Status: Completed!

Crash Into Me.

Three.

The familiar sounds of waves were not what Madison heard when she woke up. Running a hand down her face, she felt mascara stick to her finger, Groaning, she sat up and looked around.

Not realizing for a moment where she was, she sighed. Looking out the window, she saw her own house and the waves that normally woke her. Her house looked so empty from her view, but it most likely was. The white of the house began to chip due to the salt in the air, and the blue shutters swayed when a storm hit. But today it looked like any ordinary home.

Grabbing her cell-phone from beside her shoe, she looked at the clock and rolled her eyes. Sundays the coffee shop was closed, and Madison’s only day off.

The door opened and soon Jake plopped on the bed next to her and yawned.

“Did you sleep yet?” she asked quietly, knowing her voice would crack. Blinking and looking at him he shook his head.

“Well I’m going to go then, so you can sleep.” She began to get up, but felt a hand on her wrist.

“Stay.” And stay she did.

~*~*~*~*~

Waking for the second time that day Madison noticed two things. The first being that the sun was noticeably further down in the sky from the first time she woken. And the second thing being that Jake Morris was still sleeping.

Deciding to finally go home, she picked up her shoes and phone, as well as her keys she slid out of the bed and to the door quietly.

The house was silent, as it normally was. Her mother as well as Jake’s mother had gone to the beach club on Sundays, and the fathers went to play golf.

Getting into her house was a lot easier than she thought, and silently thanked no one in particular that it was so easy.

~*~*~*~*~

Jake woke and his room was completely dark, rolling his head to the side he noticed the time. Then moving his hand along the other pillow, noticed it was empty. Sighing, he closed his eyes and got out of bed.

Switching on the light to his room, his eyes squinted to adjust to the new lighting. Flipping on the light to the bathroom, he starred at himself in the mirror. And despite the lack of sleep, he smiled to himself.

Madison Harrison was falling for him faster than he would have imagined. And he liked it.

~*~*~*~*~

Curling up in the Harrison’s basement was sort of a summer Sunday night tradition for Madison. She would turn the TV on to some 90’s movie, and watch it, no matter what it was.
A blanket would be hitched up to her waist, although the temperature was perfect, and a peach tea bottle would lie next to her on the plush cushion.

Her parents were not due back for another of couple of hours, so when the doorbell rang she groaned. Pausing the movie, shoving the blanket aside, and jogging up the stairs she reached the front door.

“What happened to you last night?” Were the first words Cara James said when her best friend opened the door.

“Oh hi Cara, nice to see you too.” Cara smiled and held up the taco bag.

Stepping aside, the girl walked in the door while Madison closed and locked the door. The two headed down the stairs and onto the white plush carpet. Cara had been over enough to know to stop at the bottom of the wooden stairs, and kick off her jeweled flip-flops.

Cara's white shorts began to show off her new tan, and her yellow tang-top allowed her comfort in which after a night that she had, she needed. “So as I was saying, where did you disappear to last night?”

“I guess I went to Jake’s house. I woke up there this morning.”

Cara’s eyes budged and she opened her mouth then closed it. Jumping to conclusions Madison shook her head before her friend spoke.

“Nothing happened, promise.” Un-pausing the movie, and unwrapping a taco she smiled.

“Nothing at all?” Cara asked about five minutes and one taco later.

“No, he didn’t even come to the room until about noon. Then I fell asleep again and woke up an hour ago.”

“Sounds odd to me, any other guy would have totally tried something.” Cara took a bite out of her taco and chewed. “But I guess since you guys have known each other for so long it wouldn’t cross his mind.”

Shrugging her shoulders, Madison finished her second taco and put the trash into the plastic bag. “Who knows, all I know is when I was with Jake dancing a lot of things seemed right.”

~*~*~*~*~

As Jake tuned his guitar, the garage door opened and the bright lights from the small black car blinded him momentarily.

“Hello Jake hunny,” Jake’s mom said as she closed the car door.

“Hey mom, dad.” Passing by, his mother kissed the top of his head and patted his cheek. His father nodded and headed inside behind his wife.

“Oh hunny, how was your night?”

“Fantastic.”

She stepped out of the doorframe and walked to her son. “Do you happen to know where little Madison was? Her mother said she never came home.”

“Oh, don’t worry mom she was with me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's not the best.
I know.
But honestly, from here on out is fabulous.
And I think you'll be happy.

Favorite commenter :)
The Sun.
Thanks again!

And thanks to those of you who read and subscribed!