Status: Completed!

Crash Into Me.

Seven.

As Jake, Cara, Luke, and Madison all piled out of Jake’s car, the street began to grow with teenagers. The house that was having the party was at the end of the block, and was already in full swing.

Kids were already staggering back to their vehicles, or tripping over the soft sand beneath their feet.

Feeling a warm hand grab a hold of her own small hand, Madison smiled up at Jake. Cara walked next her chatting to Luke about something they had both seen on TV.

The porch was full with kids holding plastic cups; the windows were opened revealing the loud bass of the music, and happiness from the drunken teenagers.

“Remember Jake, don’t drink too much!” Cara yelled as the group moved from the entryway to the kitchen.

Chuckling, Jake nodded and swirled the key ring around his finger. “I’ll remember Cara.”

Deciding that if Jake wasn’t drinking, Madison wouldn’t and led them to the living room where people created a dance floor. Smiling at his dreaded look she stepped closer to him.

“You danced with me when I was drunk.”

Laughing he placed his hands on her hips. “Yeah, but I had been drinking too. So I was a good dancer than.”

“I think you’re a fabulous dancer.” She said smiling up at him. She started moving her body to the latest r&b song on the radio, and he soon followed suit.

~*~*~*~*~

As Sunday night rituals went, Madison found herself laughing at the corny pick-up lines the 90’s were famous for.

The big plush couch was big enough to basically lie on, while you were against the cushions, and Madison found herself doing just that. Her phone rested, abandoned, on the carpeted floor below her. The blanket that resided on the couch was draped across her short clad legs. Her hair was in a mess on the top left side of her head; her make-up was a minimum to absolutely nothing. Her shirt had a baggy sleeve, which resulted in sliding down her tanned arm. But she was relaxed.

After last night’s party, Madison and Jake dropped Luke and Cara off. Walking her to the door, he kissed her forehead and off inside she went.

With her parents gone from the early morning, she resulted in a good night’s sleep, and a relaxed day in which she thought was well deserved.

Ignoring the shrill of the house phone, she groaned when not a minute later the doorbell rang. Pausing the movie, she got up and up the flight of stairs.

Opening the door she smiled at the boy in front of her, and allowed him to walk in.

“Hey, how are you?” She asked walking back down the stairs and continuing to rest in her previous spot.

“I’m great, I have some news.”

Turning the TV off, she turned to him and smiled. “Oh yeah, and what would that be?”

“Well today we had a meeting with the record rep from LA and we showed him a lot of our stuff.” He said pausing for a dramatic effect.

Laughing, Madison took his hand and pulled. “Well what did he say?”

“He loved it, he loves all of my songs. He thinks the music is great, and fresh.”

“Jake, that’s fabulous. I’m so happy for you.” She hugged the boy in front of him and felt his arms wrap around her body.

“But there’s something else.” Letting her arms fall to her body, the rest of her fell back to the sofa and looked at him.

This news to him seemed bad. He couldn’t let the words fall from his lips, he grew so nervous at the prospect of telling her, but knew he had to tell her before it was too late.

“Jake, what is it? Is it bad?” Taking her hand and placing it on his jean clad legs, he sighed.

“Well I guess it can be looked at in both a positive way and negative.” Looking at her, he slightly smiled. “Well since the rep is from LA, we would go there. Which isn’t far, but they want to send us to New York to meet the actual record label. You see, they have a studio here, but their main studio is back on the east coast.”

Letting out a breath, Madison looked at him.

“Well, I think it’s still great. This is a big step for you guys. And I think you should take it.”

Sitting in silence for a minute, Jake looked at Madison. “I would be gone for a year."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm. Did you expect that?
Bet you didn't.
:)

Favorite Commenters :)
Me without you
Thanks girl!

Oh and guess what. Since this is almost done, I have a new story haha.
I think you'll love it.
Hopefully.