Back of Your Head

Part Two

"I’ll leave," Bradie stood up quickly making his way to the door.

"Don't," Andy whimpered.

"No, go," Shaun told him bitterly. "I don't want any witnesses."

The door closed and Shaun looked back at Andy.

"Seriously! How fucking dare you?" Shaun spat in Andy's face.

Andy stood his ground.

“How fucking dare I? How fucking dare you?” he heard his voice faltering. He’d never stood up to Shaun before. “You bring some fucking random girl back here and fuck her. Meanwhile Bradie and I have to sit in our rooms and fucking listen to it. How is that fair on us Shaun? How the fuck is that fair?”

Shaun took a step back from Andy. He didn’t know what was more shocking, Andy swearing like that or him actually standing up for himself. The shock wore off and he pulled his hands into fists at his sides.

“That doesn’t give you the right to interrupt us like that,” Shaun yelled back. He scrunched his hands up tighter. Andy noticed the tenseness in Shaun forearms.

“What are you going to do, Shaun? Fight me?” the sarcastic tone came out involuntarily. “We both know what happened last time that happened and this time, you might not be so fucking lucky!”

Shaun uncoiled his fists and remembered a past fight with Andy. Needless to say, Andy’s parents almost sued for assault. He saved his arse by telling them it was self defense. His parents didn’t believe him at first but Andy didn’t back down. After what felt like an eternity Andy’s parents dropped the charges against Shaun; but form that day Shaun wasn’t welcome in the Webb/Clemmensen family home. He had to call the guys ahead of time so they could meet him outside. Eventually, Andy forgave Shaun for what happened. His parents were ecstatic about the idea when Bradie and Andy announced they were going to move into an apartment with Shaun to work on their music more professionally and seriously. But after saving up for and purchasing Andy a brand new bass guitar and throwing him the single most epic 21st birthday party; he was welcome back into the family home. Shaun looked up at Andy. Andy’s expression actually frightened him.

“And from what I heard, it doesn’t sound like I interrupted you very long,” Andy placed his hand on his hips; tilting his head. His fringe fell out of his eyes; the pissed off expression emphasized.

“But..” Shaun’s voice wasn’t as strong as before.

“But what?” Andy couldn’t help but still be annoyed with Shaun. He also could help but think that jealousy was fueling in frustration. “Are you going to apologise? That would be a change. It’s what, ever single night you being home some slut? Have you ever done it out of love Shaun? Or with you, is it just a fuck and be done with her? Is it revenge? Because that what it seems like. Are you out to prove to your father that you can get laid? That you’re not going to turn out like him.”

“Leave my father out of this Andy,” Shaun snapped; he walked right up to Andy and grabbed him by the scruff of his collar. “That’s none of your fucking business!”

“It used to be,” Andy spat; grabbing fistfuls of the front of Shaun’s t-shirt. “When we were friends and before this whole ‘fuck every girl you see’ thing started. We were best friends; do you remember? Do you fucking remember that Shaun? Or don’t I even matter anymore?”

Shaun looked at Andy with wild eyes. Did Andy matter? Of course he mattered. He had been Shaun’s mate for years. Shaun’s face softened. It was Andy’s turn to look at the man opposite with wide eyes. Andy gripped Shaun’s shirt tighter and pushed his lips against Shaun’s with all his might. Memories of that kiss at Bradie’s party came flooding back; Andy’s heart burst with long harbored feelings. He slid his tongue along Shaun’s bottom lip; begging for entry. It took a second trip to convince Shaun and he obliged. Both tongues danced with each other. Neither man loosened their grip on the others shirt. Moments later Andy pulled away. He was met with Shaun’s wide eyes; the pastel green filled with shock and fear. Shaun dropped his hands from Andy’s shirt; he dropped his gaze from Andy. Andy let go tentatively and stepped back from Shaun.

“I, I um, have to go,” Andy stuttered; stepping around Shaun and making his way to the door.

“What?” Shaun spun around and grabbed Andy’s harm firmly. Andy looked at his Shaun’s hand; his fingers were curled around Andy’s small, thin wrist. His wrist tingled at the touch. Shaun dropped it like a hot potato. He gathered his thoughts and looked back at Andy. “You can’t just, ki… shove your tongue down my throat like that and then leave.”

“Why ? Why can I?” Andy yelled at him; his heart was racing. “Isn’t that what you do to every single one of the girls? Fuck them and chuck them out?”

Shaun looked down; defeated. Andy had him pegged. He was right. But he couldn’t let Andy leave; not after what had just happened.

“I’m really…” Shaun started but Andy cut him off.

“Don’t bother,” Andy turned his back on Shaun and walked out. Shaun backed his way to Bradie’s bed and sat down heavily; he rested his forearms on his thighs and leant forward. He sighed to himself. What had he done?