Bouleversement

Stealing The Limelight

It was always the youngest in the limelight. Brendon always stole the show. No matter how hard everyone else played, no matter how much effort they put into their performance, Brendon still always had the crowd.

Not tonight.

They had been planning tonight for a long time. They had even got William Beckett in on it. He had been appointed with keeping Brendon away while they planned. It was all set to go off.

Brendon’s favourite end to the show was to burst into But It’s Better If You Do, bouncing around the stage and involved a lot of flirtatious dancing with the on stage girls. It was going to be different tonight.

As they finished playing ‘Lying Is The Most Fun’, Jon snuck a glance across the stage at Ryan, then back at Spencer. They both nodded to him respectively. He smiled and looked to the wings at the technicians. They had been bribed to go along with the plan.

Brendon said his good night to the crowd and turned his back on them as the lights started to dim. He was all ready to spin around into their final song. Jon had to be fast. He abandoned his bass at the side of the stage and dashed across stage in the darkness.

Brendon began to sing, and the microphone cut out. He turned around, confused. And then, he noticed.

A light had come back on. It was a spotlight. Pointed at where Ryan stood. But Ryan wasn’t alone. His guitar was laid on the floor, and he and Jon were attached by the mouth.

Brendon’s jaw dropped as Spencer started to speak into a microphone.

“Today is Jon and Ryan’s one year anniversary. We believed that it was the right time to let you, our audience, know the truth. I hope you’ll join me in wishing them well, and for any of you slash fans out there, now is the time for pictures!”

He looked down at Brendon and grinned. Brendon had had no idea. He hadn’t seen it coming.

They were all sick of him being the memorable thing about their shows.

As they were leaving the venue, they could all hear people talking about Ryan and Jon. How sweet they were together. How they had managed to hide it for a year.

Not a single mention of Brendon.