Status: Completed!

Crash Into Me.

ten.

As Cara and Madison continued to talk, another vehicle pulled into the driveway beside Madison’s car.

“Cara, please tell me all the texting you have been doing was not to Jake Morris.” Madison glared at her best friend.

“Well it wasn’t, it was to Connor. Look we’re just both concerned for you and Jake. You guys need to figure this out. I think you need to realize you have less time than you actually think.”
Getting up Cara went inside and left Jake and Madison beside each other.

She hadn’t realized the boys climbed the deck and escaped inside with Cara. Sitting beside Madison, Jake cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck.

“What did she mean we had less time than we realized?”

“I didn’t want to have to tell you this way, but we leave for New York this weekend.”

“Are you kidding me?” Madison asked. Her voice was growing in anger. Her heart began to accelerate, and she grew hot. “You want to figure this out by this weekend?” Standing she took her keys and began to walk away.

“Madison, you’re not leaving.”

“Watch me!”

“We need to talk about this,” he began but she spun around and starred at him.

“There’s nothing to discus Jake. Go to New York, meet some girl there and live happily ever after!” She yelled as she spun back around and reached her car. Locking the door as she closed it only made it harder for Jake to stop her.

Spinning the radio knob to the right, increasing the volume, she reversed her car and drove off down the street.

*~*~*~*~*

“Now what?” Jake asked as he slumped down on one of the couches inside Cara’s house. The bags under his eyes showed he didn’t sleep the previous night, and Cara sighed.

“She just needs time to calm down.”

“Cara, Jake doesn’t have time for that. It’s Tuesday, and we leave Saturday.” Connor was pacing across the floor and stressing out everyone.

“Connor, don’t yell at me!” Cara exclaimed before going into the kitchen and coming back with a soda. “And besides I know when you’re leaving. Look, just give her the rest of the day and she will probably be around.”

“What if she doesn’t? Cara, you don’t get it, if I leave without talking to her, it will kill me.”

“Jake, from what she was telling me she won’t wait that long.”

*~*~*~*~*

As Madison pulled into her house’s driveway, tears were streaming down her cheek, falling off her chin. She didn’t know why she was crying, if it was the fact that she left in such a bad manor, or the fact that Jake was leaving.

She knew the news had startled her, and that was the real reason for her abrupt departure, but she didn’t want her heart broken.

Madison even knew if she found someone else at school, her heart would break for Jake. Jake had been there since they were born, and maybe even then they loved each other.

Whenever a relationship would end for either of them, they thought they were doomed for the rest of their life. But then as Madison thought about it, maybe she just needed Jake in her life to realize he was the right balance.

Opening her door, she locked it behind her and walked around the outer sidewalk that surrounded her house.

Kicking off her shoes at her back porch, her feet touched the soft warm sand and she continued walking. She walked to the left for a bit, passing families enjoying the beach, passing the lifeguard stand where two of her classmates sat chatting as they were on duty, and passed the multi-colored umbrellas. Sitting in the spot that Jake claimed to help him think, she sat and waited.

If her theory about her and Jake was correct, she knew he would show up. Even if she had to wait until the stars shined bright above, she would wait and listen to the waves crash together.

~*~*~*~*~

After Cara kicked the boys out, Jake got dropped off and glanced at the Harrison house. Seeing Madison’s car in the driveway, he ignored Cara’s warning and cut across the lawn.

Ringing the doorbell, he heard no movement. Looking at the garage, he noticed it was closed, but most likely would be empty. Walking towards Madison’s car, he noticed all of her stuff was inside.

Looking around, he heard the waves, and headed toward the beach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm. Didn't expect them to leave so soon huh?
Well let me know what you think.

Thanks for commenting: A_chap23
:)