Day in, Day out.

Same shit, new day.

Brendon ran his hand down the boy’s slender body, over his protruding hipbones and back up to his ribs. He was worn out though he had been awake for less than an hour. Feeling the contact between their skins was electrifying, the slightest touch would send thrills up Ryan’s spine. He leaned up to kiss boyfriend who twisted his hand into the boys honey colored locks deepening it which causing the older boy to moan. “We have to get ready.” Ryan mumbled between quick pecks.

Brendon fell back onto the pillows and he watched his lover inch off of their bed and head into the conjoining bathroom. Soon the sounds of a shower filled the apartment lulling Brendon back to sleep. He thought back to the mornings events, he would’ve listened to Ryan scream his name for hours if he could. Fuck, Brendon! But as quickly as it started it would end and Brendon would be left with the memories flooding his head. It had become a routine for them: wake up, fuck, shower, and leave. Day in and day out. And Brendon had grown to live with it.

When the older boy walked back into their bedroom, wrapped only in a towel, he was met with a dozing Brendon. Ryan crawled onto the bed whispering “Wake up, Sleepy head.” Until he got near the other boys ear and leaned forward to nip the skin. Brendon liked that sort of thing and Ryan knew it. Lately he would do anything to please Brendon because he also knew they were crumbling. The slumbering boys eyes slowly opened and a suggestive smirk graced his lips, but Ryan shook his head “No.” and got off the bed grabbing a pair of boxers from the floor. “Get ready.” He called walking out of the room after grabbing the rest of his attire.

Brendon liked to pretend he didn’t know where they were going but the sad truth was, he did. Ryan even moved out the city to try and please Brendon because he didn’t like the long drive. Truth was he just didn’t want to see Ryan hurt so much anymore. “You aren’t getting ready.” Ryan observed and crossed his arms. His glares broke Brendon out of his thoughts and he scrambled up grabbing a hopefully clean shirt of the drawer. “I could drive myself you know.” Brendon shook his head sighing, “No, Ry you couldn’t.” Of course he could but Brendon was afraid that if he didn’t go Ryan wouldn’t come back. He clapped his hands once when Brendon pulled the shirt over his head and wiggled into some skinny jeans. “I’ll be waiting.” He whispered and disappeared down the hall.

Brendon waved his hand in a “Yeah, yeah.” Way and ran a comb through his hair. “Okay let’s go.” He announced walking through the living room and then the kitchen grabbing his keys off the coffee table in the process. Ryan smiled and followed him out of the door and to the elevator, Brendon’s most hated part. Luckily on one of his worse days he had thrown his cell phone so hard the speaker playing God awful music had busted, but now he was stuck in an awkward silence.

The actual trip to the cemetery was short and peaceful but Brendon could enjoy it due to the misery the trip would put Ryan through. He tapped his fingers impatiently against the steering wheel as the car turned down the long drive. “You can wait in the car this time.” Ryan mumbled as he got out already red in the face. Brendon leaned back and folded his arms as he watched Ryan walk over to the familiar head stone, George Ross II. The small boy sat down in the nonexistent grass and leaned back against the grave marker.

Brendon sighed and closed his eyes. He wasn’t sure how much longer he could handle seeing Ryan feel so much emotional pain but he knew one day it would consume Ryan to the point where it ripped him to shreds. But on that day, like all the days before it, he came walking back to the car with his hands stuffed deep into his pockets. He gave a quick thoughtful glace back at his dad then turned around to smile at Brendon. When the older boy entered the car Brendon’s palm was already turned upwards waiting for Ryan’s. And they drove out of the graveyard to face the rest of their day until the next morning and every morning after that.