‹ Prequel: Shatter
Status: In Progress

Stay With Me, Forever and Always

Chapter 8

“Um. Hell no.” I said point-blank.

“Then can I at least kiss you?”

“N --” Was all I managed to squeak out before his lips gently brushed against mine.

I was so completely shocked that I had no words, no witty comeback, for his action. He took advantage of my state and grabbed my hand, flipping it over and inhaling deeply from the wrist. He placed a kiss there as well, sending jolts of electricity up my arm. I gasped, and I saw him smirk, the carnal glint in his eyes again. He continued the kisses up my arm and onto my neck. Then there was a sharp pricking sensation, and it felt like my entire body was on fire.

I whimpered. He brought his face up to mine. “Shh, Charlotte. It’s okay. Don’t be afraid.” He kissed my lips again, briefly, before returning to my neck. Soon, I felt a bit dizzy, and he stopped drinking from me. Wiping his mouth off with his sleeve, he asked, “See? That wasn’t so bad, was it?”

“You... douchebag. You.... effing.... douchebag.” I panted, and glared at him. After catching my breath, I continued, “Even though I told you no, you still drank from me. You stole my blood, you bastard!” Righteous anger was washing over me as I spoke. “Get the hell out. I don’t want to see you ever again!” I shouted and pointed to the door.

He stared at me for a few minutes before he complied. He paused at the doorframe. “If that’s how you feel, then fine. You won’t see me.”

And then he was gone.

I was shaking all over. I couldn’t seem to calm down. My hand flew to my neck, searching for any sign that I was still bleeding, and when I discovered I wasn’t, I felt relieved.

And then everything went dark.

A gunshot.

Pain. Everywhere.

Blood pouring out of an innocent.

More laughter.

“Checkmate.”


My eyes flew open. I shivered and curled into a ball, trying to warm myself up. Everything was dark. A breeze blew in from the open door, the curtains fluttering in the wind. I stood up, shaking, and closed the back door. Taking deep breaths, I tried to calm myself.

Was that a dream?

Pain exploded in my head, and I cried out.

“I just didn’t want her to be harmed. You know my true feelings, my lady.”

I gasped for air and clutched onto the doorknob, trying to steady myself.

Tearing through flesh and bone --

Now there was pain in my lower abdomen. I screamed and sunk to my knees.

“You can’t possibly win against me, Charlotte.”

“Help.... someone help.... me....” I whispered, then crumpled to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
and this is where the REAL story begins.
Thanks to everyone who comments, subscribes, and reads!
Oh, and if you're confused, don't worry. Everything will be explained in time. :)