Status: this story is based on the charactors of people i hold dear to my heart.

The Pain of Love

Introduction

It was the summer of 2009. And my parents had been planning this big trip up to Niagara Falls for months. In July i was able to get time off from my job at the local Textbook exchange store, Book Holders. We, as a family, left and drove up there. It was actually fun. On the way home a terrible thunderstorm hit in NY state. My mom lost control of the van and we crashed. I was air lifted to a hospital at the West Point Military Academy. My entire family die; two brothers, a sister and my parents. I was the only one who didn't die. Probably because i was not properly wearing my seat belt and was able to fly though the side window.

At the hospital they couldn't get a hold of any of my other family members. I was awake enough to say "Jeremy Archuleta. Louisville Kentucky." The doctors understood what i meant. They got a hold of Jeremy. Hes not related to me in anyway, but my family had known him for over eight years. He agreed to come. And he did. It was arranged with my grandparents that i was to live with Jeremy and he became my legal older brother. I moved in with him.

In doing so, he required me to get a Cell phone of my choice, and a REALLY nice MacBook. I took the money i had been saving up and bought myself a nice Digital Camera as well. I became quiet and self-reliable. The only person I could rely on was me, and Jeremy for somethings. It had been this way for my entire life, so it wasn't new, but it was reformed. I only let one person near me, Ben Stepensein.

It was Ben and I against the world.

I started my first year of High School in August. I might add that I was more confident than any other school year. I had a new look – after the stitches and what not, I had to change my hair – and a really nice new wardrobe, compliments of and to Jeremy. My schedule for school was amazing too. I was taking Geometry, English 9 Honors, World Geography and History 9 Honors, Earth Science 9, AP Art, German 1, and P.E./Health 9. A lot of classes I had with Ben, which was nice considering he was my support system back then. Ben also got me to hang out with one of his other friends, Manari, though that didn't happen all that much – much to Ben's dissapointment. I felt as though the world would give me pity, and I didn't want any. Sean continued trying to be my friend but I always seemed to push him away. It was me and Ben.

Until that September.