Status: Completed!

Crash Into Me.

Nine.

The kiss that Jake and Madison shared only left them both in a dizzy state. Madison still held the same opinion she held from before, but Jake was persistent to break that thought she held so tightly onto.

By midnight the teens were tired of arguing, and Madison left because of the work in the morning and to get some time to herself.

Finding himself running out of time, Jake went to the one place he could think clearly.

*_*_*_*_*

Tuesday mornings were a pretty good rush hour for coffee houses. Madison had been busy making orders that the time on the clock seemed to tick closer to ending her shift.

Driving over to Cara’s seemed like a blur to her, but was thankful her best friend was sitting on the wooden swing that rested in front of two large windows. The deck that the swing was hanging above curved and surrounded the entire house. The light brown wood created a staircase that begun where the sidewalk and green grass ended.

“Hey babe,” Cara called out sending a quick text on her phone. Patting the soft cushion beside her, Madison sighed and closed her eyes. “Rough couple of days?” Cara joked, but stopped smiling when the facial expression Madison wore looked at Cara.

“You could say that.”

*_*_*_*_*

“So, did you talk to Madison?” Connor asked as he popped the tab on his Pepsi can.

Nodding, Jake sighed and rubbed a hand through his hair. “Sure did, spent hour arguing too.”
“Man that’s beat. What happened?”

“Well, she basically thinks we should not be together because I’ll be away. But so will she, so we would have this argument anyway when she leaves at the end of the summer.”

“Did you tell her that?”

“Of course I did,” Jake mumbled kicking a piece of dirt that covered the garage floor.

“Does she not trust you? Is that why she doesn’t want to be together?”

“It’s not even that, she just wants me to have full experience of the band. She doesn’t want to distract me, and she’s nervous about school. She doesn’t want to get sidetracked either.”
Sitting on one of the many large speakers, Jake put his hands in face.

‘The worst part is that she doesn’t even know we leave this weekend.”

*_*_*_*_*

“Wow, that’s a lot. I mean I see it from your point of view, but I can see it from his as well.”
Madison sighed and leaned against the back of the swing. “Yeah, all the fighting and we didn’t resolve anything.”

“Well, I’m not Jake. So tell me what you’re feeling.”

“I told you,” Madison began but Cara shook her head.

“No you told Jake. Jake and I are two different people. Jake is your ‘boyfriend’,” she said in air quotes. “But I,” she said as she smiled and pointed to herself, “Am your best friend. So again,
tell me how you feel.”

“I don’t know, I guess I feel like I like him, a lot. Which you know that, that’s undeniable at this point. But I’m afraid. I’m afraid that when he gets to New York there will be some better girl there that he will drop me for. It’s not even that I don’t trust him, it’s just I don’t want my heart to get stomped all over.”

“I think that you should tell him. I know he will tell you that won’t happen, and it might not, but maybe reassurance from him will help.” Cara tried as she squeezed her best friend’s hand.

“Maybe, but I’m afraid it could happen with me too though. Who knows, I could meet some guy at school and I don’t ever want to hurt Jake.” Feeling her eyes swell, she took a deep breath and released it.

“Maybe I’m being ridiculous about the whole thing.”

“Madison, you’re not. Trust me. Things like this can’t just be resolved at the snap of your fingers.”

“But I feel like they can be, I feel like I am making this so much more difficult than it should be.”

“Well, did Jake tell you when he is leaving?” Looking at her best friend she knew that Madison didn’t even bother asking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took forever and a half.
But I will be posting the next few chapters soon.