Green Day, Why Am I In Your Room?

Chapter 10

I awoke the following morning as usual with Tre's arms wrapped around me. I closed my eyes again, hoping to catch a bit of a sleep in, before I felt a sudden wave of sickness wash over me.

I instinctively jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom, feeling like I was about to throw up. The reflection looking back at me was a pale one - all the colour had drained from my face. Breathing a sigh of relief, I pondered as to why sickness was brewing in the pit of my stomach this early in the morning.

My heart skipped a beat.

Fuck.

Fuck. Shit.

FUCK!

No, no it couldn't be early morning sickness.

Wait...

It was early morning sickness. I began to panic and my heart sped up to about a hundred times the normal speed.

It must have been back in Australia...when we -

What was I going to do? I thought in desperation. Why now?

There was a knocking on the door. "Tash? Are you OK?" Tre's concerned voice came through the door.

"Uh - " I forced myself to open the door. "J-just feeling a little bit sick, thats all..."

"Riiight," Tre answered, looking at me up and down. "You look really pale - are you sure you're OK?"

"No," I said, throwing myself into his arms. "Tre, I think I'm pregnant - " I whispered hoarsely.

"You're WHAT?" Tre gasped, pulling me out of his arms and looking directly into my eyes. "A-are...are you sure?"

Why the fuck was he scared? He wasn't the one faced with the possibility of carrying a child in his stomach.

"Well, I'm feeling sick and ... you know...we did - "

"Yeah yeah I know," Tre said, his face also looking worried. "But we can't be sure until you do a pregnancy test or something...can we?"

"I don't know," I said in despair. Either way, I figured I was pregnant. I was sure of it...it just felt like there was something growing inside of me now.

"Come on. Get changed - we'll go down there now."

"How about you go?" I said quietly. "I'd rather just - "

"Of course," he said quickly, hugging me again. "It'll be OK..."

How was it going to be OK?

Tre's POV

The thoughts spinning around in my head were constant. She was pregnant. But I was trying to calm down for her sake...and my own.

I jumped into my car, starting it up and speeding down the driveway. I hurried into the chemist and randomly picking up a test and driving back home. Needless to mention the look I got when the woman serving me realised I was Tre Cool and I was buying a pregnancy test.

It seemed unreal that this was happening...everything was going too fast.

I pounded up the stairs to where Tash was sitting tensely on the bed.

"You ready?" I asked.

She nodded and took the test into the bathroom. I waited outside anxiously, until she emerged about two minutes later. Her face was blank.

"Well?"

"It won't show up for a few minutes," she said quietly, staring at the test in her hand. Her eyes were worried and her face pale.

"Come here," I said gently, pulling her into a hug. "No matter what, I'll always love you."

"I'll always love you too," she said, holding me close. She gasped. "It's - "

Tash's POV

I hastily looked at it. There it was in front of me. "Positive," I read aloud, in shock. "Tre? What are we going to do?" I cried.

"We'll - "

"Keep it?" I replied, nearly unable to speak.

"Only if you will," Tre said firmly.

"Easy for you to say," I muttered. I quite liked the shape of my slim body the way it was.

"Tash, I love you and I always will. I'll always be by your side, no matter what." His blue eyes were full of sincerity.

"But what will I do when you're on tour? If something happens - " I shuddered at the thought.

"It won't," he said firmly, again.

Somehow, it was all going to be alright. I pulled him in close so my face was an inch away from his. "I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," he said, kissing me passionately on the lips.