Status: Completed!

Crash Into Me.

Eight.

Madison often found herself some peace and serenity when she went to work, and today was one those days.

After the bomb that Jake dropped on her, her parents showed up saving a long conversation that she was not ready to have. First of all, she was happy for Jake and his band. They had been working hard, and they deserved a break like this. Second, they weren’t together. They had something going on; sure, anyone could see it. But it wasn’t a relationship, and Madison didn’t know what to call it.

Smiling, as she gave her current customer his coffee, she sighed. Her shift was ending in an hour, and in an attempt to avoid being near the Morris house, she told Cara that she was coming over.

Cara knew of the situation, and she was just as stumped about what Madison’s solution should be as Madison.

Madison had hoped that Jake was smart enough not to want coffee today, but she couldn’t be too sure. As every silver car drove by, her heart sped and knees grew weak, but they would simply continue driving. When they would pass, Madison would release a breath she didn’t know she held until it was out of her body.

Soon Madison found herself untying her apron, and saying bye to the new barista that was behind the counter.

A single yellow sticky-note stuck to Madison’s car handle and her stomach dropped. Peeling the paper from her car, she unlocked her car and started it before finding it safe to read.

I’m sorry for whatever I did to upset you.

Closing her eyes, she leaned against her car seat. Taking the silver device she sent a message to Cara canceling the afternoon’s events. She now had other plans she needed to attend to.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Jake Morris was more nervous than he had ever been in his entire life. He breezed by across the stage when he received his diploma the past month, he didn’t break sweat when he took his driving test, and he wasn’t nervous when he told his parents the news of the band leaving.

But Madison Harrison made him a wreck. She could never speak to him, sending him away to New York without a goodbye. She could do anything to him right now and he wouldn’t feel any better than he would at that moment.

“Get a grip,” he mumbled to himself as he lay back onto his black comforter. Kicking off his shoes, he slid himself all the way up the wooden headrest. The shelf that his head rested upon held a lot of objects.

There were various colors of picks for his guitar, random movie ticket stubs, concert tickets, and one single picture. The picture was in a wooden frame that matched the same color as the rest of his furniture. In the photo were Jake and Madison when they were known as Jakey and Maddie. They had been nine years old, and they were at the beach outside their very homes. They had built a sand castle and couldn’t be more proud of themselves, for Christmas the previous year; Madison found the snapshot and framed it saying she loved that day.

Closing his eyes once again, he felt his heartbeat increase. He just wanted to talk to Madison to figure out this mess. He didn’t know what he should do, even though he knew what he wanted, but those were two very different things.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Smiling, Mrs. Morris sent Madison up the stairs to Jake’s room. His door was closed, but she heard the soft strums of his acoustic guitar.

Knocking quietly on the door, the handle turned and Jake stood before her. Smiling slightly, she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around the taller boy.

Sighing, he let his own arms wrap around her and pulled her body closer. As they stepped into the room, Jake closed the door with his bare foot and let her go. Walking further into his room, she sat on the corner of the bed while he took the swivel chair.

“I got your note,” she said inwardly flinching. She hated how nervous and awkward she sounded. She never once had this type of relationship with Jake. Jake was someone she could bare her secrets too without worrying the entire school would know. And now she was basically a melted pile of goo on his hardwood floor.

“That’s good,” his own voice gave away the nerves that ran through his body. He hated it more than anything, and just wished she would laugh and forget this entire weekend happened, but it did and that's not something that can just be erased.

“Um, I just want to tell you I’m not mad at you Jake.” Smiling she took his hand and held it in her lap. “I’m so happy for you, I hope you know that. I’m just so confused.”

Nodding, Jake moved to the bed next to her and took his hand, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

“I know you’re happy for me, proud even.” Madison nodded, waiting for him to continue. “I’m confused too, it’s just…” He sighed and cleared his throat. “I didn’t want to leave for New York not knowing what is going on with us.”

Looking at her, he knew he didn’t want to leave unless they were together. But knowing Madison she wanted to make it easier on him, and he knew he would have to fight her on it.

“Jake, listen to me.”

“No Madison. I know exactly what you’re going to say. You’re going to say ‘well maybe we should stay friends’. What if I don’t want that?”

“You’re going away for an entire year. I’m leaving for school in a month and a half Jake.”

“Yeah, you’ll be in Arizona, and I’ll be in New York. If I weren’t leaving, we would be having this same argument. You’re still leaving, it doesn’t matter where we are.”

“Jake, it does. I think we should just stick to whatever we are now. We’re both happy. Why ruin what we have?”

“Cause I can’t just only be friends with you Madison.” Madison stood and walked to his door. Feeling his heart dropped, her reached out and pulled her to him. “Let me try one thing,” he whispered before pushing his lips to hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh boy.
What do you think?

Favorite Commenter :)
me without you
Thanks girl :)