All That Lives Is Born to Die

Chapter 1: Prologue

It was late hours of the night, almost morning when Vincent Quinn was doing business with Matt Sanders, head of another local gang who was fastley making himself popular and powerful within California, and the two thought it would be wise to become acquainted. In this world, you had to choose a side, and for Matt it was easy; the winning side. Any side Vincent Quinn was on was the winning side. Vincent Quinn also brought with him the American based Japanese Yakuza and the American based Russian Bratva, all though these two were small, they were notorious for causing some serious damage and both trusted their lives with Vincent Quinn. Together, they were going to pair up with the Italian mafia here in California, Vegas, and New York.

Vincent Quinn supplied weapons and vehicles to local gangs, the Japanese and the Russians, and now he was about to be Matt's supplier as well. Matt had heard nothing but good things about Vincent, and Matt could feel like he could trust a family man, with family values and morals. Vincent Quinn was a real man, he was down to earth and he was honest.

“Matt, I don’t know if right now is the best time for me to take you on,” Matt would’ve been lying if he didn’t say that he was disappointed and a little pissed. “this is for your safety of course. We have a rat in our midst. Now this person isn’t going to the cops, but they’re leaking our information to the Mayans and Chinese in Vegas. My business is taking the fall. Weapons and vehicles are going missing from my warehouses, my men are being killed, and they are even killing some of the Russians I’ve been taking care of.”

Suddenly Matt wasn’t as angry. This guy was denying him business because he didn’t want him to go down with him. He no longer wondered why the Russian’s and the Japanese were so fiercely loyal to him. “Is there anything I can do to help?”

He face flashed a smile, “I think I’ve found a lead, some young, stupid kid that just needs some direction but…” His hand came to his face and he rubbed his temples, “You hear anything? Call me. When this gets all figured out, I’d be more than ecstatic to do business with you.” Vince Quinn stood up and held his hand out for Matt, and he quickly got off the leather couch, doing so. “I’ve heard a lot about your business, Matt, all of it good.”

“I take pride in my business, but thank you, Vincent. That means a lot to me that you say that,” Matt flashed a guilty smile. Matt had, had a relationship with Vincent's oldest daughter over the last couple of weeks. Something he didn't exactly want to do, and he knew that if he got caught there would be hell to pay but Matt found Hayden so addictive. He just couldn't stay away from her irresistible charm and undeniable good looks.

“If there is anything that I can do, don’t hesitate to pop round the shop.”

A loud thump from downstairs interrupted Vincent’s reply and he looked towards the door for a second before he turned to Matt. “You heard that right?”

Matt nodded and turned towards Brian, and Zacky who were standing against the wall, looking professional as always, “Are you expecting Johnny?” He only got a series of 'no's.

“Not us.” Matt confirmed, hoping it would help.

Vincent was about to blow it off when there was another loud thump, this time closer to the third floor office. He turned towards his two men who were stood by the elevator. “You know where the kids are tonight?”

Matt was impressed that he cared, he had been around long enough to see that most father who were in this line of business didn't, in fact, they even sent most of their kids to boarding schools in different countries.

Dimitri, Vince's Russian prodigy, spoke up, “Antonia’s in bed, Hayden, I’m not sure. I haven’t seen her since this morning and I know Logan and Jackson went out to some bar.”

Vincent’s face a smirk slapped across it, “The boys have probably just been drinking.”

Matt laughed at the idea, knowing very well what drunk men were like. They hook up with 18 year-old girls. Matt pushed the sound of his unconscious to the back of his head. Matt didn't feel guilty at all that he was hooking up with Hayden, he just didn't want to get caught.

“Lily?” Vincent asked about his wife, last time he saw her she was making breakfast in the kitchen. As if her ears were burning, the elevator door dinged and Vince's wife came bursting into the room, her crème coloured, satin robe wrapped around her body. Her face was panicked and the door closed behind her.

“Vincent,” she looked towards her husband, but then noticed he had company and lowered her voice, “You need to come with me, there’s something wrong with Hayden.”

Vincent suddenly came around from behind his desk and walked closer to his young wife. “What happened?”

She tried to explain but clearly she was in shock she tried to find the words to explain but she couldn't find them, “Where is she?” Vincent grabbed onto her shoulders and her mouth only opened and closed. “Lily!”

Matt's stomach lurched and his heart stopped beating. He felt sick hearing those words, that something was wrong with his Hayden. But he had to keep his poker face going. He would soon find out what was wrong.

Logan and Jackson walked into their father’s office from the elevator, blood on there clothes and their fists all beaten up, but this was the last thing Matt saw, he was too preoccupied watching as they carried their younger sister’s limp body into the room. Her pale arms were thrown around their shoulders, her fingers loosely gripping their clothes in torture and her feet dragging behind.

The front of her grey hoodie was covered in what Matt assumed to be her own blood, blood was slightly coagulated as it fell from both nostrils of her nose, a cut above her left eyebrow and a cut on her right cheek also emitted blood. Her hands were covered in blood from cuts on her knuckles, and Matt made the immediate assumption that she had tried to fight back.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story.... so yeah. Comment. I think I'm really going to get into this.