Green Day, Why Am I In Your Room?

Chaper 6

My eyes slowly fluttered open as I felt heat radiating from beside me. I turned slightly and saw Tre asleep, his arms wrapped around me. The events of the night before crept into my mind.

I smiled lazily, turning completely over so I was facing him. I moved my arms around him and rested my chin on his shoulder. Tre stirred and woke up, rubbing his eyes with his hand.

"Good morning," I said, kissing him on the cheek.

He kissed me back. "I love you," he said in reaply, breathing in deeply.

"I love you too," I sighed, running my hands lovingly down his back.

"You're turning me on again," he grinned, kissing me on my cheek before pressing his lips hard on mine.

We broke apart. I looked deeply into his lively blue eyes. I had never loved someone so much.

Matt again popped into my head. I forced myself to forget that horrible thought.

"We should go back to the states today," I suggested. "I'm getting sick of this place."

Tre nodded slowly, resting his chin again on my shoulder and closing his eyes. "Let's just go to the airport today and hope there's a flight."

"Sounds perfect," I said softly. We lay in bed for what seemed like nothing before we got up and changed.

"I'm going to take a shower," I said, hunting through my cupboard for a towel.

"Mind if I join you?"

I rolled my eyes, not able to stop myself smiling. "S'pose we are in a drought."

Tre smiled. I turned on the shower and stripped off, Tre doing the same.

We stepped inside. I rubbed soap all over him, moving further down. He did the same, slipping in a few kisses while he was at it. He bit my neck again, only to stop and gag slightly.

"You taste like soap," he grinned, continuing to bite down my neck anyway.

I kissed him hard on the lips.

"You taste like...Tre," I said, unable to keep my hands off him. What was wrong with me?

We finished our shower, getting changed and walking out into the kitchen.

"I'm not hungry much," I said, opening the fridge. "You?"

"Not really," Tre replied. "How about we just call a taxi and go to the airport?"

"I like it," I smiled. "I'll get all my stuff together."

In the space of ten minutes I had gotten my stuff and dragged it out to the front door, where the taxi was waiting. Tre and I loaded our stuff into the boot of the car.

I looked at my house for the last time.

Tre stood beside me, putting his arm around my waist and pulling me close.

"So, the house you and Matt lived in," Tre said, shaking his head. "Are you sure you can leave this all behind?"

Fuck...Matt.

I had no idea why I was suddenly reminded about it.

"Um - can you give me a few minutes? I gotta go to the bathroom," I said quickly. This sounded believeable, since the drive to Sydney airport was about and hour and a half.

"Sure," he said. "I'll be in the cab."

I ran through the front door, carefully shutting it behind me. I went to the table beside the door and pulled out the velvety box.

I held it thoughtfully for a few moments. I was going to take it anyway.

I heard the horn beep from outside, so I shoved the box into my pocket, hoping it didn't stick out obviously. I looked around my house one final time, shut the door behind me and climbed into the taxi.

I watched my house become smaller and smaller until it was out of view.

Goodbye what I used to call home.