Green Day, Why Am I In Your Room?

Chapter 12

I awoke on the morning of Grammy night with excitement, nervousness and worry flowing through my veins. Excitement at the prospect of going to the Grammys, nervousness at the prospect of being in the media's eye with Tre, and worry at the prospect of telling him about the baby. Well, the baby that didn't exist.

"Tash? Are you awake?" I heard Tre's sleepy voice next to me. I rolled around and smiled lazily when I saw his gorgeous blue eyes looking happily back at me.

"Nah, I'm asleep," I answered slowly, gently closing my eyes and running my hand down his arm. "When does the plane leave?"

"9am," Tre answered.

"That gives us two and a half hours," I groaned.

"To do what?" Tre asked slyly. I rolled my eyes and softly punched him on the arm. "You know you want to..."

"Come on, let's get ready," I smiled, pulling myself out of bed and chucking my pillow at him. "We have to drive to the airport as well, you know."

"How about we get breakfast on the way there?" Tre asked. "We can ask Billie, Mike, Adie and Brit if they want to as well. And you can have your little ladies' chat about what you're going to wear in front of all those cameras." He grinned. "What are you wearing?"

"Ah, you'll find out." I smiled, thinking of my outfit for the night. "Are you nervous at all?"

Tre thought for a moment. "Well, I'm not confident. Playing in front of everyone'll be fun, but I dunno about our nomination...we've got some tought competition..."

"You'll be fine," I assured, walking over to him and kissing him on the cheek. "So should we call the others and organise everything?"

"Sure," he answered, pulling a t-shirt over his head. "I'll call them, you go and get packed."

I left the room to leave Tre to call the others while I grabbed a suitcase and my dress. I carefully folded it inside and packed my other things and went downstairs to make myself a coffee. Tre came down a few minutes later, bag in hand and a satisfied look on his face.

"All set. Quick breakfast in town and then its off to the airport. Hotel's booked, everything's ready." He gave a sigh of relief. "It feels much better having all that done. So, are you ready?"

I nodded, swallowing the last of my coffee and picking up my bag. "All set." Tre smiled and led the way out the front door and into his car. We drove into town, the early morning sun casting a warm orange glow over us. We met Billie, Adie, Mike and Brit outside Starbucks and bought ourselves our food.

Once seated at the table, Billie stood up and raised his coffee cup in mock toast.

"To Green Day, to music, and to our beautiful partners," Billie announced, smiling proudly at Adie. "May the best band win...so...may Green Day win." We laughed and clapped our cups together. I felt so content, sitting there talking to these people. Any thoughts of my false pregnancy disappeared; I was at peace with myself.

Once we finished breakfast, we made our way to the airport, checked through security and boarded our private jet. I took my seat next to Tre, resting my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and took my hand.

"Tash," Tre began, "are you okay with the baby?"

I waited for the plane to be safely in the air before answering. "Uh...I think so." I gritted my teeth as I angrily scolded myself. How can you lie about this one? You lied about leaving, you lied about Matt...

Tre smiled. "Don't sound so worried. I'm here for you, okay?"

I bit my lip, nodding and avoiding his eyes. Tre obviously took this as being nerves, so comfortingly squeezed my hand and smiled reassuringly.

Throughout the entire plane trip I tried to sleep; but my guilt got the better of me.

Tell him tonight...before the awards show. Otherwise he would probably announce it while he was up on stage performing...

A limo was awaiting us at the airport; as was a large crowd of reporters and fans. Security guards pushed them back as we fought our way through to our bags. I heard reporters shouting various questions.

"Mr Armstrong, can you tell us your opinion as to whether you'll win the Grammy for Record of the Year - "

"Mr Dirnt, is it true you planned to not perform tonight because of - "

"Mr Cool, is it true your girlfriend is pregnant with your third child?"

All three members of Green Day merely waved their hand dismissively and kept moving. Thankfully, Tre hadn't admitted to the rumour - if he had, this would have just made my life all the more difficult.

We got into the limo with out things and talked among ourselves on the way to the hotel. The car stopped outside a fancy looking building, complete with creeping vines over the white walls and red carpet leading up to the entrance. I followed Tre up to our room and gasped when I saw what was inside.

A huge double bed with expensive linen and a line of fresh roses on the bedend was in the middle, on top of clean white carpet and expensive furniture. There was a mini bar, elaborate kitchen and, in the next room, a huge spa.

"Holy fuck!" I burst out. Never, in my entire life, had I seen such an elaborate hotel room.

Tre grinned. "Ah, rock star life. Gets boring, after a while."

He sat down on the bed, running his hand over the sheets. I took a deep breath.

"Tre, I have soemthing to tell you - "

Just then, Billie burst in the door. "Tre. You. Me. Mike. Instruments. Band Room. Now," Billie panted. "We have to practice."

"Ah sorry Tash - can you tell me later?" Tre groaned, looking apologetic. "Billie sounds as though he's going to have a heart attack."

I swallowed and nodded reluctantly. I had been so close...

I spent the afternoon watching TV among other things. Later that afternoon, Adie entered, fully dressed and ready to go.

"Crap!" I yelped, jumping up. "Forgot to get ready!"

"Nah, I just got ready early. I wanted to come get you ready and talk to you." She held up a bag, full of presumably makeup. "Come on, show me what you're wearing."

I got it out of my bag.

"No! Get dressed into it, I mean! I wanna see how it fits," she said impatiently, smiling. I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom, quickly changing into it. I stepped out, and Adie gave a wide smile.

My dress was dark red, matching my black hair and green eyes...I hoped. Adrienne made me twirl around, looking at the dress appreciatively. "Tash, that is really nice!"

"Thanks," I said shyly.

"Ah, stop looking so nervous," Adie said, grinning. "Now, sit down. I'm going to fix your hair."

"It's fine," I said shortly. My hair was out, not really brushed at all, but it looked fine.

"No, its not," Adie replied. "I'm going to straighten it."

"But it's already striaght!" I exclaimed, rolling my eyes.

"I know, but I'm gonna make it so it curls up from the bottom. Trust me, it'll look quite delightful." She pulled out a hair straightener and set to work on my hair. Once she had finished my hair was shining brilliantly and curling slightly at the bottom, just like she said. I smiled appreciatively.

"See? I told you." She huffed impatiently while she rolled up the straightener. "Now, put this on - " she pulled out bright red lipstick - "and this - " she pulled out black eyeliner - "and then this - " she pulled out dark eyeshadow.

"Uh, with all this, I'll look like a prostitute," I moaned, taking it from her hands.

"You sound like a fucking tomboy," she laughed. "You won't, trust me. Your hair turned out fine, right?"

Rolling my eyes yet again, I applied my makeup and had to admit that she was right. I didn't look half bad.

"Thankyou," she said, not able to stop smiling. "OK, so we're all set?"

I nodded and followed her out the door, feeling a little apprehensive at the thought of going to the Grammys. We met the guys by the limo outside the limo. I saw Tre's face light up when he saw me. He was dressed in black pants, a white shirt, tie, black jacket with the usual red bowtie pinned to the side.

"Tash..you - "

I grinned shyly, getting into the limo ahead of him. The limo ride was awkwardly quiet - everyone was lost in their own thoughts, obviously unwilling to speak.

All too soon the limo door opened. I heard the screaming and cheering outside, I heard the click of cameras...

I nervously got out of the limo.

I was at the Grammys.