Green Day, Why Am I In Your Room?

Chapter 8

Tash's POV

We all had a celebratory dinner at Billie and Adrienne's place - Mike invited his girlfriend, Brittany, and daughter, Estelle. Tre invited Ramona and Frankito - but they couldn't make it. I had always forgotten he was a single parent. He barely mentioned them - and was always too busy to visit.

"Tre, when am I going to meet your kids?" I asked him before dinner, hearing the chink of plates in the next room.

He gave me a strange look. "You wanna meet my kids? They're little versions of me."

"And is that honestly a bad thing?" I asked.

He smiled. "If you really want to meet them, then yeah I guess so. Why?"

"Uh - no reason."

Tre's POV

Maybe this meant she was really serious about us if she wanted to meet my kids.

Tash's POV

"Its just they're a part of your life you barely talk about," I said, looking directly into his bright blue eyes. "And I want to be a part of your life."

He grinned hugely. "Serious?"

"Yes,{/i]" I persisted, giving a smile. I heard Adrienne call us to dinner in the room next to us.

He continued to smile as we walked in. I saw Adrienne give me a sly grin as though she had overheard every word. Before we sat down, Mike introduced me to Brittany and Estelle.

"Brit, this is Natasha, better known as Tash. And this is Stella, too." Mike looked upon his daughter proudly.

"Nice to meet you both," I said smilingly, shaking their hands.

We sat down to eat. Dinner was pretty casual - music was the topic on everyone's minds. Stella, Jakob and Joey sat outside at their own private table, and, judging by the amount of noise coming from them, they were having a lot of fun.

All too soon dinner had ended - it was now about ten o'clock at night. Mike, Brittany and Estelle left, bidding goodnight. Mike still had to drop Estelle home, hence the reason he had left earlier.

Me and Tre said goodbye to Adrienne and Billie, arranging to have more band practice within the next few days because of the up and coming Grammy performance. Me and Tre walked outside into the cool night air, hand in hand back to Tre's car. We got into the car and drove back to his house in blissful silence.

As Tre pulled the car up outside his house, he turned to face me before getting out.

"Were you serious about being serious about us?" he asked. I couldn't help but smile at his use of words.

"Uh - yes," I said, looking at him strangely. "Why bring this up now?"

"Because..." he looked down, before looking up again.

"Yes?"

"Because... I think you can move into my room. We're big kids now," he said, grinning and jumping out of the car before running inside. I rolled my eyes. Typical Tre humour. I got out and locked the car for him, going through the front door and closing it behind me.

I climbed up the stairs, taking the familiar route to my room before realising where I was meant to be. Tre was in the bathroom, attempting to get the gel out of his hair while brushing his teeth. I smiled, changing into my pj's. Tre got into bed while I got ready. I hopped into bed next to him.

"Tired much?" he asked, wrapping his arms around me and holding me close.

"Sort of," I muttered, feeling my eyes droop. I was tired. Very tired.

"I love you," Tre murmured, resting his chin on my shoulder and breathing softly into my ear.

"I love you too," I said sleepily, before falling into a deep sleep.

--

The next morning we awoke slowly, got up and had breakfast as usual.

"What would you say if we had a 'family outing' today?" Tre asked, sitting opposite me at breakfast. I looked at him closely.

"Depends what you mean," I said slowly.

"Like...with Ramona and Frankito?"

I felt slightly anxious at the thought of getting to know his family. yesterday, it seemed like a great idea. Now...what if they didn't accept me? Their daddy probably had loads of girlfriends. I would just be another one of them.

"Sure," I said, looking back at my food and continuing to eat. His face lit up. "Awesome! Haven't talked to them in ages, what with touring and stuff." He hurried off to get the phone and call. I ate in silence while he called.

"All sorted. We'll be picking them up in twenty minutes."

"Twenty minutes?! Where are we going that we need to leave this early?" It was only eight-thirty in the morning.

"Ah, you'll see. As will the kids. Get ready and we'll leave soon." Tre cleared up his things and went back upstairs. I took my bowl up to the sink and followed Tre upstairs. I got changed into my black jeans and a pale lime/yellow green t-shirt. I left the eyeliner off today and pulled on my shoes, getting into the car next to Tre.

We pulled outside Ramona's mum's house around fifteen minutes later.

"Ready?" Tre asked, getting out of his car and heading up the driveway.

"I guess so," I said, following him up the driveway slowly. We stopped outside the front door, and Tre knocked.

Here I was, about to meet Tre's family.