
"No you're not!"
"Yes I am!"
"Then how come you're speaking?"
"It's snoring."
"No more excuses, get in here!" I laugh and make my way into the shower. Tre is already soaped up when I get in. He wraps his arms around me.
"Hey, I told you the shower isn't a safe place." I say laughing.
"I'll risk it." He leans forward and kisses me softly.
"Me too." I whisper.

A little while later we make our way down to the hotel restaurant for breakfast. We see Billie, Adie and Mike sitting at a table.
"Hey people." I say as I sit down next to Adie.
"Hey." They say looking up from their menus.
"Did you guys hear some rowdy people in the hallway last night?" Mike asks looking specifically at Tre and I.
"Yeah, they woke me up." Adie says shaking my head.
"Not me." Billie says shrugging.
"You'll sleep through anything babe." Adie says laughing. Tre and I can't hold it in any longer and we start laughing hysterically.
"I knew it!" Mike yelps. "So what were you two up to?"
"Racing," I say proudly. "I won."
"It was a flook." Tre pouts as he crosses his arms. Mike, Billie and Adie start laughing hysterically.

Our food was served to us and the conversation continued.
"So what are you guys up to?" I ask as I poke at the really weird jelly on my plate.
"Interview." Billie says with a mouthful of bagel.
"Oh we should go shopping and have lunch or something," Adie suggests after she wipes her mouth with a napkin.
"Yeah, sounds good," I say finally putting aside the jelly.
"Buy lingerie!" Tre exclaims making me snort with laughter.
"You too Adie!" Billie says smirking.
"We'll see." I say rolling my eyes.
"No I think we have time to buy some lingerie." Adie says nodding, "You know the kind that really covers up, oh what are they called, granny panties."
"Oh yeah, I'm seriously lacking granny panties." I add in agreement, "And then I'll model it for Tre."
"I like the modeling idea." Tre says raising his eyebrows, "but I think you'd look best in the lacy stuff." Billie can't even speak he's laughing so hard.
"Mike you've been awfully silent, how's Brittney?" I ask casually.
"Uhh, we broke up," he says stuffing a forkful of pancake in his mouth.
"Sorry." I say looking down at my plate.
"It's okay, it was for the best," he says shaking his head.

I get back from an afternoon of shopping and walk into my hotel room, where Tre is sitting on the couch.
"Whatcha watching?" I ask as I sit next to him.
"Ferris Bueller," he says as he wraps his arms around my shoulders.
"Is that like your favorite movie or something?"
"Sort of." He says as I snuggle up to him. "I lied to you."
"What?" I ask in disbelief, "you did want me to buy granny panties."
"No, when I came to your apartment, the night you introduced me to Lisea."
"What are you talking about, that was ages ago." I say rolling my eyes.
"I really did go there so you'd take me back."
"I know."
"You do?" he asks looking at me with interest.
"Yeah, or else we wouldn't be together now, that's also why I couldn't go though with marrying Mark." Tre puts his hand on the pixie necklace.
"The promise I made did mean something."
"I know" I whisper.
"I kicked myself in the face for going on acid everyday for a long time."
"You were eighteen; we were all stupid at that age."
"Still, I don't know why I did it." Tre says shaking his head.
"I've forgiven you a long time ago," I say kissing his cheek.
"But I haven't forgiven myself."
"Tre, when you proposed to me back then, did you mean it, even if you didn't expect anything to happen."
"Yeah, I think I did. I knew I wanted to be with you. Foolish I know." He says laughing lightly and kisses the top of my head.
"I love you." I whisper.
"I love you too." He whispers back as we watch the movie.
KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!
"Come in!" Tre calls out to the door. Adie walks in.
"We're going out for dinner now, do you two want to come?" I look up at Tre and mouth the words.
"It's up to you."
"No Adie, I think we'll stay here," he says as he tightens his grasp around me.
"Okay." Adie says as she closes the door. We watch the movie in silence, just enjoying being wrapped in each others arms; the ultimate happiness. As the movie credits roll Tre shifts his weight.
"Are you hungry?" He asks peacefully.
"Meh, I am if you are."
"What do you want to eat?" he says as he picks up the phone.
"Hmm, surprise me." I say playfully as I roll on the couch.
"Ok then," he says smirking, "Could you send up four bowls of chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake and jell-o, umm all the colors. And whatever candies you have."
"Sounds good." I say laughing as he hangs up the phone. A few minutes later we hear a knock at the door.
"Mr. Wright, room service."
"Come in!" he yells.
"Here's your umm meal." The hotel worker says politely.
"Would you care to join us for a threesome?" Tre asks in a serious voice.
"Not particularly Mr. Wright." He says just as politely as he leaves the room. Tre and I start laughing for what seems like five minutes straight.
"So where do we start?" Tre asks rubbing his hands together.
"Ice cream, I don't want it all melty." I say picking up the bowl from the trolley and sprinkle various candies on it; Tre does the same.
"What movie now?" Tre asks as he scrolls through the list on the television screen.
"Oh that one!" I say excitedly.
"Which one?"
"Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail!"
"Excellent choice m'lady," Tre says poking my hip making me squirm.
"Pass me a spoon Mr. Wright." I say mimicking the hotel worker.
"Don't call me that" he says tossing the spoon at me.
"Fine then Mr. Wright." He jokingly makes a fist. "Sorry Tre baby."
"That's better."

After the movie and most of the food I look over at the cart full of dishes. I see one pack of M&M's left.
"D'you want those?" I ask Tre nicely.
"Yup."
"MINE!" I yell jumping off the couch to get them.
"Not if I can help it!" Tre yells as he tackles me to the floor and attempts to pull the bag out of my hand.
"Mine, mine, mine," I squeal as Tre tickles me. When I've had too much I suggest, "Truce."
"Fine," Tre says getting of me. "We'll split it." We sit back in our respected places on the sofa and pass the bag back and forth.
"Final M&M," I say as I hold the blue piece of candy in between my fingers.
"Mine!" Tre yells as he lunges forward to get it. I run away with the candy in my fist. We circle around the hotel room for a while before I run out into the hallway. Tre follows determined to get the piece of candy in my possession. He finally catches up to me at the elevators and tackles me to the floor. The elevator doors open and Mike steps out.
"Dear God, what the hell is going on?" He asks as he rolls his eyes.
"Final M&M," I say holding up the candy. Tre just nods innocently. Mike bends down to our level and takes the candy out of my hand and pops it in his mouth.
"Mmm, so good," he says smiling.
"No fair!" Tre whines.
"Now let this be a lesson for both of you," Mike says as he opens the door to his hotel room.